Endeavor Energy Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Chuck Meloy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great Benefits & Growth Potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

I have been working at Endeavor Energy Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I moved my family to Midland for this job with Endeavor and it has been such a great decision. The health and 401k benefits alone would keep me here, but the people I work with, laid back environment, bonus program and flex schedule all mix up to an ideal company to work for.

Cons

Still working out communication kinks from growth, because it's a private company, but all in all there are no huge cons.

2. "Be Careful"

Former Employee - Senior Geologist in Midland, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Geologist in Midland, TX

I worked at Endeavor Energy Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Acreage Position acquired over the years prior to new leadership

Cons

Everything Else about the new endeavor

Advice to Management

Manage, Listen, and allow your people to do their jobs hired for

3. "Great company to work for with abundance of room to move up :-)"

I have been working at Endeavor Energy Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is room for growth great help and team with in Endeavor as will as so many Pros... They assist you with your career and growth, they care to help with nay questions, HR is always very helpful. The training groups always provide you with what is needed as well as answers to all your questions (even if you ask at a later time) The response time to having help from IT is great. The employers that have been working over 5 plus years with this company are always looking to help you grow and learn. there are some I've had the pleasure of working with and have helped me a lot. Great open door policy. Great benefits.

Cons

There is an electrical company that is a part of Endeavor but seems to have lack of team work and guidance.. there are some areas that could be great but there is no consequences for work not being completed it just gets pushed onto someone else and that is there method of resolving the issues. there are to many employees (well over enough) working in some areas while others have been told for 2 years + that they will one day get help but never do.. When you call the front you always get hung up on so we have to call someone else to relay messages to the front. They have a manager and an assistant manager for a 4 person crew.

Advice to Management

Seems that it may need to have a cleaning done. Recognize the ones doing all the work and helping them. Create balance that it uses to have. Not only should you ask your employees what is wrong but actually resolve the issues especially when everyone at that building are having the same issues.. Moving someone out to resolve issues isn't the fix. (Then you would always move employees but never resolved the issue Sweeping it under the rug is not a resolution)

4. "HSE Field Specialist"

I worked at Endeavor Energy Resources full-time

Pros

Great benefits and compensation for West Texas. Hard working employees that result into a very productive company overall.

Cons

Bad management within the HSE department. Safety culture is still wild wild west (west texas for you) Few good employees, but the rest have no respect for the field employees. Most act if they have a safety cop badge on. Cursing all around with little respect to management and field depts. Private company which that could be the problem that they are still running as if it was the 1970s. Would not work for this safety department unless you were in need of a check. Employees still running around without FR's, PPE, etc. Reactive safety culture overall.

Advice to Management

Be open to new ideas and suggestions. Break up the favorite groups, etc. Have a line of communication with your entire department and start hiring educated and experienced safety reps.

5. "Apprentice electrician"

Current Employee - Apprentice Electrician in Midland, TX
    Current Employee - Apprentice Electrician in Midland, TX

I have been working at Endeavor Energy Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good paying company, good benefits,company takes good of you

Cons

Company will slow down on work ,but wont lay off its employees

6. "welder"

Former Employee - Welder/Fabricator in Midland, TX
    Former Employee - Welder/Fabricator in Midland, TX

I worked at Endeavor Energy Resources full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

good environment good people to work for

Cons

none thing to say they are good people

Advice to Management

nothing

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Endeavor Energy Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really enjoy the people I work with. The company is going through a tremendous amount of changes, all which are making the company stronger and a more competitive organization. The feeling that employees are valued is evident through competitive pay, benefits, a health clinic and employee perks like half days off on Friday. While there are still improvements to be made, the culture of Endeavor is beginning to shift and I for one and proud to work for Endeavor.

Cons

As with any organization, there are challenges to making a cultural shift.

Advice to Management

Be clear on vision and shout it from the rooftop so everyone knows and understands how they play a role in getting the company there.

8. "Worked for them for 15 years"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Midland, TX
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Midland, TX

I worked at Endeavor Energy Resources full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employees are treated well and benefits are good. Only reason I left was due to my health. Had to start taking insulin so my CDL is not valid any more.

Cons

None really other than starting to take only online apps. Have had non stop calls and texts being forced on me because if having to fill out online applications. Other than that endeavor is a wonderful company to work for .

Advice to Management

Go back to face to face interviews

"No room to grow"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Midland, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Midland, TX

I have been working at Endeavor Energy Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good home - work balance. Competitive pay & benefits.

Cons

Recent change in management structure is causing a very tense work environment. Very little opportunity for growth within the company. No positive recognition for good performance.

"Inventory Accountant"

Former Employee - Inventory Accountant in Midland, TX
    Former Employee - Inventory Accountant in Midland, TX

I worked at Endeavor Energy Resources (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment was sad to leave. Awesome work/home balance and very family oriented.

Cons

Laced some structure. Still mom and pop like but to big for the small company vibe.