Endeavor Air Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ryan Gumm

Pros
  • Your flight benefits have flight priority in "Endeavor" flights only (in 18 reviews)

• Flexible schedule after initial reserve period, good people, flight benefits (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Regional flight attendants are treated differently from mainline (in 16 reviews)

• Low pay considering the responsibilities of the job and a cold location to work (in 13 reviews)

1. "Flight Attendant"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in New York, NY

I have been working at Endeavor Air full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Endeavor is the best Regional.

Cons

Regional flight attendants are treated differently from mainline flight attendants for the same job duties. Mainline flight attendants are paid at least 40% more in most cases. New flight attendants might have to live with mom and dad, in a crashpad with multiple people, depend on a spouse, or maintain a healthy savings account. Although conditions are improving, the Mainline still uses the excuse that the regional portion is on a different business model. Therefore, Mainline flight attendants are treated as "special" and rewarded through parent company's record profits, retirement, higher priorities, etc.--- not an Endeavor flight attendant. When a passenger hands an Endeavor flight attendant a job well-done award, on the back of paper it clearly states Endeavor flight attendants are not eligible for the recognition. Unfortunately, Endeavor has no control over this. If Endeavor flight attendants were paid the same and treated the same as Mainline flight attendants, it would truly be an amazing place to work. The flight attendants at Endeavor are just as good or better in some instances at their jobs than Mainline flight attendants. Maybe one day soon they will be eligible for the same recognition and compensation as well.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all you do. Please keep working to negotiate not just quality of life improvements but "equality" of life improvements for the Endeavor flight attendants. If the business model prevents wage equality, there a number of other improvements that would boost employee morale. A good start would be offering the same companion passes and the same years of service for travel priority. Mainline and Endeavor flight attendants are attending to the same passengers, exclusively.

2. "Excellent Benefits!!!"

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in New York, NY

I worked at Endeavor Air full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great!!! No buddy pass though.

Cons

Regional Arline owned by parent company delta airlines and you feel like a step-child.

3. "Flight Attendant"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in John F Kennedy Airport, NY
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in John F Kennedy Airport, NY

I have been working at Endeavor Air full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, Flying benefits, People you work with, great to work for overall.

Cons

Salary needs to increase, better priority for FA and their Family when traveling as non-rev.

Advice to Management

We are part of Delta so lets increase our salary and have the same priority when flying.

Feb 9, 2017 – Communications Manager

Thanks for taking the time to respond! We appreciate your feedback and commitment to excellence. As you know, Endeavor is making significant investments back into our workforce in 2017. Nearly every ... More

5. "Awesome Regional Airline by Delta"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Endeavor Air full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome managers
    Fly at highest priority on Delta compared to other regionals
    Flexible schedule

Cons

Pay scales need improvement
    Not considered part of the Delta family despite wholly owned

Feb 9, 2017 – Communications Manager

We love your enthusiasm! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback. We value your contributions towards our success and look forward to what we can do together in the future!

6. "GREAT COMPANY"

Current Employee - Maintenance Mechanic in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Maintenance Mechanic in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Endeavor Air full-time (More than a year)

Pros

GREAT COMPANY FOR UP AND COMING MECHANICS TO GET STARTED

Cons

you will receive good in class training but after that how and what you learn will be entirely based on your ability to use initiative .there are no programs in place for hands on.

Feb 9, 2017 – Communications Manager

Thanks for being a part of our team. Our Tech Ops team has implemented a mentorship program to help new mechanics integrate into the team, but it sounds like we can do a better job across the board ... More

7. "Great Regional Airlines"

I have been working at Endeavor Air full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Regional Airline - progressively on the move to better their flight attendant's status within the regional airline industry.

Cons

Being on reserve is challenging in most airlines however they are constantly hiring and your time on reserve with be short.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees to ensure satisfaction and continued sustained growth.

Feb 9, 2017 – Communications Manager

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are listening and look forward to sustaining our growth together!

8. "Don't lure yourself!"

I have been working at Endeavor Air full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They make you feel valuable! Nice community! Your flight benefits have flight priority in "Endeavor" flights only. You gonna be able to live in New York spend all your bonuses in living expenses or decide to live in poverty to save some bucks or try to commute in Delta flights as a S3B1.

Cons

You will be back on the list in Delta flights staying ahead of retired Delta employees only.
    Ground school is fast pace. They are proud of saying "drinking water on a fire hose" I don't see that much advantage on that.
    Sim training, Unless you have a great sim partner to work with, they will let you down even if you ask for help. And if you do ask for help they will turn that against you one day. You gonna have a different instructor every single day, some great guys and some jerks who will make fun of you. There are great airlines out there, don't let Guarantee Interview with Delta hook you up.
    They didn't figure out yet if they are Endeavor, Pinnacle, Mesaba, etc... too many angry people from these companies who is working there for more than 10 years when aviation industry was laid down.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees! From New hires to Chief Pilots! They have a lot to say to make themselves and this company to succeed!

Feb 9, 2017 – Communications Manager

We are definitely listening. Thanks for sharing your sentiments. We've come a long way from our three airline heritage, and while we are proud of our past, we are more excited about what the future ... More

9. "Friendlist Regional Airline to work for"

Former Employee - First Officer in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - First Officer in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Endeavor Air full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was surprised that unlike some other regionals, Endeavor makes pilots feel valued during the training process.

Cons

This con goes across the industry, this is not an ideal career if you have very small children. I found out that perhaps I should wait until my children are teenagers and don't like mom anymore to try it again. :-)

Advice to Management

Keep valuing your employees and you will always be able to retain the best talent!

Feb 9, 2017 – Communications Manager

Thank you so much for this very entertaining review. Aviation is without a doubt a very unique industry. I'm sure you're kids will appreciate what you do well into their teenage years (and beyond ... More

10. "Good for a Regional Company"

Current Employee - Captain in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Captain in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Endeavor Air full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive work environment, generally good people to work with, honest management

Cons

It's a regional airline so qualify of life is not always ideal

Advice to Management

Continue to adopt industry-leading improvements to attract the best candidates.

Jan 3, 2017 – Communications Manager

Thanks for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are appreciative of your leadership from the left seat and look forward to what 2017 has in store for us!

11. "Excellent team, training, pay / benefits & equipment"

I have been working at Endeavor Air full-time

Pros

Delta Airlines wholly owned subsidiary. Reserve time for some has been less than 6 months

Cons

A high level of performance is required.

Advice to Management

Keep up the strong morale and fiscal performance

Jan 3, 2017 – Communications Manager

Thanks for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are glad you've enjoyed your time with us. Let's keep working together deliver the excellence our customers have come to expect from us!