KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated Jun 10, 2021

3.5
Encompass Health President and CEO Mark Tarr
Mark Tarr
Pros
  • "Good benefits and student loan reimbursement(in 56 reviews)

• "Wonderful team, great benefits, lots of time off that you can use for sick or vacation(you choose)(in 53 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Frequent flexing due to low census(in 44 reviews)

• "No support from upper management(in 41 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Featured Divisions of Encompass Health

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Encompass Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Loved working here

Oct 15, 2020 - Registered Nurse Assistant in Sunrise, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I learned a lot the pay was also good. Management always looked out

Cons

There is no con I would recommend to all my friends and family.

1 person found this review helpful

Recruitment Strategy Consultant

We are so glad to hear about your positive experience!

2. 5.0

Great

Jun 9, 2021 - Division Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive leadership/ competitive pay/ paid time off

Cons

Staffing. Branch doesn’t always support sales

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

High Employee Morale

May 4, 2021 - PRN Dietitian in Anderson, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

This employer fosters a high employee morale and promotes teamwork as well as a healthy working environment. Clinical and management personnel are organized and very approachable. There is a lot of interdisciplinary interaction and support. Response to the pandemic requirements has been highly efficient and effective. Structures were erected promptly and protocols were implemented immediately as the necessary demands required. When last minute provisions were needed, they were met without hesitation. Food service staff is exceptional. They are reliable and receptive to the needs of staff members as well as patients. The turnover rate appears to be low, although at times clinical/nursing departments have been critically understaffed. There are various bonus opportunities offered to all employees who take part. Ongoing training programs are placed and encouraged. The working environment is very uplifting, user-friendly and generally a wonderful atmosphere. The caliber of medical staff and professionalism is top notch. Overall this is a great working environment. I enthusiastically recommend this employer.

Cons

While there are bonus opportunities and a desirable benefits package for full and part time employees, the pay rate is not very competitive. The hourly compensation is on the lower end of the average pay scale. Also there have been long stretch periods of understaffing, which may likely be due to the pandemic. This facility is not a convenient (and possibly not feasible) drive if you reside in the higher populated upstate area.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee

Average for a huge corporation

Apr 11, 2021 - Physical Therapy in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

My co-workers are great! There is a strong referral program (bonuses for referring your friends for open positions) which helps build a better culture within your hospital. As long as your location is meeting the productivity expectations the management can run things how they see fit, which means a lot of flexibility and not all hospitals are exactly the same - this can also be a con depending on the choices your leadership makes. One on one hour long treats at my location.

Cons

Since the onset of COVID the appropriateness of patients has taken a significant dive. We are getting patients with much higher acuity and patients with a long history of being dependent and bed bound then being expected to meet high standards for GG gain when our patients don't have much capacity for progression. Just this week we were told that we were now expected to add an additional 30 minutes of patient treatment time to our shift with no compensation - we originally had 1 hour of documentation time built into our schedule which has now been cut in half. We are expected to come in 30 minutes early (unpaid time) to complete chart review for the patients on our schedule. Ever changing policy on how to handle employees who are exposed to COVID at work. Workers comp is used which does not provide you with even 66% of your pay because we "make too much money" and would exceed the cap for workers comp pay out. Insufficient PPE - holes in gowns, no shoe covers, back and head/neck all exposed and then you are expected to doff your PPE and go treat other non-covid but immunocompromised patients.

Recruitment Strategy Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Las Vegas, NV hospital. We appreciate your feedback and we encourage you to send additional details to feedback@encompasshealth.com.

5. 5.0

Caring Company

Jun 8, 2021 - Student Nurse Extern in Maricopa, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

PTO Friendly environment Free lunch on holidays Supportive team Incentive for staying within the company Room to grow and promote

Cons

Long work days Cafeteria doesn't sell / provide employee meals

6. Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice | Division of Encompass Health
      1.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

The company has changed

Jun 7, 2021 - Occupational Therapist
      Business Outlook

Pros

They offer a generous PDO accrual

Cons

Branch satisfaction strongly depends on local leadership. My area had a shift in leadership and it impacted employee satisfaction. Supervisors send passive aggressive emails, roll eyes in meetings when clinicians speak and often preach that “the grass isn’t greener on the other side”. Turnover rate has been extremely high. Roughly 55-60%. However, leadership makes excuses for the mass exodus and do not take any accountability for the downfall of the branch. Unethical behavior. Continuing with accepting referrals knowing there are no staff to see patients. Corporate needs to pay attention to branches with large turnover rates.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company for New Grads

Jun 7, 2021 - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in Tustin, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly Coworkers and Staff Good Benefits

Cons

Old Building with loud call light system

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Too many chiefs

May 31, 2021 - Community Team LVN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility,computer system makes it efficient to complete paperwork

Cons

Hired as community nurse,was only in communities 30% of time,saw patients in both home setting and communities Favoritism shown to certain employees,always recognition given to same people over and over when other employees were praised by patients as well but never recognized for good work Management members are “besties” and very apparent biases are demonstrated

Director, Talent Operations Strategy

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and we encourage you to send us additional details to feedback@encompasshealth.com so we can learn more.

9. 3.0

Good place to work

May 3, 2021 - Occupational Therapist in Sarasota, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great PTO benefits which goes up the longer you work there. Our DTO is very easy to work with, understanding and nice. It truly can feel like a work family there. Mostly 1:1 treatment

Cons

EH really has that big business feel. Most of the therapist, nurses and case managers really care about the pts but when working with upper management you really get the feeling it's all about the money. You work most holidays, including a random draw for Christmas / Thanksgiving if someone doesnt volunteer. However you can never work those major holidays 2 yrs in a row. You do get time and a half for holidays you work A lot of PTO is a plus but it can be very difficult scheduling your time off due to coverage. If you dont schedule your vacations 4-6 months in advance you can pretty much forget about it or be really stressed hoping you'll be approved the week before if they just so happen to find coverage. Makes spontaneity a challenge and difficult planning vacations with other family and friends.

10. Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice | Division of Encompass Health
      1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Most unprofessional place you'll find for healthcare in the area

Mar 2, 2021 - Administrative in Littleton, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Small facility, clean, well kept

Cons

I can say that every bad review on here makes total sense to me after working for this company and then some. The management at this hospital will not treat you the same once you begin questioning them on anything. If you are going to work for this company document EVERYTHING. It's taken me a year to get things lined up to show how atrocious some of the practices are here, to include doctors and clerical staff bashing patients and their families behind closed doors, favoritism, retaliatory behavior when management is questioned and discriminatory treatment of different employees based on what they have going on in their personal lives despite those circumstances being disclosed at hire and accepted as a contingency of hire. The worst part is that you'd think you could go to HR for support but HR is just as illegitimate. When I showed other professionals the emails and the demands that this company unjustly forced into my life and schedule they were appalled and noticed a lot of shady practices that are common pattern. There is a reason there is high turnover rate at this place. I work at a different hospital now that was not surprised by how I was treated or the questionable practices. Imagine that... They'll reply to this like any other, with an automated message thanking for feedback etc which is exactly how they treat employees, just a service ticket. If you make them productive great, if not you're out the door .

Recruitment Strategy Consultant

Thank you for providing a review about our Littleton, CO hospital. We appreciate this feedback and we highly encourage you to send us additional details to feedback@encompasshealth.com so we can explore this situation further.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,590 Reviews