Emtec Reviews

3.9
Emtec Chairman, President, and CEO Dinesh R. Desai
Dinesh R. Desai
Pros
Cons
  • "No Cons as everything seemed good in my perspective(in 8 reviews)

• "No Onsite and not much processes(in 4 reviews)

"Awesome company to work for"

5.0

I worked at Emtec full-time

Pros

Management is the best I've ever worked for. Great work environment and co-workers. They actually care about their employees.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Emtec2018-05-03

May 9, 2018Professional Services Sr. Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to send in a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed working with our awesome team and the positive work environment!

2. "Talent Comes From Acquiring Other Companies"

2.0

I worked at Emtec full-time for less than a year

Pros

Tries to act like a big company

Cons

Really is a small company

Emtec2019-03-12

July 22, 2019Professional Services Sr. Recruiter

We are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your time at Emtec. Unfortunately, your comments are too vague to be able to address what specifically did not work for you. We feel the size of our company has advantages - big enough to offer a variety of services/solutions to our clients and a great compensation and benefits package to employees but small enough to be nimble / competitive when addressing clients needs and to provide our employees with varied experience / responsibility on projects. Should you wish to provide specific feedback on how it could have been better for you, we encourage you to reach out to HR-US@emtecinc.com

3. "Reality"

1.0

I worked at Emtec full-time

Pros

interesting acquisitions over past few years

Cons

Low pay, multiple reorgs, let go of top leaders who came from acquisitions. Lack of company direction. No vision or budget for innovation. Poor benefit plan with massive employee out of pocket cost. Push to offshore everything and everyone.

Emtec2018-12-02

December 6, 2018Professional Services Sr. Recruiter

Thank you for providing feedback. We agree with you that our acquisitions have yielded positive results. They have provided us the additional expertise to broaden our capabilities to meet our clients' needs and allowed our associates opportunities to broaden their skills on new projects. The leaders involved in the acquisitions had varied reasons to sell their companies and may not have shared their long-term goals with their teams. However, some chose to stay on beyond the transition period while others moved on to build new successful businesses or to other entrepreneurial endeavors. Many continue to be strategic advisors to Emtec. At times change may be difficult but our associates are encouraged to embrace change as part of our corporate environment for growth as well as to drive innovation and business value for our clients. We understand, however, that changing environments are not suited to everyone and we are sorry it was not the best fit for you. We have always had a mix of onshore/offshore capability, as do most of our competitors, in order to be competitive in the marketplace. The mix varies by business unit and project. We are disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with your pay, benefits and felt there was a lack of innovation. Based on the research we’ve done on similarly sized companies, our packages are comprehensive and competitive. We provide options so associates can choose a plan that suits their needs/budget. With regards to innovation, some of our business units have been recognized in the industry for innovation and internally we have always encouraged our associates to come forward with their ideas. We encourage you to reach out to our HR team to share any additional feedback that was not addressed in your exit interview at HR-US@emtecinc.com.

4. "Emtec Company"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Emtec full-time for more than a year

Pros

Have the ability to work independently.

Cons

Back end support lacking for the company.

Emtec2018-06-11

June 25, 2018Professional Services Sr. Recruiter

We are happy to see that you valued our entrepreneurial environment. We hope you were able to bring concerns to your manager about the additional support you required, if not, please reach out to us at HR-US@emtecinc.com with further details. We value your input and continuously work towards making Emtec the best place to work!

5. "Lost in Acquisition"

I worked at Emtec full-time

Pros

At least attempts to be progressive

Cons

Buying companies to build capabilities

Emtec2018-05-10

May 14, 2018Professional Services Sr. Recruiter

We appreciate you taking time to leave your review. We did go through several acquisitions a few years ago which were a part of our overall growth strategy. These additions better positioned Emtec for success and provides Associates opportunities for growth. Your comments were very brief. If you are willing, we encourage you to reach out to HR-US@emtecinc.com to help us better understand your perspective.

6. "Bad experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

I worked at Emtec full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location is the only advantage that I could think off.

Cons

Groupisum, Accredited more on your proximity with the manager than your performance. Lack of coordination between the offshore and onshore team.

Emtec2018-05-08

May 14, 2018Professional Services Sr. Recruiter

Thank you for reaching out to provide your feedback. We are disappointed to hear about your experience. We pride ourselves on having a corpo-preneurial culture that provides tremendous support for growth, innovation, and empowerment to make decisions at an individual level. We acknowledge that some onshore and offshore coordination varied by project in the past. We have recently made internal shifts in our organizational structure over the last 6 months to more tightly align these teams for improved communication and teamwork. We strive for open and candid dialog between associates and our management teams. To provide some additional insight into your experience and suggestions for improvement, please reach out to us at HR-US@emtecinc.com

7. "Inside Sales Director"

5.0
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at Emtec full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible work schedule/Balance. Remote access when needed to complete your job. Open PTO. Great Management team

Cons

the only con I could list is the time zones between teams

Emtec2017-10-16

October 23, 2017Professional Services Sr. Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us!

"Unsure about the future"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Emtec full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work remote. Good HR Team

Cons

Constant changes in upper management. Layoffs

Emtec2017-08-01

"They treat you for what you are worth"

I worked at Emtec

Pros

It will pay the bill but don't expect anything else

Cons

Wasn't happy with the non growth opportunity

Emtec2017-07-04
  10. "Transpercency"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Emtec full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They do not drug test

Cons

Only hiring if you from clay county and human resource allows it

Emtec2017-05-20