84% would recommend to a friend
(21 total reviews)
74% approve of CEO
Found 21 of over 22 reviews
Updated Aug 31, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Encamp not only provides competitive salaries and great benefits but they also provide a feeling of overwhelming acceptance." (in 5 reviews)
- "founder Luke Jacobs has established an incredible culture, and has put a promising roadmap in place for the environmental compliance SaaS services Encamp provides." (in 3 reviews)
- 5.0Aug 31, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
* Brilliant and kind coworkers * Dedicated to solving a real problem * Transparent fortnightly all hands meeting * Get together in person on a semi regular basis * Dedicated to being a fully remote company * Competitive comp
* It's a startup, so that has to be your thing * Affected by macroeconomic conditions, like everybody
- 1.0May 12, 2023EngineerCurrent Employee
Run by a wanna be tech billionaire who can't hack it and his two brothers (right there should be a red flag); unethical planning, giant random layoffs, extremely political in terms of promotions or who gets laid off. The product is basically a glorified internet spread sheet; excel can do all of the same things. Toxic engineering culture is a frat house environment.
Avoid at all costs unless you want to be smiled at and told you are doing a great job on Monday and laid off on Tuesday with no notice or explanation because they make no revenue and didn't plan their company correctly, leading to massive overhiring and poor money management. The CFO used 5 field "financial models" she creates in microsoft word with text boxs. This company will surely fold within the next year or two4
- 3.0Apr 19, 2023Senior Software EngineerFormer Employee
Great remote atmosphere, unlimited PTO that you are actually encouraged to use, friendly and smart co-workers.
Two major lay-offs in the last 6 months cut more than half of the company's employees. After the first major lay-off, employees didn't understand their new roles, and were doing a lot of work that wasn't part of their new roles.1
- 4.0Apr 8, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearIndianapolis, IN
They hire great people and trust them with the tools and access to do their job right
Job security. Like any VC backed company, your employment hinges on the whims of people who see you as merely an expense.2
- 5.0Jul 21, 2021Director of Customer SuccessCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
I've been with Encamp for almost two years and have learned more than I could have possibly ever imagined. Encamp is a place to come and think big, grow your career, learn a ton, work with incredible people, and have fun. As someone who has worked in the EHS space for a long time, I cannot begin to tell you how different the culture is at Encamp. We lead with empathy. We value people, work life balance, flexibility, and creative thinking. Our company mission is pure and motivates employees to bring their best every day. It's incredible to be part of a company that is truly changing the way environmental reporting and compliance works. During our day to day decisions, we truly do everything with the customer in mind and want to make a positive impact in their lives. We are not afraid to speak up when issues come up or it feels like things get off course. It's empowering! One final note, the benefits are incredible. Work from home stipend, wellness & continuing education stipends, and excellent health insurance options. Incredibly generous stuff.
Nothing outside of normal growing pains. Every now and then communication can get siloed, but we try to quickly learn from our mistakes and put our best faith effort to do better moving forward.Encamp Response3y
Love that you love working here and have seen this as a great step in your career- we hope that others feel the same way. We will make sure to keep those incredible benis coming and ensure development opportunities for our all of our employees.
- 5.0Jul 21, 2021Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
From the moment I started my interview process with Encamp I knew this company was something completely different than I had ever seen before. Encamp not only provides competitive salaries and great benefits but they also provide a feeling of overwhelming acceptance. I think the thing that really hooked me to this company is the BYOE (Bring Your Own Education) policy. When they say this they mean it, they value the fact that sometimes what a person brings to the table isn't necessarily a college diploma but years of knowledge learned by on-the-job experiences. If you are looking for a job that not only gives you a sense of pride in the work you are doing but also gives you a strong feeling of acceptance than Encamp is the place you need to be. I love working here and hope to be here for many years to come.
