Empyrean Solar Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Senior energy consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Energy Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Energy Consultant in Irvine, CA

I worked at Empyrean Solar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people and great experience

Cons

The training wasn't as lucrative as I had hoped for.

"Great Entry Level Position"

I have been working at Empyrean Solar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved my experience from day 1. People we work with are extremely friendly and everybody is very helpful. They have a good curriculum and it's a hybrid between real experience and school as everyday there is a list of items everybody has to learn in the training. Very useful, practical information which is transferrable to any other experience.

Cons

This is not a directly management position, it's a management training program. Personally I like starting from bottom and moving up; so I like it. But if somebody expects to have their own room as a manager and/or don't want to start from entry level, it's not the right business.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Jun 10, 2016 – Owner

Thank you for your review! We're proud that all of our managers have gone through our management training and started from the ground up. We wouldn't ask any of our team to do something we haven't ... More

"Keys to success"

I have been working at Empyrean Solar full-time

Pros

It's really great environment for young people that wants to get valuable experience. Huge resources for professional and self development. Company offers amaizing roles for growth and cares for every individual on their own needs and terms to get them to the next level in their career. Also we get to help people to make better decisions with their energy bills while helping them going green.

Cons

It's not your typical 9-5 cubical job.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging the entrepreneurial spirit.

Jun 9, 2016 – Owner

Thank you so much for your review! We will definitely keep encouraging the entrepreneurial spirit!

"Energy Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Empyrean Solar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people and environment. Everybody is supportive and everybody helps each other. Also learning a lot about business and personal development. People are constantly developed in different areas. Great opportunity for career oriented people!

Cons

Sometimes things might get confusing since different people have different styles on explaining things.

Mar 24, 2016 – Owner

Thank you for your review! If you have specific suggestions for stream lining communication please let our team know at HR@empyreanco.com.

"st Review"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Empyrean Solar part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company as a whole is very helpful and cooperative with complex schedules. Sky is the limit considering the room for growth within this company and the staff is informative and professional. I am pleased with my employment at Empyrean, and I look forward to simultaneously growing my own skill set along with the business overall.

Cons

Need to promote company accomplishments and build presence in surrounding Inland Empire communities.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and stay passionate.

Jan 20, 2016 – Owner

We appreciate the review! Please let us know directly how we can promote more of our accomplishments to the team!

"Empyrean Solar Sales Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Pros

high energy environment, very easy to be hired

Cons

door-to-door sales 6 days a week 12 hours a day. not worth the money earned

"Energy Consultant, Great Job & Training"

Former Employee - Senior Energy Consultant in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Energy Consultant in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Empyrean Solar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've written a review for Empyrean already which was positive, but I just want to come back after 6 months or so and add to it. Empyrean is really a great place to learn life skills and set yourself up for a lot of great opportunities with Empyrean or elsewhere. I started on the Sunrun campaign and worked on the Star Energy Partners campaign as well. This exposed me to a huge array of solar finance options which I'm continuing to use on a daily basis, at my current employer and as I build my own solar marketing company, which is a stable, proven, lucrative career path. The management is no-nonsense and holds you to a high standard.

Cons

I would have stayed but had other priorities like schoolwork and some side projects. Hope that I left on good terms and can stay in touch with the management team because they are very cool and will be very successful.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I'm honored to have worked with you and grateful for the opportunities you've afforded me. Thank you!

Nov 4, 2015 – Owner

Thank you for the review. We're glad to hear that you learned a ton about the solar industry while working with us. If your school schedule changes please et us know.

"Challenging and fulfilling."

Current Employee - Senior Energy Consultant in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Pros

This company will highly develop yourself as a person. It increases your work ethic, communication skills, leadership, time management, and accountability. Competitive work environment but everyone is so supportive of each other. You're encouraged and able to go to any body for the help and advice that you need. Also a very fun work environment!! There's team night and sports night every week. Young and modern work environment, great for millennials. There's no other company where you're able to and pushed to become promoted so quickly. Unlimited personal and professional growth.

Cons

If you are looking for average work and something that's easy going, you should look for something else. This is a position for people that want to push themselves to the fullest.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fun work environment and the high level of recognition and accountability.

Nov 4, 2015 – Owner

Thank you for the review. Please let us know offline how we can improve recognition and accountability around the office.

"Great work Environment, endless opportunities!"

I have been working at Empyrean Solar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment, awesome people to work with. From day one have always been welcomed and recognized. Great opportunity and learning experiences.

Cons

Not a lot of time for personal activites. This job is great but it does entitle a lot of my time, which i dont mind. Work hard now, play later is my mentality.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and presenting opportunity to all candidates.

Nov 4, 2015 – Owner

Thank you for your review. Please reach out to our management team to discuss your ideas for a better work life balance. We are always looking to improve!

"8 months in the business & growing!"

I have been working at Empyrean Solar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy the fact that everyone in the business is super supportive. Since this business model is designed as a people helping people business, its in everyone's best interest to be encouraging! I also like the fact that my opportunity lies in my hands. Instead of having to wait till a position is open to get promoted I can surpass my leaders and continue growing in the business. Lastly I like the fact that my opportunity can lead to corporate, administration, even ownership levels in the company. Something a lot of companies don't provide.

Cons

Only thing I find a concern is that if people want to see networking opportunities they have to search for them. Their are so many owners and consultants across the nation we can talk to but is not regularly available.

Advice to Management

I hope that management allows their new starts to get those networking opportunities, becuase they could really give a new start a better opportunity to start stronger, and learn faster having those connections with members in our and other campaigns.

Sep 29, 2015 – Owner

We're glad to hear that you are growing at Empyrean! We would like to discuss offline your ideas for more networking opportunities. Please connect with the HR team. Thank you for your review!