thyssenkrupp - Good and supporting company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for thyssenkrupp

"Good and supporting company"

Current Employee - Quality Controller in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)
Current Employee - Quality Controller in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at thyssenkrupp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Will get a good experience and career.

Cons

I dont have anything to write

Other Employee Reviews for thyssenkrupp

1. "Fantastic organization to work for"

Former Employee - Engineer in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Engineer in Mumbai (India)

I worked at thyssenkrupp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- excellent work / life balance
    - very helpful and cooperative team members

Cons

- poor mid management, do not know how to lead and make subordinates happy

"Look elsewhere there are much better organizations that care for their employees."

Former Employee - Engineering
    Former Employee - Engineering

I worked at thyssenkrupp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Health Insurance, Dental, retirement account.

Cons

Trust is a major issue at this company and was one of the reasons I could no longer work here. The CEO doesn't trust his managers and the managers don't trust their employees and the employees do not trust human resources. It is a very sad yet awkward company to work for. Employee reviews are never on time (in affect that means the minor raise you were hoping for takes 3x as long to get, if you get it). CEO is oblivious to the shift of employee morale (it has never been so bad). Socially awkward environment (unhappy employees yield little or no social environment).

Advice to Management

I sure hope upper management is reading these reviews because change is essential in keeping your top talent otherwise your top people will go to your competitors.

The whole culture at ThyssenKrupp System Engineering, Inc. needs to be looked at and revamped. Things such as trust, honesty, a healthy social environment,and HR are all suffering. I don't know about anyone else in the company but walking down the halls in engineering or downstairs through the accounting area was a sad experience. Employees pass right by each other without a "Good Morning" or "Hey how's it going", it is socially awkward that human beings cannot even look at each other and say a simple "Hi!". On many occasions I've passed by the CEO in the hallway and said "Hello" or "Good Morning" only to be ignored (not a smirk on the guy's face). How do you think employees feel with such a simple yet ignored concept coming from the highest up?

Finally, I don't know what upper management is trying to do with recent changes implemented. The turnover rate is climbing and the best most experienced employees are leaving. Whose taking their places? The direction of the company seems to be going no where and the rules have completely baffled the employees. There are jobs out there and don't expect employees to stick around if there are no incentives in the company, I don't know the last time any manager said Thank You. Employees will not tolerate this type of environment, we are not children we are adults who are experienced, smart, and been in the industry long enough.

Bottom line, if you (upper management, ceo) don't change expect more of us to leave.