phs Group - Career opportunities within phs do exist, if staff are willing to embrace the challenge | Glassdoor

"Career opportunities within phs do exist, if staff are willing to embrace the challenge"

Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Recognition of experience and expertise is recognised and valued

Cons

Workload can be onerous at times but support is available, if staff reach out

phs Group2019-08-26

August 29, 2019People Team

Hey, its great to see that you've been working at phs for over 1 years. I hope you were able to celebrate with your work mates. We do try to support all our colleagues to develop its part of our ongoing plans to support the people of phs. I will note and escalate your cons to senior leadership team.

1. "Marketing and Admin Intern"

I worked at phs Group full-time

Pros

If you want to see hard work, loyalty and perseverance, look no further than the employees of PHS Group. I am from Caerphilly, South Wales, where the head office is based, and did work experience there when I was 16, again when I was 18 and then a further two more times as an administration and marketing intern at ages 19 and 20. They were flexible, supportive and encouraged me to explore a diverse range of... activities within the company. I was first introduced to PHS through my mum, who is their longest serving employee having worked there an incredible 43 years. She is emblematic of the loyal and hardworking culture at PHS, as well as the dedication to the progeny of the company. I’ve grown up knowing many of the head office employees, who are all lovely individuals and care genuinely about the company’s prosperity. I have been lucky to have such role models in my working life. After working at PHS that first summer, the experience and expertise I gained there made me a better administrator, organiser and increased my confidence when liaising with staff and clients alike. In addition, I have always been paid fairly for my work and that income assisted me in financing my expenses during university. In 2014 I left Wales to pursue my undergraduate degree at an Ivy League University in America, where I secured two campus jobs using my experience at PHS to bolster my application. Even now as I look for post-graduate employment, I am frequently asked in interviews about PHS and the skills I gained in data analysis, marketing and general administration.

Cons

None, I had a very positive experience.

Advice to Management

I am confident that PHS continues to invest in young people like myself and provide us with the invaluable experience that jumpstarts our careers.

phs Group2018-06-16

June 18, 2018Mark - phs team

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear that you had such a great experience in phs which sounds like has helped in your working life. It's so good to hear this. Hopefully your review will go someway in helping others with their decision making to join us. We will make sure we pass on your feedback to management. We wish you all the best in your future and hope you'll keep sharing your positive phs experience. Thanks again.

"Over worked being pushed too hard"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

None as they just push and push for more productivity and less respect for the employee

Cons

360 routing system is rubbish, new CEO is pushing service drivers too hard to cover too much productivity we are all exhausted and heading towards burnout.

Advice to Management

Please "Calmed down on the Productivity levels" we are all struggling as a service driver, your figures may look good for now but drivers are leaving or falling over with exhaustion. Its like being in the Army and this is not the army?? The 360 routing software is rubbish and doesn't plan as well as a human as it has no common sense. If i ignore the 360 routing app and do it manually i can cover the routes without... killing myself as it sends us drivers zig zagging everywhere and then on the last few jobs it sends us right back where we started and loses time.

phs Group2019-03-24

March 27, 2019People Team

Hi, thank you for leaving us a review. We are disappointed to read your comments and that you felt you couldn't think of any pros of working at phs. We have forwarded your comments through to the senior management team. Thanks again for your comments

Discover more reviews about phs Group.