thePlatform - long term employee | Glassdoor

"long term employee"

I worked at thePlatform (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and interesting product.

Cons

Started out as a great place to work but culture has changed.

Other Employee Reviews for thePlatform

"Don't believe anything they tell you."

I worked at thePlatform full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Seattle office is super cool, modern and hip with nice perks like free sodas and snacks. The actual technology is quite interesting and online video is a cool space to be in. The company makes an effort to boost sagging employee morale with events and functions.

Cons

ThePlatform is not a company with the culture of a startup backed by the power of Comcast, as they would have you believe. Rather, it has the same corporate culture one would expect from a subsidiary of Comcast. It's quite tragic how little employees are valued in the "churn and burn" mentality they operate with. Opinions, suggestions and ideas are not valued. Management controls with old school, iron fist, fear-based strategies. If you dare to voice a complaint today you'll be gone tomorrow. Sadly, this results in a company full of very innovative, talented people that for the most part are woefully underpaid and almost unanimously oppressed. All the good reviews on Glassdoor.com? Trouble attracting and retaining talent leads management and HR to push employees to write these positive reviews.

Advice to Management

Value your people. Listen to their ideas and support them. People truly want to succeed, they just need to be given the opportunities and the tools to do so.

thePlatform Response

Aug 20, 2013 – Recruiter

I am very sad to hear this review. I will say that I know that you are in the minority when it comes to your perspective on thePlatform. Yes we encourage our people to post reviews on Glassdoor ... More

"Not the best place I have worked, but not the worst."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at thePlatform full-time

Pros

The best thing about The Platform are the employees, the location, and the decor of the office. Monthly corporate lunches or events are great and the benefits we receive from Comcast are great.

Cons

There is very little room for growth; one must reside with the company for 2+ years in order to see a significant raise and/ promotion; however many employees must leave in order to find the promotion they seek.

Sadly, most of the management do not utilize teaching and training tools to groom their employees for success.

It should say something that many employees do not last longer than a year or two with the company.

Advice to Management

Stay honest with your employees. If they come to you seeking advice, direction, or asking if their job/ position is safe; please do not lie to them. Providing positive feedback works better than constant criticism. If it weren't for the comradery I had built with my colleagues, I would not have lasted as long as I did.