nSight - Great small company with dedicated, loyal, hardworking employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for nSight

"Great small company with dedicated, loyal, hardworking employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Pros

Open management, shared information on performance, accessability, very flexible on work schedules

Cons

little corporate structure, fluid environment, multiple service offerings across two businesses can make it difficult to manage, set priorities, or focus resources

Advice to Management

Keep people informed, maintain open channels of communications or even expand them

Other Employee Reviews for nSight

1. "Great work without the hassle!"

Current Employee - Proofreader (and Others) in Dover, NH
    Current Employee - Proofreader (and Others) in Dover, NH

Pros

I have worked for nSight for more than a year, and I've done both on-site and remote editorial assignments for them. NSight helped me make the transition out of a frustrating full-time job, so I will always be grateful for that. I love that they bring the work to me -- I don't have to market myself or negotiate anything directly with clients. They work hard to make sure that the assignment is a good fit for everyone. My current assignment has worked out wonderfully. I actually made less per hour at the full-time job I hated, so I could not be happier!

Cons

Work can be sporadic, but that is a challenge with any type of freelancing. I can imagine that working for nSight might be frustrating for someone who needs a solid long-term plan, because work is sometimes offered on short notice and deadlines can shift around. That does not bother me, because I keep my schedule flexible on purpose. I always have the ability to turn down work if I'm not available.

Advice to Management

For internal projects, it would be great if off-site contractors were given a better sense of the big picture and how the roles/ steps fit together. Sometimes the people running the project assume everyone understands the context for their piece of the project and who's responsible for what. A flowchart or two would help a lot.

nSight Response

May 2, 2016 – Management

We're happy that you have had such a good experience working with us. We strive to bring our temporary employees assignments that are engaging and match their skill set well. Your feedback about... More

2. "Flexible"

Pros

You have a flexible schedule with the ability to work from home.

Cons

Communication from managers regarding available hours and project details can sometimes be unclear.