Enaxis Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Enaxis Consulting Reviews

Current Employees

"Staffing (not Consulting) Firm That Doesn't Have the Expertise They Claim"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired
    Location is outside of downtown with good parking and many nearby restaurants
    A few colleagues are very nice and helpful

Cons

Presents itself as way more than it is--most of what they have done and do is very basic I.T. staffing
    No real Oil & Gas experience--Owner insisted a pumpjack was really a derrick and couldn't believe he was wrong
    Training, development, benefits are marginal compared to the major consulting firms

Advice to Management

Honestly describe the work that they may do to applicants
    Tone down the owners' egos and start listening to the staff

"Do Your Homework and Talk to Former Employees for Honest Reviews"

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay for expensive office space to have social Fridays and as a base for social (drinking) events
    Definitely a place if you like to attend every drinking event they put on
    Great place to get staffed in project mgmt. in I.T. at Chevron

Cons

Owners do not apply their "core values" to themselves--they love employees to call them "brilliant" and support their ego--quick to threaten if you don't line up with their views
    They pressure employees to provide favorable reviews on the firm (many current employees, including myself, don't feel comfortable providing an honest view of the firm to candidates)
    Most of the profits go to the owners and their few favorites

Advice to Management

Provide an ability for staff to judge the owners according to the core values
    Allow dissent
    Broaden the client base and get clients to stick with the firm

"Wonderful consulting firm - excellent leadership"

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very collaborative environment of hard-working, ethical consultants.
    Hires smart people that will fit with the company values and atmosphere. Retains and rewards them if they follow through!
    Leadership really cares about well-being and happiness of all employees.
    Generous, fun, and familial atmosphere.
    Leadership is committed to training, professional growth and helping consultants get certified in several areas, which will help consultants be diversified and able to fit where needed, especially when clients tighten their belts an opportunities are scarce.
    Great opportunities for team bonding, happy hours, book club, charitable activities, fun runs, parties, etc.
    Nice offices, good technology.
    Leadership cares about continuous improvement, as evidenced by their annual employee survey and the corrective actions they take in response.
    Works hard to provide clear expectations, performance management. Impressed with supporting technology for back office functions (such as performance management, knowledge management, time/expense reporting, marketing, business development, etc.). Very impressive for a firm this size.
    Wonderful culture! I plan on being at Enaxis for the long haul.

Cons

Don't really have any cons.
    Some senior managers/leaders could be better at coaching, communicating and advocating for their matrix.
    Would like to see a spring/summer picnic.

Advice to Management

The principals do a great job of trying to stay connected with consultants. However, sometimes it feels forced and they "don't have the time" to spare.
    The mantra of wanting employees to be happy, especially in their assignments, could be reinforced by providing more opportunity to discuss how things are going, making it "safe" for employees to share dis-contentedness, seeking to understand to understand what actions the employee wants, and then acting on it.
    Would be nice for consultants to have more input on their project assignments.

Enaxis Consulting Response

Dec 8, 2014 – Talent Director

Thank you! Your feedback feedback was helpful.

"Positive and Balanced Work Life at Enaxis"

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enaxis encourages doing meaningful work, leveraging your talents as well as supporting your career growth; overall a very positive experience!

Cons

For me downside is minimal, I am satisfied with my career experience there. So from a job perspective, better benefits and firm activities may be nice.

Advice to Management

I truly feel management seeks to do right by the employees. Keep doing what you are doing, look out for your employees and they will continue to take good care of the clients!

"An exciting, fast-paced, and growing company"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Our rapid and consistent growth provides variety of work, as well as opportunities for client and project leadership roles; We have smart, hard-working consultants with diverse backgrounds and experiences; Our smaller size provides greater visibility within the firm, and more exposure to our Fortune 100 clients; We work hard and play hard--numerous social and community events.

Cons

This is a busy firm---not much time to settle in--be ready to "hit the ground running" as you will quickly become involved in client and firm initiatives.

