rue21 - Great Company but it's still one big emotional rollercoaster | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for rue21

"Great Company but it's still one big emotional rollercoaster"

Current Employee - Full Time Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Full Time Assistant Manager

I have been working at rue21 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rue21 the company is a great company! They have a great marketing strategy in place, they have a great support team, and there really is a lot of room to grow.

Rue21 the culture is amazing! The products offered to the customers are very well priced, and the customer really is the number one priority.

This is by far one of the best retailers I have worked for so far.

Cons

Rue21 the company has too many internal issues. People get through loop holes all the time and get away with them because it's not about what you know, it's who you know.

Rue21 the culture can be unrealistic at times. With the shipment, visuals, paperwork, folding, markdowns, go-backs, and customers, it can be hard to get things done. If the entire crew is not on the same page, there is no chance in hell to get everything done.

Advice to Management

Solution: I've not had much experience with dealing with the company issues so I don;t have advice for that. However, I really think Rue21 should consider making the full-time manager positions salaried. This can cut down on the over time and maximize more productivity. Other than that, I believe Rue is headed in the right direction. They will be around for a long time.

Other Employee Reviews for rue21

1. "Assistant manager"

I have been working at rue21 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun to work at. Great discount.

Cons

Low pay, never enough hours for people to work, 101 things to do on top of customers servicing people.upper management doesn't care when there is s problem in the store.

2. "It was horrible."

Former Employee - FT Assistant Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - FT Assistant Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at rue21 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good employee discount, decent pay, good benefits, generous with overtime hours

Cons

Too many tasks at once, not given enough hours to finish said tasks, poor visual merchandising, doesn't follow their own code of conduct, blames high shrink only on employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Don't blame high shrink on employees only.