uShip - Still in love | Glassdoor
  1. "Still in love"

I have been working at uShip full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Results oriented Great people Smart people Motivated people Caring people Flexibility, good work life balance (I have kids so this is wonderful) 12 weeks 100% paid maternity leave Open PTO Community focused company events Dogs

Cons

Some people's dogs, LOL Location (I'm a northy, but the flexibility really helps to alleviate)

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum! Great job enforcing core values, allowing some attrition, and managing out negative grumps or those resistant to change. Love the swift action being taken to squash behavior that does not align with our values. Glad to see a Core Values team and how seamlessly and effortlessly many came together to support our DEI causes. Love the direction we're going in terms of getting real with our... technology and making smarter choices for the business and less about emotion. Love the new service offerings in e-commerce and the opportunities those open up for employees. Love the fresh changes in leadership and the commitment to support. I've been here a while and have seen many ups and downs, I love this place with all of my heart and am so happy to see a pretty steep upswing of momentum and success coming. Things are feeling good :)

uShip2019-05-01

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Awesome workplace"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at uShip full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hard working people, fun work environment, very willing to work with their employees to reach their goals.

Cons

Pay could be a little bit more competitive

uShip2019-08-05
  2. "Poor leadership, high turnover"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at uShip full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

"Open" vacation policy limited to 3 weeks Free meals are great, but they feel the need to warn everyone on a Slack channel when the health inspector arrives.

Cons

There has been a high turnover of employees, including the CEO. This appears to have led them give promotions to those who are not fit to be in leading positions in the engineering department. I have witnessed instances of the engineers being blamed for poor leadership. They also have lower coding standards compared to other places, even from the "senior" engineers. This is not a place to learn from the best.

uShip2019-09-21

Discover more reviews about uShip.