mindSHIFT - Great people | Glassdoor

"Great people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at mindSHIFT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, good environment, good benefits and exciting industry to be part of, open and very smart management, people are nice and job stability/secutiry is in place.

Cons

Very low pay - the annual pay increase is so low that with taxes and benefits cost increase, your paycheck actually goes down no matter how good your review is. Sometimes it feels like no matter how hard you work, you can't make a difference and there is no place to grow

Advice to Management

Watch the market and stay on top of your employees market value.

Other Employee Reviews for mindSHIFT

"Systems engineer, pa"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Levittown, PA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Levittown, PA

I have been working at mindSHIFT full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay check every two weeks

Cons

Lots of nepotism, zero chance of progress unless you are thick with upper management
    Best buy acquisition has been detrimental to employee benefits such as cost of healthcare
    Sales managers are the only valued employees in this so called technology company, technical folks are treated like disposable assets
    Very low ethics when it comes to customers. They are only interested in milking them in exchange for low quality, hapless IT services. I would not even trust some of their phony customer engineers to change my light bulb. Their knowledge and skill levels make geek squad look like google engineering.

Advice to Management

Take a genuine interest in the well being of your employees and customers who help grow your company.Stop these senseless "company meetings" which is a platform for your cronies to claim credit for all hard work and long shifts put by anonymous employees. If you really care about the workers do not splash it on a tacky power point slide, rather express it in the form of a small bonus or incentive.

"More accurate truth then the last few entries."

Current Employee - N/A in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - N/A in Boston, MA

I have been working at mindSHIFT full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Steady employment so far. We now have PTO time instead of a combination of vacation days and 3 sick days.

Cons

Some Management is extremely pushy and do not show gratitude to their staff. We had very good medical until BestBuy bought us. Now you pay a lot toward your medical bills. Since we are owned by a retail company we get retail benefits. No long high tech benefits. Some departments get new equipment when ever they want and others just keep there old equipment. People are looking to leave since the take over. They have made some of us salary people hourly. They even changed our titles to match those of their retail store employees. So much for being a professional in this company now.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees and stop treating them like a number.