Enaxis Consulting Senior Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Enaxis Consulting Senior Manager Reviews

Senior Manager

2.5
Dhiren Shethia and Jonas Georgsson

"An exciting, fast-paced, and growing company"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enaxis Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Our rapid and consistent growth provides variety of work, as well as opportunities for client and project leadership roles; We have smart, hard-working consultants with diverse backgrounds and experiences; Our smaller size provides greater visibility within the firm, and more exposure to our Fortune 100 clients; We work hard and play hard--numerous social and community events.

Cons

This is a busy firm---not much time to settle in--be ready to "hit the ground running" as you will quickly become involved in client and firm initiatives.

"Still the same ego-driven place"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Enaxis Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Low travel for most
    Can work in I.T. without deep technical skills
    Largest client (half their business) is a great credential

Cons

Benefits were very minimal though I hear they now have a 401K match.
    Profit sharing payments at the end of one year can be deducted from your bonus the next year; only a small number of "favorites" are paid decently, and if they don't like you, watch your bonus disappear
    Social events were used to judge how into the firm you were
    Watch out for the "culture": I was looking over the reviews and spoke to some former colleagues that are still there and it sounds like it's still the same old place. From the 4/16/11 review to the 2/15/13 review to the new 4/16/14 review, there has been no evolution of a self-centered group of owners that run the firm according to their egos and are not concerned about insulting and belittling those below them.

Advice to Management

Realize the disconnect between your actions and your words and stop using the firm as a vehicle for your egos

Enaxis Consulting Response

Dec 8, 2014 – Talent Director

We realize that there will be some unhappy folks who are no longer with us, but we hope readers will take the time to learn more about us and decide for themselves.

"Extremely disappointed that representations upfront were wildly inaccurate--Be Careful"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Enaxis Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only a few employees have to travel for business
    Work week for most junior employees averages only 50 hours per week
    Office facility in Houston is spacious and well located for many

Cons

Mostly I.T. staff augmentation work at a very small number of clients, not "management consulting"
    Compensation low and bonuses are seldom what is promised (many "discretionary" factors that are used against you)
    High turnover so constant change of colleagues
    Currently focused on oil & gas clients but no industry-specific expertise or training; mostly work in generic I.T. infrastructure areas
    Employees are all levels are subject to angry emotional tirades if they don't agree with a decision
    [the more negative reviews below are still accurate; positive current reviews are directed by the firm]

Advice to Management

Present an honest, balance view to perspective employees and clients

Enaxis Consulting Response

Apr 25, 2014 – Talent Director

We would like to take the time to address this review since we find it to be overtly counter to what we deem as true. The work we do is true Management Consulting around IT, you can read white ... More