lynda.com - Be an A player | Glassdoor

"Be an A player"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at lynda.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is growing rapidly which means things are busy. Fortunately we have smart people so there are plenty of great teams to join. This company has amazing benefits and compensation so for those looking for challenges, it is a great gig. There is plenty of room for learning and development, I couldn't not be happier with my decision to come here.

Cons

There is concern over job security for some, but I think as long as you bring your A-game you have nothing to worry about. Some teams are too small for the size of the organization and need to grow to support better, but HR is doing a great job helping in this regard.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication up to keep the morale high. Everyone just wants to know where things are headed and feel secure that the exec team cares about their current employees.

Other Employee Reviews for lynda.com

"No job security, there one day and gone the next!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

I worked at lynda.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great location, benefits are amazing, free lunches and an overall great environment to work at.

Cons

Layoffs occur all the time without warning, HR has a tyrant working for them, favortism for employees with parents in upper management, owners have no clue of what's going on with regards to their employees, a lot of great talent is let go without a thought. Don't work at lynda.com if you have a family to support and your the bread winner and also don't let them move you across country because you have no guarantee of a job after 3 months, sometimes let go with no reason except it isn't working out.

Advice to Management

Follow the policies that bring new employees to lynda.com and don't play favorites, especially when your own kin should of been fired for their bad actions, according to policy.

"Amazing colleagues and exciting challenges!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at lynda.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

lynda.com offers the ability to learn without the pressures of the classroom. As a former educator, I see how the company goes outside of the "norm" and allows you to learn at your pace in your own place!
    We offer amazing benefits, like unheard of medical and food programs! We have evolved of the years, but lynda.com still strives to take care of their employees.

Cons

New management has come in and shaken things up, changed the norm, and imposed their way of life on an existing ecosystem. Frankly, this scares people. But new ideas can also mean new product, which turns into new jobs, which equates to growth. Overall, it's a good thing for the company but along the way some people felt burned.