En Pointe Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
En Pointe Technologies President Michael Rapp
Michael Rapp

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work."

Former Employee - Senior Web Designer in Gardena, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Web Designer in Gardena, CA

I worked at En Pointe Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent team, Great Team Leader, Employee Friendly Environment

Cons

Night shift sucks :) I wish there was an opportunity for a day job there.

Advice to Management

You guys are great!

2. "Sales Engineer"

I worked at En Pointe Technologies full-time

Pros

It was located in California

Cons

Did not understand east coast

3. "Human Resources Specialist"

Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Gardena, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Gardena, CA

I worked at En Pointe Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

This is a very good company to work for.

Cons

there are not much of bad things about working at this company

4. "Currently Employed"

Current Employee - Microsoft Architect in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Microsoft Architect in Portland, OR

I have been working at En Pointe Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am a currently employee of En Pointe. They offer great salary plus incentive programs. The work environment is very hands off. If you are a performer and work hard and like to work in an environment that is not micro managed you will love it here. There are many opportunities for training, continued learning and technical excellence. The teams are very collaborative and helpful. At the end of the day the most important thing is that we provide the best service to the customer. On the other hand it is also important to the management that a work life balance is achieved. They feel family is very crucial part of your success and want to make sure you get your time off. All in All great place to work.

Cons

Have to keep on top of the industry technically
    Have to like working in a team environment
    Have to enjoy working with customers
    If you call these cons

Advice to Management

Continue to provide the morale boosting and driving force. This is why En Pointe is a great place to work.

"Foot in the door"

I worked at En Pointe Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Some employees are wonderful to work with
    -Ability to make great connections with major tech company partners
    -Opportunities for learning
    -National Sales Meeting was a blast
    -Experience working for a large enterprise-focused VAR

Cons

-Boss that wants you to stay in your box. Bringing new ideas, going above and beyond, or trying to do things differently was frowned upon. Was literally told "Just do your job."
    -Rampant favoritism and nepotism
    -Reliance on overseas support team to "support"
    -Transitioning into different divisions was discouraged

Advice to Management

Overseas outsourcing strategy needs overhaul. Employees should be encouraged to think creatively and exceed expectations. Push culture towards meritocracy in marketing/partner division.

6. "Corporate Recruiter"

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at En Pointe Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

En Pointe is a great place to work full of opportunity and the best people. We stay ahead of our competitors and offer ongoing training for our employees to stay current. We are empowered by our Executive team and provided with a tremendous work environment that we can call home. I really could not imagine myself somewhere else.

Cons

There is a clear distinction between the employees of PCM and the employees of En Pointe. Since the acquisition, there have been some efforts to unite the two.

Advice to Management

Continue to get PCM and En Pointe to want to work together and understand each other.

7. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at En Pointe Technologies full-time

Pros

Having recently come onboard to En Pointe, I would recommend this company to anyone wanting a career in technology sales. The training for Account Executives are unlimited and the resources they have beat every competitor out there. For every AE there is roughly 3 engineers, which is amazing! For any opportunity I come across we have dedicated resources in those areas. I am happy to work for an organization that is led by strong and passionate leaders that invest their time in their employees. Executives are willingly traveling to come to customer meetings and will pick up the phone to assist AE's in sales cycles.

Cons

Not really a downside but the organization has become extremely large due to the recent acquisitions last year. There is still a noticeable split among all the different companies and their sales forces. With time I'm sure these will smooth out and we will become one.

Advice to Management

Stay invested in your people. Be available to reps for assistance and we will ensure you extreme profit and growth moving forward.

8. "Account Executive"

I have been working at En Pointe Technologies full-time

Pros

En Pointe offers very competitive pay and one of the most aggressive commission plans in the industry that is based purely on gross margin, not tied to any revenue quotas. They seem to really care about ensuring that their sales people are successful, all the way from the top down. And with the recent acquisition by PCM, the new combined company is really poised to take marketshare from their competitors. The services, resources, and talent that En Pointe/PCM have is truly unmatched. If you are looking to join a company that is in hyper-growth mode all while investing in their people this is the company you want to be a part of.

Cons

Some of the internal tools are still being refined to ensure that we have collaboration amongst the various teams that support the ongoing business. Combining two large sales organizations is never an easy task, there is some overlap that will need to be addresses relatively soon as it relates to account ownership.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people as this is the true heartbeat of the company and will deliver the biggest return on your investment.

9. "Fun, Competitive Environment to Work In"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Ive had nothing but great experiences since starting with En Pointe. The training and events are top notch. We have a 2:1 Engineer to Field Sales Rep ratio, so you always have support available. Good Compensation and Ive been most impressed with the way upper level management & C-suite make themselves available to the entire team.

Cons

I haven't experienced any problems.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

10. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at En Pointe Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a recent new hire for En Pointe Technologies I am here to tell you this place is absolutely incredible. I have been received with open arms and begun to make life long friends and connections. The training out in California we had a month ago was world class, with various C-level executives speaking to us in every session. (This is a 3000+ employee company, where else do the Execs speak to a class of 20 people and give personal stories and advice?)

Cons

Nothing from my end yet, maybe the only Con is we have to live and work in New England, and not California/ Manhattan Beach!

Advice to Management

Keep hiring amazing people and recognize us/ reward us sales folk for our hard work!