rue21 - I love my job! | Glassdoor

"I love my job!"

Current Employee - Full Time Assistant Manager in Springfield, IL
Current Employee - Full Time Assistant Manager in Springfield, IL

I have been working at rue21 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-I love my team, and our district manager/regional manager/loss prevention manager are all available anytime you need them and respond to questions as soon as they can.
-There's always chances for advancement in this company (once you've hit full time)

Cons

-I wish that the mangers bonused off of sales goals met like many other companies do
-I wish that fragrances were commission based, or that we recieved $1-2 per fragrance sold, I think it would motivate the associates a little bit more if they got something out of selling them

Other Employee Reviews for rue21

"FULL TIME MAD ASSISTANT MANAGER"

Current Employee - Fulltime Assistant Manager in Hazleton, PA
    Current Employee - Fulltime Assistant Manager in Hazleton, PA

I have been working at rue21 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, Full time hrs, awesome team environment, we train & retain our employees, great discounts, Even better try on parties & try on pictures that make our company news letter =), Trendy and affordable fashion... I could go on & on. My company is a great place to be.I'm currently in the company's MAD training program to become a general manager. Before I even became enrolled in this program, I started traveling for them. I go out to stores that are in the worst situations... clean and build them back up. I also train the remaining staff & management that is left. All expenses are paid by rue 21. Its the most amazing experience to walk into a store that has fallen into the dumps & turn it into what you know it could be & watch its sales & fragrance rise.. as well as the staff. I've built friendships and bonds all over. I can without a doubt say I love my job.

Cons

I know a lot of rue employees would probably say the fragrance but no matter what company you go to, you will always have some quota to meet. Be lucky that rue 21 doesn't make it that fragrance is commission bases than we'd all be screwed. My con would have to be the task loads. They tack on way too many things on us through out the day. I know we are supposed to use our time wisely but its still difficult with the tasks and customers and shipment coming in daily.

Advice to Management

I know there is a lot of stuff in progress for task management reduction, but there needs to be a better plan in effect to help the management out with this sort of stuff. We diffidently need headsets for the stores... with the loud music and the sizes of some stores, we sometimes cant tear away from registers or zones... we need better ways of contacting each other other than yelling for eachother ( i know we arent supposed to ). I think it'll be key in our shrink too. Please hurry up with the new systems and scanners, those would help with the tasks loads a great deal!

"store manager...4 years"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at rue21 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

my crew was awesome and a few of my DM's were awesome. my store made money after I inherited it from someone else. I really loved working there and the group I hired and trained.

Cons

Problem in this district is no good DM after the first one left. Then you get a regional with no personality and very rude. She always wanted to make herself look good instead of giving credit where it was due. No respect for some managers in the distrct. A lot of favoritism in this district. When you needed help or hours you didn't get them unless you were on the regionals good side. T

Advice to Management

If you want to work a lot and I mean a lot of hours with no help....work at Rue 21. Nobody will help you with anything, meaning other managers, Management doesn't get paid enough for the amount of hours and hard work they put in. Really bad management program.