mSpot - Great company making real improvements everywhere you look | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for mSpot

"Great company making real improvements everywhere you look"

I have been working at mSpot full-time

Pros

What I really love about working here is that it's not just any tech company-- we're a music company. mSpot has the advantages of working in a start-up like environment while being funded and backed by Samsung. We have a cool new building, people are friendly and collaborative and everyone, including management, is really accessible. The technology is good and improving all the time. I work with a lot of smart people who I learn from. Even though we're part of a bigger company, it still feels small enough that I can have some impact on the product and on how we do things around here. It's always busy and challenging, but I feel like I'm making the product better.

Besides all of this, we have food/snacks/drinks available all the time, we can bring dogs to work and it's the only place I've ever worked with music videos in the lobby and listening to my music is encouraged.

Cons

Like any other small company that's been acquired, it takes a while to get things straightened out between Samsung and us. Sometimes we don't get all the information we need but management told us they're working on it. We were a small company that's been growing so we don't have the processes yet that would make things easier.

Advice to Management

More communication with your employees!

Other Employee Reviews for mSpot

1. "Open, exciting, and innovative place to work!"

I have been working at mSpot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

mSpot was a start up company that lived the dream and was bought by the largest electronics manufacturer in the world. The co-owners that sold to Samsung are the current CTO and CEO and they experience the new world environment like everyone else. mSpot owned some of the most coveted patents in the digital and cloud music space and now they take advantage of that proprietary knowledge by building what could be a real game changer in the music world. The Leadership Team is approachable and open to new ideas. There are many people that have been with the company since day 1. The team is willing to work until the product is right. It is exciting to work in an environment where you know the breadth of opportunity is literally world wide and that your product will make a difference.

Cons

As far as downsides, the same as working for any large company. There will be communication issues, because tech companies are always moving and the message is always changing. The difference here is that if you ask a question, you will get an answer. Another con is the amount of work that is on the plate....but seriously, work means you have a job!

Advice to Management

As with any job, the key to longevity with employees is communication and clear definition of goals and metrics. However, I really like working for mSpot especially as it is growing into its new life with Samsung. I really believe that upper Management is learning along the way too, which is cool to watch and to be a part of.

"mSpot is a fantastic place to work for with wonderful people"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at mSpot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great. You are treated well. The environment is casual. We have a tremendous impact on the world around us.

Cons

They are trying to put us in a bigger building. And for now, the environment is a bit cramp.