"Great firm with strategic projects and no travel"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Firm hires quality, experienced consultants.
    -The firm's founders came from big firms; their vision was to start a management consulting firm specializing in oil and gas. As a Houston-based firm located in the world's oil & gas HQ, this means the majority of our work is local so we do not travel.
    -Large portfolio of oil and gas clients including the supermajors
    -Relaxed, polite and professional atmosphere.
    -Annual anonymous employee survey that leadership takes very seriously. They make changes for the better as a result of the feedback.
    -Strong focus on career development.
    -Monthly happy hours
    -Profit sharing plan
    -Every quarter we pick a deserving organization in which employees can participate by volunteering their time, services, or monetary contributions
    -Generous reimbursement programs for graduate level education and professional certifications

Cons

-Enaxis is moving at a fast, but healthy pace. Like any firm going through a growth period, there are inherent challenges with things such as infrastructure and systems. While Enaxis actually is pretty ahead of the game in this area (esp. for a small firm), leadership does recognize opportunities to improve and is making the necessary investments.
    -Everyone is required to get certified in an area that may not be relevant to their role.

Advice to Management

-Continue with monthly happy hours, weekly firm updates, and annual surveys.
    -Consider revamping certification requirements so they are relevant to each person’s service area.

"Fun, friendly, and fast paced work environment"

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Incredibly talented co-workers, tenured with advanced degrees
    - The company is growing very rapidly with promotions from within
    - The office is in Greenway Plaza (30th Floor) with a great view of Houston
    - Clients typically include Fortune 500 and 100 companies, rewarding work
    - Great incentives with profit sharing, stocked kitchen, sponsored events

I started with Enaxis Consulting a little over a year ago and since then have been on several projects for one of our oil & gas clients. The biggest change is having a locally based client and not having to travel every week. The work has been challenging and rewarding, there is always a senior manager or partner to provide guidance.

The company is very supportive of in terms of reimbursing for certifications and core competency trainings. What really stands out for me is the collaborative company culture and support of one another. While the company is growing very fast, since I've been here the founding partners, Dhiren and Jonas, have always emphasized growing the right way and hiring the right people and not just growing for the sake of growing which really shows. Everyone is incredibly talented and SME's at what they do.

Cons

The speed of growth has been challenging but the company is making the proper adjustments by revamping communication tools and adding additional resources in the administrative and marketing departments.

Enaxis Consulting Response

Dec 8, 2014 – Talent Director

Thank you!

"Hard work leads to opportunity"

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time

Pros

The majority of the company practices the principles of working like you own it but not working for the glory and supporting each other as a team. The standards by which you are measured are clearly laid out. Achieving them takes hard work but the reward system for the work also exists.

Cons

The company is growing fast which always causes some pain during the transition.

Advice to Management

Keep the rewards and expectations transparent and fair. Good people will continue to gravitate to you and gladly contribute their expertise and effort.

"Decent - If you accept the fact you are making the OWNERS rich, expectations are met"

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Good client base - good for making contacts
    * No/limited travel (rare for consulting)
    * Do your job, keep your head down, and you will be left alone

Cons

* Low pay for industry / owners getting rich
    * Bonus plans are weak / benefits the owners
    * Like most places, very political

Advice to Management

* Re-evaluate industry standard pay
    * Just be honest and admit what you are (pimps that pimp out consultants) instead of a pretend "family" where wealth is distributed evenly

"Small Firm - good people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

I like the people at this company, they are honest, smart and fun. The company is growing, so as expected there are growing pains, but if you do your job well they appreciate you and you know it. I think the management team is very fair, if you have a concern or an idea, they listen and act on it if they can. The management team is making lots of changes, including adding a ton of training that anyone can attend. They also have happy hours once a month, a holiday party, and other family friendly events. Not sure why the folks above don't think there is enough communication, at the monthly all hands meeting there is almost TOO much communication, as the meetings go over an hour sometimes! They tell you all about the revenue, goals, new clients, etc.

Cons

Smaller company so they don't have the perks of larger Management Consulting firms. They also ask for an average of 45 hours a week, but I know for a fact that big consulting firms expect MUCH more than that.