Endurance International Group Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Endurance International Group CEO Hari Ravichandran
Hari Ravichandran

Pros
  • There are kegs, candy, and free food available all day (in 23 reviews)

• Such as free bagel breakfasts every Thursday and free lunch the first day of the month (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Challenging work environment at times (in 7 reviews)

• Middle and upper management has no real direction or strategy (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place for a self-starter"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Endurance International Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Excellent benefits (401K match, Fitbit challenges & giveaways)
    - Awesome perks: my faves include catered breakfast & lunch daily, free gym with brand new equipment on premises, access to walking desks, massage chair
    - Work hard, but definitely play hard. There are kegs, candy, and free food available all day
    - Employees are given responsibilities and opportunities to thrive without being micromanaged. There's room for growth of ideas which is often encouraged.

Cons

- Although this is an established company, the culture has a bit of a startup feel. I personally enjoy a more free-flowing and energized environment, but recognize it's not for everyone.
    - If you prefer to be micromanaged, EIG is not the place for you. This doesn't mean you're not held accountable, but management will not, nor do they have time to, hold your hand.

Advice to Management

Continue working to improve the company culture in a way that helps EIG empower brands to successfully work together.

Aug 3, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Endurance! It's good to hear that you feel positive about the environment, perks, benefits, etc. We are working to structure more formal employee ... More

2. "Awesome Company with Awesome Culture"

Current Employee - Web Advisor in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Web Advisor in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture
    Free food
    Good pay
    Upwards mobility
    Career pathing
    Internal (for the most part) only promotions
    Leadership who genuinely cares about you

Cons

Can't think of any at all

Advice to Management

Maintain customer first, employee 2nd attitude and watch your business thrive!

3. "Not a caring company"

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Some good people.

Cons

They talk about caring about you and want to help take care of you and family, but in reality it is all about the bottom line and how much they can push the stock up.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your people and give the truth. This is for upper management.

"Web Advisor"

Current Employee - Initially Customer Success Specialist Into Web Advisor in Austin, TX

Pros

> Started with comprehensive training
    > Solid pay with commissioning ability
    > Was initially able to work remote

Cons

> Things constantly in flux
    > Low pay of coworkers leads to less talent/motivation and therein follows bad customer service
    > All the pros eventually went by the wayside as we were swept aside
    > Don't really know who (or what) to trust or put stock in

Advice to Management

Start paying attention to requests of employees and actually valuing/using the feedback instead of just 'talking the talk'.

You have the capability to offer a high level of customer support instead of just gobbling up companies with reputations of good customer service/support only to turn and burn them (much like your employees).

Mar 14, 2017 – Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. As we continue to grow and strategically organize the company, there have been some challenges. But, rest assured it is a high priority to get it right. We value ... More

6. "Web Advisor Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They encouraged you to take courses to improve your skills and move up in the company. Everyone was very supportive. Great benefits and they really take care of their employees.

Cons

I really don't know any cons.

Mar 2, 2017 – Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear you felt encouraged to learn and develop your skills at Endurance — that’s one of our goals!

7. "its a big corporation"

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time

Pros

you don't have to deal with small business favoritism, inappropriate work environments. as long as you meet the minimums you can continue coasting if that is all you are looking for.

Cons

you are a cog in the machine. you are not an important piece and can be replaced or removed at any time. the management is concerned with building their business to be a global leader and will sacrifice employees, morale, production, to make this happen.

Mar 2, 2017 – Community Manager

Our greatest strength is our team and we always strive to ensure that everyone feels supported and empowered. We appreciate the feedback, and regret you felt you were just a cog in the wheel.

"Unlimited PTO can't make up for a work environment this toxic"

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited PTO
    Average compensation
    Decent medical and dental coverage
    Fully vested 401k match
    Flexible work arrangements (for some members of the team)

Cons

Think about every story you’ve read about the sexism women face in the tech sector, and you’ll have a close approximation of the culture at Endurance. In fact, it’s hard to frame my time at one of the company’s hosting brands in any other way.