Sometimes it is hard working from home every day but Encamp understands this and they work to make sure we don't get burnt out. They have created fun events for us to attend virtually throughout the week and have also started doing quarterly meetings that allow us to meet our co-workers face-to-face.Encamp Response3y
We love that you feel such a high sense of belonging here at Encamp- everyone is welcome here, degree or no degree. Transferrable experience and passion are what really count. We'll continue to make sure we get the team together safely and as much as possible. Utah here we come!
- 5.0Jul 23, 2021Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
- Encamp has a clear mission and very large goals for improving the status quo for EHS. - Great company culture. It is very inclusive and very positive attitude inclined. - Fully remote company that leans into asynchronous communication via Slack. Most communication happens over public channels/threads and I really like that transparency. - Awesome coworkers. There's a lot of energetic and intelligent people to work alongside. - Interesting/current tech stack with engaging problems to solve.
- As a startup we're trying to rapidly scale which has expected growing pains around communication, process start/stops, funding, etc. - There's a cyclical nature to when reports are due which leads to high crunch times and overtime similar to accountants in tax season. Most of the year is great work-life balance but February is particularly rough. - We market to large enterprise companies (which is sensible) whom expect us to behave like a large enterprise company (e.g. have a lot of formal processes) instead of as a modern startup.Encamp Response3y
You bet- we hear that advice and are HERE FOR IT! We'll work on the kinks while making sure we keep aligned to that clear mission! Thanks for being apart of this journey with us.
- 5.0Jul 28, 2021Content WriterCurrent EmployeeIndianapolis, IN
As high-growth tech startups go, Encamp is on an encouraging and exciting path. CEO & Co-founder Luke Jacobs has established an incredible culture, and has put a promising roadmap in place for the environmental compliance SaaS services Encamp provides. In fact, the company has doubled its workforce just in the time I've been here (going on a year), and in nearly 30 years in the tech sector, I work with some of the best and brightest minds I've ever been around. Good company reputations tend to draw the best talent, and Encamp thus far has such a reputation. Remote work model, well-above-average benefits, unlimited PTO, 401(k) match and a sincere emphasis on work-life balance and trying new things are real pros. Let's just say Encamp gets it.
Hard to say. No doubt there's pressure for the company's sales and sales development teams, but that's always the case in a sales position, isn't it?! And salaries might lack compared to other opportunities. But being happy in where you work and the people you work with balances out any salary issues.Encamp Response3y
So well said- people and happiness are paramount in any employment situation! We will work to keep attracting that great talent that inspires us all to accomplish our ambitious goals ahead and we'll work on making sure that the compensation and recognition structure is consistent with our values and competitive in the market- we'll get there!
- 4.0Jun 3, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Flexible schedule, team environment, transparency from leadership
Senior/executive leadership could be more diverse but there is a desire to build a diverse inclusive workplace
- 5.0Jul 27, 2021Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
- Having worked for startups most of my career, Encamp is definitely one of the best! The space is ripe for disruption - our customers having to deal with different state & local requirements, forms, and deadlines. We want to be the TurboTax of environmental compliance. - Really amazing coworkers who readily and willingly shell out industry knowledge (I didn't come with an environmental compliance background) + nerding out ;) - 100% remote, which doesn't mean you have to be available from 7am to 7pm. We don't expect instant responses on Slack, and understand people are in different timezones. Yet things still move fast! :) Folks will also record short videos to explain ideas or questions that may take too long to write. - Transparency as discussions happen in public Slack channels; call recordings (customers, sales, etc.) are available for anyone to watch
Nothing specifically comes to mind (it's the usual growing pain for startups at this stage)Encamp Response3y
Wow, what a review! It means a lot coming from someone who has worked at start-ups most of their career! We are dedicated to making our remote-first culture scalable while making sure our employees can enjoy their lives because life it too short (and rested/relaxed employees equal productive and healthy employees)!
Encamp Reviews FAQs
Encamp has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 22 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at Encamp to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.
84% of Encamp employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Encamp 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.