netPolarity - Worth your time...but not too much of it | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for netPolarity

"Worth your time...but not too much of it"

Former Employee - Technical Sourcer in Campbell, CA
Former Employee - Technical Sourcer in Campbell, CA

I worked at netPolarity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- They have an awesome company culture (although how happy you are there depends a lot on what team you end up on). It's very casual, most people are pretty close, and they have been sincerely trying to engage with employees more recently.
- Great experience. The training program is well known in the industry and you will learn a lot. Mark Tortorici isn't there anymore, but the new trainers aren't bad.
- Flexibility. Once you prove yourself, they are great about working with you to balance work with your other goals and personal priorities.
- Cbiz! Their ATS is a lot better than at most companies, and it makes your job (both as a sourcer and a recruiter) so much easier. They use another tool called X1 that was really helpful to me too.
- netPolarity has an amazing portfolio of clients. There aren't very many other agencies that can match up.
- If nothing else, sticking it out at netPolarity for a year or longer will toughen anybody up. It's a stepping stone to career success.

Cons

Like I said, your experience here will depend a lot more than it should on which team you're put on. Luckily, I had friends on a few different ones. I wouldn't have gotten through my year there without them, because the team I got put on sucked. It has the highest turnover rate in the company (which has a high turnover rate of its own), the manager comes in 3 days a week (if that) and remains mostly checked out even when in the office. That's probably the single biggest reason I left.

Also, the pay is basically the minimum they can get away with in the staffing industry. There's no 6-month or annual review, and it's been the same for a long while. Sad but true.

Lastly, management points fingers way too much. When things aren't going well, it's always your fault in some way, whether it's metrics not being high enough or whatever other reason they come up with. It's never the client, the manager, or the industry.

All in all, netPolarity is still a great place to get started, and to be fair, they're making a lot of changes recently to address some of these issues. It's not a bad place to work and will definitely help you down the road, but the majority of people can only handle it for 1 - 1 1/2 years.

Advice to Management

Stop blaming your employees for the problems you should be solving in the first place.

Hold AEs accountable more, instead of just letting them do anything they want. Remind them that building an effective, collaborative team is also part of their job, and that dynamic starts with the AE.

Recognize that favoritism is alive and well at netPolarity, and take steps to eradicate it.

Other Employee Reviews for netPolarity

"Great company to work as an IT Contractor"

Former Contractor - IT Contractor in Dallas, TX
    Former Contractor - IT Contractor in Dallas, TX

I worked at netPolarity as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

My experience working for Netpolarity was great

Cons

None to speak of. Great company

"Great place to start your career in Staffing"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Campbell, CA

I worked at netPolarity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The training class really gave me a great introduction to the world of technology. I was only a user of my home computer before.
    -There is a wide variety of technical requisitions that I got to work on which helped me become more knowledgeable about different areas of IT.
    -netPolarity gives you the resources to succeed but its still up to your work ethic.

Cons

Staffing agencies aren't for everyone. If you have a strong work ethic and can multitask quickly, you will succeed since the majority of your pay is off commission . If your looking for a place to sit around a collect a paycheck, netPolarity isnt for you.

Advice to Management

More perks like bagels in the morning or 3pm snacks would be nice.