Endeavor Air Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Ryan Gumm

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • you get flight benefits on delta (in 20 reviews)

• Flexible schedule after initial reserve period, good people, flight benefits (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Regional flight attendants are treated differently from mainline (in 16 reviews)

• Very low pay for those living and working out of NY (in 13 reviews)

1. "Love!"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in New York, NY

I have been working at Endeavor Air full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything this company has done for me has to been great

Cons

No buddy passes and those would be great!

Advice to Management

You all have the best personalities keep it up!

2. "A&P mechanic"

I have been working at Endeavor Air full-time

Pros

Great work experience and Good team work

Cons

Pay could be better but is expected for regional

3. "A good first airline at which to begin your career"

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Endeavor Air full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flight benefits on Delta Air Lines, flexible schedule, some good colleagues, fun, exciting, and ever-changing lifestyle

Cons

Not many places you can go forward from being a regional Flight Attendant, not a great salary until a few years into employment, hard to balance social life and work, very tiring work days

Advice to Management

Show empathy for your employees, listen to them, remember what it was like to be a new crewmember and be patient. Training for newly hired FAs out on the line needs to be better.

"Flight Attendant"

I have been working at Endeavor Air full-time

Pros

you get flight benefits on delta

Cons

pay isnt great and reserve life here sucks

Sep 15, 2017 – Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We're constantly striving to improve the overall experience here at Endeavor, so your feedback will help us as we look at ways to do that. Thanks... More

"Mechanic"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Endeavor Air (More than a year)

Pros

Great access to Delta Travel network

Cons

You can't get on an airplane because all the seats are sold.

Advice to Management

Pay industry leading wages

Sep 8, 2017 – Communications Manager

Thanks for everything you did for us during your time here. We're well on our way to making Endeavor a leader on all fronts - including compensation. Good luck to you in your new ventures!

6. "A great place to start."

I have been working at Endeavor Air full-time

Pros

Great place to start as an AMT. Lot's of opportunity to learn and add qualifications.

Cons

A lot of new employees which makes it harder to get opportunities to train with more experienced mechanics.

Aug 14, 2017 – Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We have seen an uptick in hiring for technical positions - growth is good. We hope that during your time with us, you're able to attain new... More

7. "Upper management has no clue"

I have been working at Endeavor Air full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the people are great to work with

Cons

Upper management (the ones who sit on the 4th and 7th floor) have no clue what their employees do, nor do they care.

Advice to Management

Directors and above for both Inflight and Flight Ops. Get out here at the airport more than 1 or 2 times a year and get to know your employees! Sad thing is, you won't because you're too important for the people who are out doing the everyday work.

Oh, and if you want to save money maybe you should look at the 4 or 5 managers you have for Inflight on 4th. Do you really need them all. You could save over $100,000 a year there.

Sep 8, 2017 – Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We understand your perspective, which is exactly why we've enacted several initiatives that get senior leaders out to each base throughout the... More

8. "Tech Ops"

Former Employee - Tech Ops in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Tech Ops in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Endeavor Air full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

a company for those seeking first time experience

Cons

they are an at-will employment company, so they can terminate you at any time for any reason.

Advice to Management

none

Aug 14, 2017 – Communications Manager

Thanks for sharing this. We're glad you have a positive outlook on the future here at Endeavor. We appreciate your contributions.

"Unrealistic, Unorganized, and Underpaid"

Former Employee - Reserve Flight Attendant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Reserve Flight Attendant in New York, NY

I worked at Endeavor Air full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Flight Benefits. Non-traditional Schedule. Paid training and great instructors. Nice Regional Managers. Improvement as a whole from 3 years ago.

Cons

If you do not have a support system to help you financially- i.e. parents, spouse, domestic partner- I'd STRONGLY RECONSIDER this opportunity.

Very high turnover rate. Know all of your rights and read your material. They do not disclose all that you truly need to know; make it your responsibility to do your research...

There's no flexibility in dropping days or swapping days as the reserve grid is always at or below the standard level, leaving reserves and lineholders no real flexibility to take days off...

Crew scheduling, as a whole, doesn't seem to know enough about the FA rules and regulations to guide new hires & steer them them from having Missed Trips....as a NY reserve, if you don't live in the base city it is extremely difficult and tiring to commute. Be prepared to be a puppet on a string ...And you will, honestly, will not be able to "make more $$" and pick up trips on your days off, especially as a commuter, b/c you will be too tired to do so.

Unless you own your own business, as a reserve you will not have any flexibility to work another job and make a decent living for yourself...by the time your take out your insurance, uniform, and taxes your check for the month is <$1k- based on a 75 hr schedule without any drops.

Advice to Management

Really listen to the concerns of your FAs, especially your reserves, which is where the turn over rate seems to be high...they sleep in the crew rooms @ JFK b/c of the pay and the tight hold of CS not allowing them to drop and swap days. Give reserves more days off or reduce the on-call hrs for commuting purposes and allow time for a part-time job and a better quality of life. Extend the 2 hr call out to 3hrs, since most people are commuters. And hire better crew scheduling employees who have a full understanding of rules and how undisclosed info can harm the status of FAs. They should be there to help rather than be so focused on #s....At the end of the day- we want to be there, we want to be FAs, and help represent Delta, but you all have to create a better environment for us to thrive and sustain a better quality of life....We understand that we are not Delta, but we have better customer service ratings. And oir pay should reflect that. The overall pay gaps are unacceptable as your max out rate is only half of Delta's. Make it so that we want to retire with you guys versus finding the next opportunity to jump ship work for another airline.

Jul 13, 2017 – Communications Manager

For starters, thank you for your feedback. Every employee must make decisions that impact their ability to perform their duties here at Endeavor. This is a challenging industry, with incredible... More

"The Real life of a Flight Attendant"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Endeavor Air full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Manager is good and cares about Flight Attendants

Cons

We all feel like a number with Crew Schedulinh

Advice to Management

pay increase would help moral

Jul 13, 2017 – Communications Manager

Thanks for sharing your insight. Per the contract, Flight Attendants received a pay increase this year, as did all work groups at Endeavor. We also offer some pretty awesome perks - like the highest... More