zulily - Over Worked, Underpaid...Really Underpaid :( | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for zulily

"Over Worked, Underpaid...Really Underpaid :("

Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in Seattle, WA

I worked at zulily full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work with smart, fun and talented people (for the most part). I love the culture and creativity the company brings. I've made some great friendships here.

Cons

Poor, poor management structure. Hardly no positive reinforcement from management. Management promotes based on favoritism, not by experience and work performance. Extremely underpaid and constantly having to work from home...on average working 60 hours a week (including weekends). I've been with the company for two years and asked for a raise twice...to this day have not received anything. I had really high hopes coming into this company and thought I would be successful and promoted easily based on my job performance. Cattiness and politics from management made it difficult to be successful and to enjoy my job.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they deserve and start promoting employees based on job performance!

Other Employee Reviews for zulily

"fun place t work (sometimes)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at zulily full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the employees are awesome!! They really care about what they are doing.

Cons

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Too much favoritism from upper management. Sad part is the favoritism does not arise from any work performed.

Advice to Management

Stop with the favoritism!! Need to pick the best person for the job, based on job performance not oh I like that person. Entirely too much work place politics!!!

"OK"

Pros

Great people, good atmosphere, growing really fast so it is an exciting place. Lots of younger people as we are hiring and growing very rapidly.

Cons

It can be busy at times because we still have a start-up mentality even though we are getting to be pretty large now.

Advice to Management

More flexibility