vcfo - An outstanding company in which to work and develop a career as a professional financial, HR, or recruiting consultant. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for vcfo

"An outstanding company in which to work and develop a career as a professional financial, HR, or recruiting consultant."

Pros

The breadth of opportunities to assist businesses across different industries is great. I have worked with established semiconductor, biotech, software, and medical device manufacturing businesses to name just a few of the engagements where I have provided support. Having the opportunity to work with a diverse set of customers has provided exposure to the particular financial, process, and transaction related needs of each customer. I don't think I would have come across such a variety of businesses/business modesl outside of my experience with vcfo. I've also enjoyed having a peer network within the company to be able to bounce ideas and solutions off of other team members who almost always have seen similar situations before.

Cons

Work schedules can be cyclical - some weeks will be heavier, others lighter in terms of hours. Definitley requires close attention to scheduling activities and coordination with other team members assisting the company's clients.

Advice to Management

The company should continue to develop and provide its training and deploy systems/systems improvements to benefit the company's employees. The company has made investments in these areas in recent years which are invaluable resources to the delivery of services to the company's customers.

Other Employee Reviews for vcfo

1. "Great people, Great company"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at vcfo as an intern

Pros

I interned with this company throughout my junior year of college, and I was able to learn a handful of things that I can take away to future endeavors. The work environment is very warm and welcoming and there is always work that you can get yourself involved in with a good amount of autonomy. Loved my time here!

Cons

Not ideal for those interested interested in working in a larger, corporate environment

2. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at vcfo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company values are upheld across the company and they believe in volunteering opportunities and giving back to the community which is a huge plus for me. The company mission is to make companies stronger and they uphold all levels of the company to do just that.

Cons

I have not experienced any downside other than some outdated technologies that need some upgrading. This is a simple fix and would not consider it a true con.

Advice to Management

Take steps necessary in 2017 to make upgrades to internal databases and collaboration tools to be proactive of latest releases and changes to technology.