zulily - Pretty Much The Worst | Glassdoor

"Pretty Much The Worst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at zulily full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the people here are young, cool, smart, innovative and all around great to be with. I can see many of them doing awesome things in the future and really going places.

Cons

Here are things that zulily is good at: overworking employees, underpaying employees, failing to provide incentives, refusing to give raises to a living wage, hiring incompetent middle management, rampant sexism, refusing to help with transit costs, high turnover rate, rapidly causing extreme burnout, exploiting recent grads, bureaucratic nonsense, no room for career growth or opportunities, and the list goes on... My coworkers and I refer to the worthlessness and self-hatred caused by prolonged employment here as 'zulily syndrome.'

Advice to Management

Start treating your employees like you actually give a crap if they stick around.

Other Employee Reviews for zulily

"OK"

Pros

Great people, good atmosphere, growing really fast so it is an exciting place. Lots of younger people as we are hiring and growing very rapidly.

Cons

It can be busy at times because we still have a start-up mentality even though we are getting to be pretty large now.

Advice to Management

More flexibility

"Over Worked, Underpaid...Really Underpaid :("

Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in Seattle, WA

I worked at zulily full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work with smart, fun and talented people (for the most part). I love the culture and creativity the company brings. I've made some great friendships here.

Cons

Poor, poor management structure. Hardly no positive reinforcement from management. Management promotes based on favoritism, not by experience and work performance. Extremely underpaid and constantly having to work from home...on average working 60 hours a week (including weekends). I've been with the company for two years and asked for a raise twice...to this day have not received anything. I had really high hopes coming into this company and thought I would be successful and promoted easily based on my job performance. Cattiness and politics from management made it difficult to be successful and to enjoy my job.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they deserve and start promoting employees based on job performance!