Encompass Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Encompass Technologies Reviews

Updated Jan 30, 2019

3.6
Encompass Technologies CEO Kent O’Neil & Jonathan O’Neil (no image)
Kent O’Neil & Jonathan O’Neil
  1. "Solid Experience"

I worked at Encompass Technologies full-time

Pros

For the time I was there I really enjoyed the culture and atmosphere of the company. I was given plenty of autonomy and trust from basically the first day. The benefits were a plus.

Cons

I can't really think of anything too negative about working here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Encompass Technologies2018-06-08

"Lots of stuff to do not a lot of work getting done"

Current Employee - Analyst in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Encompass Technologies part-time for more than a year

Pros

There is Always something to do

Cons

No work really gets done

Advice to Management

fix stuff that is broken.

Encompass Technologies2019-01-30

"Great Starter position"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Encompass Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong amount of autonomy. They really look for and reward people who are go getters. If you're looking for a challenging, face-paced work environment that asks a lot of you this company is for you. You can build a lot of experience quickly. There's also a strong drinking culture here.

Cons

Upper management was often not on a common track with each other. Software releases were at such a pace that proper planning, vetting, and testing were done during release. This means that phone support was heavily burdened during releases. Developers must split time between phone support and developing on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Stand behind your managers decisions and don't let executive team override the good ideas for fickle fancies.

Encompass Technologies2018-12-14
  4. "Good Benefit Package for Young People"

I have been working at Encompass Technologies full-time

Pros

The HSA is a terrific perk and is a useful solution for a company of young individuals. Full time employees also get a membership to the Old Town Athletic Club, 2.5 hours of Paid Time Fitness Time each week and a fridge and pantry full of beer, soft drinks and snacks.

Cons

The Medical Insurance plan is a high deductible plan

Encompass Technologies2018-03-06

"Flexible company, average pay"

I have been working at Encompass Technologies full-time

Pros

Awesome culture, everyone from management to new hires are given a lot of control over the software, everyone's input is valued.

Cons

Pay is low, opaque, and career trajectory is unclear

Encompass Technologies2018-01-02
  6. "Great Place"

Current Employee - Analyst in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Encompass Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunity to succeed.

Cons

There is a lot of work to do everyday.

Advice to Management

Hire more people like me!

Encompass Technologies2017-11-09

"Progressive and fun office ruined by poor organization"

I worked at Encompass Technologies

Pros

Encompass has an incredibly progressive work environment, with an open floorplan and casual dress code. There are free snacks, energy drinks, and beer. The benefits package is one of the best I've ever seen; it includes free Uber rides, paid exercise time, and lots of PTO. Base salaries are below average, but that's okay because bonuses are plentiful and easy to obtain. The company requires at least four on-site... customer installation trips a year, but many choose to go on even more than that because the bonuses from installs are substantial. This is great for employees who love to travel. A lot of the people who work there are friendly and fun to be around. It's a relatively fun place after-hours.

Cons

Encompass has disorganized and ineffective management with poor decision-making skills. The company went on a massive hiring spree, then promptly laid off 10% of their workforce without warning. The only training program at Encompass is a series of 30-minute training sessions given by random middle-tier employees, most of which end up being cancelled because the presenters have no idea they're on the schedule.... Some managers are aggressive and would rather make a sarcastic jab than actually answer your questions, even though they claim to value asking questions as a learning tool. The release cycle is a nightmare in itself; there's a new release every two months regardless of how ready it is, and since no one really seems to be driving the software's development in any identifiable direction, new releases are just a mish-mash of random user-requested features. A dedicated QA team is non-existent, so there are a lot of bugs on every release that end up being called in by users, which turns into hours of worktime wasted on testing and fixing bugs. The low quality of the software releases recently has caused multiple customers to reassess their relationship with Encompass.

Encompass Technologies2017-10-13

"Great Place to Work"

I worked at Encompass Technologies

Pros

Friendly environment, free snacks, lots of great people

Cons

Atmosphere is sometimes a little hectic.

Encompass Technologies2017-09-12

"Analyst"

I have been working at Encompass Technologies full-time

Pros

You can drink at work

Cons

They have poor executive management

Encompass Technologies2017-09-05

"Horrible place"

I have been working at Encompass Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the people that work there are great people, free redbull and a nice office. Some people who don't already have a life of their own can fit in really well here,

Cons

They call it a "high pressure" job when you apply. That's not because the work is difficult, its because at any point they may decide unilaterally to can you for no reason at all. They use a lot of words like "team" and "family" but if you don't go to all the off hours events on your own time they say use it as an excuse to send your job to China, and fire you with zero notice. Play the role of a good boy that... rolls over and does tricks for management and you'll still eventually lose your job and you won't even have your dignity left. Definitely looking to leave this place as soon as I can!

Advice to Management

Put an actual training program together for new people. Quit saying words like "family" because you devalue it's true meaning for the sake of trying to make yourselves seem like you care more than all of us know you do. Quit putting features above quality and security, it will come back to haunt you. There are reasons we keep having red cards on a regular basis

Encompass Technologies2017-08-14