zulily - Studio Styling Assistant | Glassdoor

"Studio Styling Assistant"

Former Employee - Styling Assistant in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Styling Assistant in Seattle, WA

I worked at zulily full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment, great people, very fast paced, never bored. No two days were ever the same. Great for an hourly job.
Company is growing really fast and is always trying new things.

Cons

Growing pains. Some work had to be redone when directions or schedules weren't clear, but company is working on improving systems and processes

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the systems

Other Employee Reviews for zulily

"Exciting, Fast Paced, Challenging"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Seattle, WA

I have been working at zulily full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unprecedented growth means so many opportunities to create new things. It means each employee plays a crucial role in their team and gets to see their work have a big impact. Every day I work on a new challenge or project and I get stretched to see just what I'm capable of. The team dynamic is great - seasoned employees build amazing teams and work alongside many young employees who get a crash course in e-commerce and business. The energy is level is palpable, and I'm surprised on a weekly basis by something incredible the company has done/built. Senior leadership is especially strong and act as incredible resources not only to their direct groups but to the organization at large. Open door policies are a real thing here.

Cons

Working here means embracing change (seriously!). That means it's not for everyone. If you're used to tons of guidelines or formal processes you may not feel at home. Constant growth also means that your role or scope may change regularly, so you can never rest on your laurels - there's always some new challenge to tackle on the horizon. You'll work far more than the ordinary 40 hours a week in almost every job - but it's because you'll be creating something extraordinary. Pay for some roles is lower than market - but what we lack in $ we make up for in a really cool environment and potential growth opportunities.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Continue to listen to your employees and actively find ways to make zulily not only an amazing retail company but also an amazing place to work. Your people are your most important asset - take care of them.

"Love Darrell Cavens and the fast pace, but did not find the product or peers to be interesting"

Pros

High growth potential and agile work environment

Cons

Non-stop change in direction that contributes to existing chaos

Advice to Management

Invest in training and hire employees with leadership capability; spend the money on better benefits and a 401(k) match; Amazon is coming for you!