Employees Only Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2019

2.6
  1. "Great place to work"

Marketing Consultant

I have been working at Employees Only for less than a year

Pros

Management is fair and up front about what they expect of you. Fellow employees have been nothing but kind to me as long as I've been a part of the EO team. Really enjoy the location and the office is comfortable.

Cons

Would be great to have a couple of company bonding events.

Employees Only2017-01-03
  2. "Hard to trust management"

Former Employee - Payroll and Benefits Analyst

I worked at Employees Only full-time for more than a year

Pros

While the company is very small there are a few employees that know their stuff and they are very knowledgeable on HR related issues. You will learn a lot even though you have to rely on yourself and your fellow employee to teach you.

Cons

The management is the con. Made up of unskilled people who try to manage but they are incapable because it is not something they care about or have experience with. An HR company that needs serious HR advice by pros. I would recommend them to have HR consultants come in and do some cleaning up. Also, promises are made, but always broken. Sometimes they will even lie to make you look bad. Please do your homework... before working here. Or, better yet, run for the hills.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. (your commandments or whatever they are called that are posted all over the office).

Employees Only2017-05-23
  3. "They have no idea what they are doing!"

Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Employees Only full-time

Pros

I could not name any, I have only had negative experiences

Cons

I am a teacher. This company refuses to pay me my summer pay which I earned all year. I was not given an option to be paid in 10 months. This is illegal and they are stealing my money. Do not work for this company. They steal from you.

Advice to Management

Learn the law.

Employees Only2017-05-18

"An HR company that treats their employees like crap."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MI

I worked at Employees Only full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are no pros to working there. Absolutely none. Zero zip zilch. It was the worst place I've ever worked.

Cons

Horrible owner and president. They don't care about their employees. They make all employees work weekends through the holidays and don't even reward their hard work with a holiday celebration of any kind. The morale was awful. The turnover rate is incredible.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone who values their employees.

Employees Only2016-12-19
  5. "Sales"

I worked at Employees Only

Pros

Software, training, and expense account.

Cons

Minimal flexibility, high employee turnover, and room to grow.

Employees Only2016-02-23
  6. "Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MI

I have been working at Employees Only full-time

Pros

Great location and office is comfortable.

Cons

Horrible management that doesn't support mutual respect and teamwork. Their focus is very scattered, unproductive and work isn't done efficiently. Training is non existent and procedures and processes aren't defined.

Advice to Management

A good employee isn't defined by how many hours they put in. Those employees usually aren't working effectively throughout their day. Treat non-management employees with respect. Offer flexible work hours to retain good employees. Communicate company goals to all employees not just management. Support more of a teamwork environment by involving all employees in decision making and problem solving.

Employees Only2016-03-02

"broken promises"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MI

I worked at Employees Only full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with the many clients can be very rewarding and interesting. Learned a ton (by sink or swim) while there and made a lot of great connections.

Cons

Senior level management is hard to work with. Work hour expectations for client relations/HR were overwhelming and there were never enough employees to cover the workload. Pay was very low and promises of commission never occurred, despite great sales and new business brought in.

Advice to Management

Stop promising commission that doesn't exist.

Employees Only2016-01-18

"An HR company that needs HR advice."

I have been working at Employees Only full-time

Pros

Biggest pro is the employer paid health insurance, and we have pretty good coverage too thanks to our new Benefits team leader. If you're single or the only person on the policy, you pay nothing for medical and the price for dental and vision is very fair. The office location is nice, in heart of suburban Rochester and only a few blocks away from downtown. Most of the people in the office are friendly. There's some... kind of free food at least once a week. Senior management tries to keep morale high by having meetings catered or throwing some sort of networking event/party.

Cons

The Senior Management staff are sales people and accountants, they excel at what they do in those positions, but not at management and it reflects in the attitudes of the employees. While people are generally friendly, the morale in the office regarding the current and future state of the company is pretty low. It's reflected in the recent high turnover. In just the last year, 10 people have left and been replaced,... a number of which were management. In an office that has less than 20 people, that's HUGE. The pay, at least for my position is below national average and the likelihood of raises is slim to none.We have mandatory Saturdays starting in Nov going through January. For hourly employees, it means overtime, but for the salaried employees, it just means wasting more of our life at work and reducing your calculated hourly pay.

Advice to Management

PAY THE EMPLOYEES MORE MONEY!!!!! The insurance is a great incentive, but we don't work here because we love HR, we're here to get paid. There are very few employees here with any sort of intrinsic motivation do be here and do their jobs well. Most are here because we need a paycheck and feel generally comfortable here. You want happy, motivated, productive employees, make the time we spend here worth it. If that... means taking personal pay cuts, so be it. In the long run, the more productive WE are, the more profitable the company is, and the more money that goes back into your pockets.

Employees Only2015-11-12
  9. "Worst experience of my life"

I worked at Employees Only full-time

Pros

A few of the staff was extremely nice. Were willing to work with you regarding your hours, however they were set in stone once you negotiated them.

Cons

Constant turnover, ridiculous hours, management was a joke, they could care less about their employees.

Employees Only2015-07-15
  10. "Employee Benefits"

Former Employee - Manager in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Employees Only full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location close to Oakland U.

Cons

Difficult Management, treats managers and employees poorly

Advice to Management

Do not blame employees for client problems

Employees Only2014-02-11