Encore Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Encore Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working with Encore for nearly an year and a half and I have to say, this is by far the best company I have worked for. Work environment is great and people even better, almost like a closely-knit family. New ideas are encouraged and the company truly cares for its employees and shareholders. Company has an excellent track record of providing high returns to its investors.There's always a great buzz going on and the future looks really bright. I feel like I'm always learning new things which is a big boost. Apart from the great culture, company offers excellent employee benefits.

Cons

Not a place for non-performers.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and keep working towards generating wealth for the company and its investors.

2. "Very pleased with changes"

Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Encore Enterprises full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Encore ended 2016 on a positive note with wonderful employee functions and a great sense of team. As Encore continues to grow, it is making sure that the employees are enjoying the benefits that growth brings. Management is listening to all employees and taking into consideration all requests and suggestions. The new Pinnacle Tower upgrades are in full swing and looking great, looking forward to the new gym opening.

Cons

I am very excited for 2017 and all of the promises it holds for Encore and it's employees.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Mar 4, 2017 – chairman

chairman's response - thanks for acknowledging the employee benefits. we believe that we do have some of the best benefits for our employees. the benefit committee has done a great job. it is a very ... More

3. "Great Company not for Everyone"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Encore Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits were awesome
    Nice People
    Was able to learn a lot about business

Cons

Low Moral
    Everyone is not welcomed
    You have to have a certain look
    Not much diversity

Mar 4, 2017 – chairman

chairman's response - i am glad that the company could bring some major values to enhance your skill set. we are very proud of enhancing skill set of our employees. your comment about the moral does ... More

"Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Encore Enterprises (More than 10 years)

Pros

Low cost health insurance, family like culture, long term vision, Many wonderful benefits, experienced management team, very ethical.

Cons

High growth causing high expectations. Excitement tends to run throughout.

Advice to Management

Listen to the team as they tend to provide great advice.

Nov 6, 2016 – chairman

"Great Company"

I have been working at Encore Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. New ideas are encouraged and implemented.
    2. True and honest intent of the shareholders to share the company wealth with the employees which has been demonstrated several times in the past years.
    3. Offers a life changing work - that is surrounding with challenging tasks and giving resources and guidance to meet those tasks that makes it unique to employees' personal growth.
    4. Medical benefits, among others, are especially very attractive.
    5. Embrace technology, Positive culture and encourages team work.

Cons

Can't think of any really. The management team is strong and on the path to be a successful company to generate wealth for the employees and outside investors,

Nov 6, 2016 – chairman

thank you for the kind words. these kind of positive vibes will keep increasing the bar for us. - chairman

"Love It"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Encore Enterprises full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love the people I work with. Everyone comes to work with the intention of doing their best. People are helpful. The company is on a great trajectory of growth. The office building is currently being renovated so I am very excited to see the new improvements to dining and the addition of the fitness center. The Encore office is very clean and organized. They allow standing desks if you request them. CEO and chairman both have open door policies.

Cons

There can always be improvements to systems and process. Sometimes I feel information is not always disseminated as efficiently as it could be, but that is also a function of the company structure. Each silo (asset class) functions as its own team, so it can be very hard to keep up with what is going on as whole depending upon your role at the organization.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! If you see inefficiencies in people, systems, or process - either change, revamp, or let them go sooner rather than later!

Oct 4, 2016 – chairman

thank you for your comments. we will keep working and keep improving ourselves.- chairman

8. "Horrible company who show no appreciation"

I have been working at Encore Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can't think of any...

Cons

No 401k for first year, no PTO for first year, health insurance is ridiculously expensive, executives at corporate are unprofessional and could care less about their employees.

Advice to Management

Stay far away from this company - they're a nightmare! There is a lot of nepotism from the higher ups who fill upper-management positions with their family members before giving employees who've worked their for years a shot

Oct 4, 2016 – chairman

one would wonder that if you are this dissatisfied, why would you stay at this place for 3 years. please come see me and let me discuss your concerns with you or find you a new job so your misery can ... More

"Desktop Support"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Good company to work. Health is good.

Cons

There are few but not bad overall.

Oct 4, 2016 – chairman

thank you for taking the time to write. i wish you could be more specific. please come see me so we can discuss the Cons in detail so we can fix the issues? - Chairman

10. "Questionable Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Encore Enterprises (Less than a year)

Pros

The company as a whole is an amazing place to grow and work long-term. The top executive staff is extremely helpful, kind, and all around great management. Encore is a very diverse company; hiring all races, sexes, and treating everyone equally.

Cons

Even though the issues have been resolved by upper management, I am still getting side eyes and little sly comments from lower management. As well as little nid-picking trying to make my work environment harder. Even though I don't allow it to bother me it is a serious pain to work with.

Advice to Management

Move forward so we can all work together for the better of the company.

Jun 5, 2016 – chairman

I am glad that you see a lot of positive aspects of the company. I would recommend to let your supervisor know of your concerns. if they are not dealt with to your satisfaction. please let me know.

"Best Career Experience"

Former Employee - Revenue Manager, Director of Human Resources in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Revenue Manager, Director of Human Resources in Dallas, TX

I worked at Encore Enterprises full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Encore starting in 2007, and this is truly a company that is constantly working to improve itself and be at the peak of the industry, which is great for someone looking for a place to grow their career and knowledge base. The first year I was there, the company underwent a great deal of changes, including the large sale of a hotel portfolio, and the entire company was rewarded for its hard work with a company cruise for those who had been there long enough as well as large Christmas bonuses. In the years to follow, I moved into multiple positions as the company continued to grow and acquire new divisions and properties. There are no words to describe the amount of career knowledge I gained in hospitality as well as business by working there. No company is perfect, but I have to say that this company certainly makes a serious effort to do what they can to make a positive impact in the lives of its employees and the world around them.

Cons

Like I said before, no company is perfect, but I don't have any complaints. I worked there for nearly 5 years and would be working there today had I not moved to another state.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Oct 4, 2016 – chairman

so kind of you to give us the ultimate complements, if you ever decide to come back, the doors of this company will always be open for you. The more positive people we have, the happier and stronger ... More