netPolarity - Fun | Glassdoor

"Fun"

Current Employee - Accounting in Campbell, CA
Current Employee - Accounting in Campbell, CA

I have been working at netPolarity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Face pace environment - the fun never stops. It's a small shop so you're more hands on than compared to a large corporation. It also means there's more problem solving involved. Some days you have to come into the office and wear many hats other days I only wear half a hat.

Cons

You need thick skin to be in the staffing agency.

Other Employee Reviews for netPolarity

"The best introduction into staffing that you will ever find."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I have been working at netPolarity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training program! The netPolarity training program can take someone will zero industry experience and give them every tool needed to get a running start. It's a month long, and the content is sometimes a little dry; but you will learn about the jobs positions and technologies you will encounter everyday and how to talk to and handle the candidates you find. The sourcing training is very thorough, and will prepare you to create advanced Boolean strings and searches.

Form the business side, its modeled after req volume, the upside to this is that in a year here you will experience more jobs, technologies and skill sets than any other staffing agency or corporate recruiter ever will in the same time frame.

On the social side, the work atmosphere is generally pretty casual with lots of opportunity for individual personality to show. For the most part my coworkers are great, we have a good time while we work hard and sometimes play hard. Work happy hours, bagel Friday, excellent winter and summer company parties, and a softball team.

Cons

It's not a con so much as a reality, it can be a fast pace work environment with multiple reqs a day with expectations to match. Hard work pass off with great dividends. It's sales based, we sell jobs to candidates, and sell candidates to hiring managers. So like anything sales based, we have numbers to hit regularly.

Advice to Management

Get some of the account management to be more engaged with their teams and be more engaged with their various onsites.

"It is what you make if it."

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

I worked at netPolarity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm glad the company is starting to embrace they are a fantastic stepping stone into recruiting. With that being said I believe that every job has it's pros and cons and a job is what you make of it. After a little over a year at the company I realized that my big box retail background and need to move up and be a part of something bigger was not a fit at netpolarity. There are some pretty awesome people working at the company and I truly enjoyed working with my account manager and the team I was placed on. Again, a good stepping stone but you can really only move up if you are a part of the in crowd over there, sad but true. Elda and Lisa are truly an assets to that company and I feel like they are the only reason I stayed as long as I did. Elda is a great manager and really knows what she is doing, and Lisa , she is always there to listen or try and drive the engagement in the company.

Cons

It is VERY micro managed there, I come from a metrics driven background and it was still too much. Really never seems like you can be good enough over there. There is a major lack of professionalism I feel in the office, people come and go as they please, drink during the day, two hour lunches. Sometimes I felt like I was working in a frat house. I seriously started to question the ethics of the company and the financial stability of the company as well. They shut down for two weeks at Christmas forcing employees to use their pto or simply not get paid for one week, and they did cover a few days of the other . And I heard the following come out of a Account Managers mouth the other day "well I need to look up the linkedin profile or Facebook because I'm not going to send someone over that's not good looking" whatever context it was in, and even if he didn't mean it that way. He shouted it across the office...for new employees to hear. Come on...really? Don't expect any kind of performance review or anything either. You really only get feedback when you are doing something you don't like. The employees are extremely cliquey and I often felt excluded and overlooked mostly because I was not an Asian male,

Advice to Management

Employee engagement also means appreciating your employees by telling them. You can do all the cook outs you want but until you as an owner actually start to treat everyone the same and not play favorites or make people feel like they are inferior you will always be a revolving door. Perception is reality.....