Encore Nationwide Reviews | Glassdoor

Lawrence E. Hess

1. "Good for experience"

Former Employee - Lead Brand Ambassador in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Lead Brand Ambassador in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Encore Nationwide (More than a year)

Pros

They have a lot of companies to choose to work events for. Try to get on a program for a season verses taking gigs here and there.

Cons

Outdoor events can be a hit or a miss.

Advice to Management

Train employees on the materials before putting them in the field.

Aug 12, 2016 – CEO/Owner

Thank you for your review!

"AVOID Like the Plague"

I worked at Encore Nationwide full-time

Pros

Some of the people who work here are very nice.

Cons

This is a horrible company. This company NEVER gives raises even though they continuously string you along with the idea of getting one. After my 3 month probationary period instead of receiving a raise they gave me a $50 Amazon Gift Card. They had a stack of these just lying around. They said I was doing a great job, but they didn't have the money for a raise.

Your daily lunch is only 30 minutes. This means instead of working 40 hours a week you will work 42.5 hours a week without extra pay. Encore does not provide pay stubs and it's very hard to keep track of how much vacation/sick time you have. If you ask for specific numbers annoyance is the only response you'll receive.

If you'd like to get an idea of how the management talks to/treats their employees and BAs check out Larry Hess' responses to complaints on Rip Off Report. Management here has no class and respect for anyone.

I was laid off because, apparently, the company didn't have enough money to pay me anymore. Less than 2 weeks later I find out they're hiring for my position again.

Advice to Management

Pay your BAs on time. Your clients pay you on time, there is no good reason to hold a BA's money.

Also, hire your staff as temporary employees not permanent. At least this way your staff won't be caught off guard by being laid off suddenly for a made up reason. Apparently, every year you lay off people in January. Don't blindside people like this. Be honest! Let potential employees know that they will not receive a raise, EVER. With the amount of people looking for jobs in LA you will still be able to find someone.

Lastly, learn to respect people. With the way you're running this company you're going to have less and less people willing work with you. It's happening already.

"Do NOT Work Here!"

I worked at Encore Nationwide full-time

Pros

Free lunches on Fridays...literally the only benefit.

Cons

By far, the WORST company I have ever worked for in my entire life! I was hired for about 8 months in-house, staffing all brand ambassadors, emcees, and laborers for events across the country and Canada. I worked my butt off, for very little pay or incentive. I was literally treated like an intern even though I have degrees and years of work experience. I worked weekends and holidays for no extra pay. It is very obvious this business is going down very quickly as the moment I came back from the Christmas holiday, I was laid off out of nowhere. It is honestly a slap in the face to work so hard for a company that does not value you as an employee or a human being for that matter.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees far better. Hire new management. Create structure in your company. Lastly, if you are planning on laying staff off every January, don't you think it makes sense to hire them on a contract that expires so they aren't caught off guard and are able to find work before leaving? Have some decency, please!

"Stay away from this one."

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator

Pros

The office was a hip, fun environment. Pay was good. Schedule was somewhat flexible.

Cons

Upper level management is a terminal cancer to the company. They tell their coordinators to outright ignore Brand Ambassadors who inquire about payment and tell us to deactivate them from the database. They are bullies and liars. They are ruled by pettiness and emotion, completely unprofessional. I've seen stacks of paychecks sit on the counter for weeks. If you see this company, run as fast as possible in the opposite direction.

Advice to Management

Be fair, be professional, pay your staff on time.

"The opportunities available are diversed and interesting."

Pros

I love the flexibility of this company. One can work from any place and have the right or refusal for work without judgement.

Cons

Payment can be slow from time to time.

Thank you for your review.

"Respectable company to work for with room for growth and potential career advancement opportunities."

Former Employee - Tour Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Tour Manager in New York, NY

Pros

The team is very professional and effective.

Cons

The compensation could be a bit more competitive for some positions.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in great people for best results...

Thank you for your review.

8. "Company takes advantage of its internal and outsourced employees/contractors."

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Gardena, CA
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Gardena, CA

I worked at Encore Nationwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As an internal employee, it provided the opportunity to work directly with clients and gain experience coordinating projects. The company allowed you to see how the back end works and learn more about what clients look for and expect from their temp staff. Gained great experience troubleshooting issues regularly and learned how to work with different management styles.

Cons

Management is very invasive in your personal life. They run an inconsistent program and base all of their decisions on how they emotionally feel in the present instead of objective reports and client feedback. Management does not keep track of employee successes and bullies anyone that suggests more efficient, professional, and effective ways of doing business. They impose unreasonable expectations with little reward, pay, or recognition.

If you are an independent contractor, you will be hired to work events however they will not send payment when originally stated. In most scenarios, it takes over 3 months to receive payment. That is, if it doesnt get "lost" in the mail. Money management is not the company's strong suit.

Advice to Management

Put pride aside. Work objectively, not subjectively. Listen to your employees and take heed to what they say. Implement change. Put more emphasis on paying contracted staff in a timely manner. Stop trying to nickle and dime independent contractors. STOP BULLYING BRAND AMBASSADORS, PREVIOUS CLIENTS, and EMPLOYEES WHO SEEK TO HAVE A BETTER WORKING RELATIONSHIP WITH ENCORE NATIONWIDE!

9. "Great College Job"

I worked at Encore Nationwide part-time

Pros

easy work, good wage, flexible scheduling.

Cons

no compensation for travel expenses

Thank you for your review.

"good for extra cash, but BAs never know what to expect"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Houston, TX

I have been working at Encore Nationwide part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

fun, organized (for the most part), decent pay

Cons

check take forever to come in, offers are not consistent and often not even in my city.

11. "great company"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Washington, DC

I have been working at Encore Nationwide part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- fun events
    - meet people
    - pay

Cons

- longtime to pay to me

Advice to Management

none