Enaxis Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Dhiren Shethia and Jonas Georgsson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Manager"

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, with opportunity for growth, and upward mobility. The work environment and people are excellent, and you are truly given the opportunity to advance, since there is high visibility with is being a smaller firm. Enaxis has company wide, annual social events that embraces a tight-knit culture, where people can form long lasting work relationships through volunteer activities, happy hours, picnics, potlucks, and other social gatherings. We partner with some of the top clients in the industry, and our dedication to our consultancy efforts, shows through our strong client relationships. The leader's highly value, and invest in their people, which is seen in that we've had multiple nominations for Houston Chronicle's Top Places to Work. The culture is upbeat, and full of bright, talented people. Because the firm is primarily local to Houston, the travel is minimal. If you are looking for a career move where you can settle into a smaller firm, with little travel, and talented professionals, then you will likely thrive in this type of work environment.

Cons

Pay is not as high as some of the other firms, but the strong work-life balance makes up for it.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in and reward those who work hard, and are loyal employees of the firm. Keep up the positive, collaborative culture that is Enaxis.

"Watch out"

Former Employee - Change Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Change Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Enaxis Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great co-workers and expertise for collabortion

Cons

staff aug work mostly; deceptive managers and owners; profits at all costs; crazy SOWs that can't be fulfilled and then blame put on eomployee; opportunity to advance salary and career is slow process that employees do not understand; management plays favorites who only gert the good roles and stratgic work

Advice to Management

focus on your greatest asset - your people; stop the Dallas expansion in this market; treat employees as you would want to be treated

3. "Great firm..great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-The culture of the firm is fantastic. I can honestly say I enjoy being around my coworkers inside and outside of the office. -Firm events, happy hours, picnics, etc. really give you the opportunity to get to know your coworkers. -Nice office environment, stocked refrigerator, snacks, coffee, etc. -Mostly local projects, don't have to travel Mon-Thurs like many firms.

Cons

-Pay is not the best in the industry, but the work/life balance makes up for that. -Promotion/Raises have been fair in my case, but I think a better understanding of the decision process would be helpful.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees and be transparent with major decisions.

4. "Great Company Culture"

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Enaxis Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pros: Enaxis is really invested in its people and it shows. Work/life balance is great. Promotions from within are commonplace for dedicated employees. Company social events range from frequent happy hours to family gatherings.

Cons

Pay was not at the top of the scale. Salaries and bonuses were okay but not great.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

5. "Good company"

Pros

Good management team with nice perks for employees

Cons

not one i can think of

"growth at all costs"

I worked at Enaxis Consulting full-time

Pros

The company was on a good growth trajectory. I did see some people being promoted, so there seemed to be some upward mobility. Company was trying to create a coherent growth strategy.

Cons

-Leadership wasn't suited well to mentorship. They communicate well at a macro level, but poorly when trying to get specific ideas across.
    -I can only speak from my personal experience, but the work I did was always either exceedingly boring, or lacking in coherent direction.

Advice to Management

Hire some better communicators at senior levels. Don't push too hard to grow too fast by taking on bad projects and/or overstretching resources. Consider that your high turnover rate may be a result of poor communication/misuse of resources, and seek to correct this.

"Poor Leadership"

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best benefit is probably the fact that most projects are local to the Houston area. Most consultants are not flying 4-5 days a week so that is a definitely perk.

Cons

Lack of guidance from leadership throughout. During interview process they sell this notion of open culture and open communication while this is the fact opposite of how they operate.

Disgruntled employees - While I have not been here for long I have noticed grumblings about lack of loyalty for people who have been here for quite a while. May be something from a disgruntled employee, but the amount going on for a firm this size is well above normal

Teams do not work together - This goes back to false facade of openness. Not there are fierce battles among employees but the natural tendency to collaborate is not there and it leads to competition versus working together.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes. Attempt to listen to your employees without trying to pull out some canned response. There is potential here but leadership has to change there ways.

"Great people, good wok-life balance"

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Work life balance - I have had excellent luck with my projects and have rarely had to work long hours on a regular time. There is the occasional late night when you're approaching a deadline, but I can fairly say I have good work-life balance here.

2. Good people - Everyone is friendly and helpful and genuine. I find it difficult to do the typical "networking" which is very important in consulting companies, but I find myself enjoying talking and getting to know my colleagues at Enaxis.

3. Minimum travel - There are projects that require the occasional travel to different client sites, but it is not like the Big 4, where you're travelling Monday through Thursday (or Friday) every week of the year.

4. Recognition - your hard work is recognized, and pays off at year-end. If you set expectations about your performance and promotion goals with your counselor (matrix manager, as it is called here), they work with you to help you grow and achieve that next level promotion. If you do good work, you will see the results.

5. Small company feel - The small number of employees gives you a more family-like feel, and you feel engaged and connected with senior leadership. There is more opportunity to talk to the Leadership Team and inquire about the firm's growth and direction, than there would have been at a Big 4. I enjoy the interaction with senior management, and feel more involved in the firm's success and future.

Cons

1. Pay - not as competitive as the Big 4, which is expected. The Big 4 makes you work so much more, so they have to offer higher pay to "encourage" people to stay.

2. Small company - when the market is low, being in a small company can be stressful because you don't know if your future and that of the company is still stable. Especially since Enaxis works primarily in the Oil & Gas sector. (They are trying to diversify now, so hopefully, there will not be much to stress about in future low market conditions).

3. Organized career path - if you are structured person, you will find it difficult to navigate some of the processes here. For example, appraisal review is not as well-defined as in bigger companies with a structured process in place. But Enaxis realizes this, and is starting to put processes in place for various areas like performance appraisal, recruiting, training, etc.

Advice to Management

Great job keeping us informed about the company's vision and growth plan in tough market conditions. Keep doing what you're doing, and put more structure around the areas that are struggling today (e.g., recruiting, performance reviews, etc.)

9. "Family atmosphere with high-performance colleagues"

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Incredible culture. Great clients. Opportunity to engage with senior stakeholders and executive staff, even for those more junior in the firm. Strategically focused leadership who understands that their people are the assets. Strong trusted partner to clients, enabling great client relationships that span multiple years and projects -- providing more stability than often found in consulting firms - particularly of this size. Incredible opportunity for strong performers who collaborate well, and make themselves indispensable to the firm and the client. Lots of opportunity to participate in firm activities -- marketing, events, community activities, etc.

Cons

This is not a firm where a low or even medium performer can hide on large teams or multiyear projects (which is really a pro). This is a place for strong performance to come out of the shadows of large firms, and get recognized for their skills and execution, while understanding the tradeoff from big firm dynamics (lost in crowd, lots of travel, low quality of life, perhaps higher compensation) versus specialized firm dynamics (less travel, high quality of life focus, get to know everyone well, easy to stand out).

"Manager"

Pros

Work/life balance and interesting group of people who have a positive outlook on life.

Cons

Senior management needs to improve communications to the rest of firm on key decisions