marcus evans - Great Company to Work For | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for marcus evans

"Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Delegate Acquisition in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Delegate Acquisition in Chicago, IL

I have been working at marcus evans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You receive TOP NOTCH sales training and experience in a variety of markets that can be benefical in many industries.

Cons

You have to be ready to work. If you are here for more than a few months, it is because you are good at what you do, and you work hard at it.

Advice to Management

Be stricter with new hires!

Other Employee Reviews for marcus evans

"Waste of Time. This job killed my spirit"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at marcus evans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good training, can talk to anyone regardless of their level ( CEOs/Presidents), Learn how to question and negotiate a high-level sale, Pretty lenient when it comes to sick days/ days off, Some travel in Summits Department, Learn to take rejection well,

Cons

The upper management is so terrible it is actually sad to see new hires come in and look excited about their new positions with the company. The CEO is extremely greedy, and management will do anything deceitful to get a deal in, no matter if the prospective company is actually a good fit for the summit/conference. They tell you in the interview that the average person makes $60K their first year, but once you look at actual numbers in terms of how many companies attend the summit, you find this is numerically impossible... the average is closer to $30-35K per year. 99% of the staff seems absolutely miserable, and they treat their employees like hell ( because the majority of them are under the age of 25: the only people who would put up with such low pay and such a tough sale- OVERPRICED PRODUCTS). Please do not work here. It kills your spirit.

Advice to Management

Lead by example. Stop taking advantage of young people before you end up eating yourselves.

"Don't do it."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at marcus evans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are in the NBC tower, which is a major perk within itself. The group actually goes out on great outings for a good time, and you speak with VERY important people on a daily basis. The conference director (GS) is really good at what she does. OH, and the main assistant for the entire office works his butt off.

Cons

Where to start???

Well first: the pay is a joke. I saw on another site that you make between 60K-102K a year. COMEDY. My last check--which you get on a monthly basis by the way--was $1100.

I'm pretty sure the super positive posts on this site is internal, as in posted by Marcus Evans Management.

you have to lie to people on a daily basis, versus building their trust to get them to come out the conferences.

you are made TOUGH--no wimps here.

turnover is almost sad. your lifespan is 3 months.

wonder why greed is a deadly sin? the definition is in marcus evans. SERIOUSLY.

the managers dont talk to you unless you get a deal.

my manager was condescending, and would point out mistakes to an audience of about 60+. He also NEVER takes responsible for anything so be prepared for everything to be your fault.

it's not easy to sell these conferences because they are expensive, the managers already know who to contact and who will attend, and inside information to make folks come out.

they literally DO INTERVIEWS EVERYDAY AT THE END OF THE DAY IN YOUR FACE just to let you know that you are replacable--oh, and they treat you that way.

...I could go on, but I have to get to me new job that appreciates that I'm there.

Advice to Management

LOSE. THE. EGO's. and at least act like you care that these people are slaving on the phone for YOUR paychecks as well.