It was apparent from the outset that all the women on the team were assigned a female stereotype: the bossy executive, the desirable ingenue, and the mom (that’s where I was stuck). On his first day, my manager called me into his office and told me, “Don’t worry if you need to take time off to watch the kids.” Thanks, benevolent sexism!

Unfortunately the problems went much deeper than that. Women on the team were held to a totally different standard than our peers. For instance, several male counterparts regularly failed to calendar when they would be out of the office, let alone submit a formal request. If the women didn’t submit a time-off request EARLY enough, we were chastised.

I could only get resources for my initiatives if a male employee ratified them first. Mansplaining was so rampant that my female coworker and I had to make a pact to speak up for each other in meetings. Men who were not my supervisor (or even in my department) felt empowered to call me into their office and critique my work, with one telling me it was “too professional.”

And frequently my boss would host the alpha males for 4 p.m. drinking parties in his office. Women were, of course, not invited.

In a bro culture this toxic, filing an HR complaint didn’t seem like a legitimate option. And I needed my benefits until I found a new job. Happily I’m on my way out, and I’m looking forward to working in a place that counts professionalism as a virtue and humans as humans regardless of their sexual organs.

Advice to Management

Provide more diversity and harassment training for current managers
    Create a safer way for employees to voice concerns or file a complaint
    Look for opportunities to hire and promote more women
    Update company policies about on-premise drinking

Mar 22, 2017 – ‎Chief Administrative Officer

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As the head of HR for Endurance, I want to assure you that we strive for a professional work environment where all employees are collaborative and ... More

"Look Out for Your Own Interest"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The location of the office was beautiful and the company brought in food trucks to keep meals interesting. The work was interesting and the customers, mostly small business owners were great to work with.

Cons

Local management didn't seem to have the authority they needed to run a profitable business. The division, known as Bluehost, was purchased gutted in under 5 years.

Advice to Management

Care about your people and they will care for your customers.

Mar 2, 2017 – Community Manager

Thank you for your candid review. We appreciate your feedback and will take this into consideration as we continue to build a positive workplace for current and future Endurance team members. We are ... More

"In americas best places to work"

Former Employee - Director of Operations OBMSC in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Director of Operations OBMSC in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The environment and culture are amazing. They truly believe happy employees are productive emplpyees and go out of their way from wages and benefits to breakrooms any one has to admire. Full self serve convenience store with gourmet foods for the health nut or junkfood junky to the xbox 72 in flatscreens billiards tables movies and dvds library. Oh yes the catnap rooms with sleep chairs choose silence your choice of music or ambient sounds. 2weeks paid 1st year vaca earn up to 10 weeks with tenure plus holiday sick days and personal days full benefits from first month 401k and employee profit sharing.

Cons

Growing at record pace from private basement to worlds largest webhost means suffering few growing pains personell may be promoted ro fill a void baaed on merit only to learn that personality does not play well with others under their authority. They will fix it once apparent either through training demotion or department transfer but in the interim for those directly affected its not a good time. Just speak up let someone know then have patience. Its worth it.

Advice to Management

More to HR managers....
    Devise a method to aid determination in personality as well as skill set in order to best depaetment and position placement. When completed as part of the New Hire application and or training, it will provide best development paths for the individual and therefor also the company.

Mar 14, 2017 – Community Manager

Thank you for this five-star review! We are thrilled you were pleased with Endurance’s work environment and culture. We understand the importance of keeping our team members happy — and we will ... More

"Prepare for sadness"

Current Employee - Web Advisor in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Web Advisor in Austin, TX

Pros

Some of the people are great. Work with many who are quite talented. I will be sad to leave this place in the coming month as they start to cut ties with their us support

Cons

The culture is manufactured and on of deception. Know that you can't really trust anyone there to follow through with their word.

Advice to Management

I will be gone soon, but I hope for the sake of those still working here after this month that you actually commit to talent and retaining it. So far the way people are treated here is a joke.

Mar 2, 2017 – Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We understand your concerns. Please know that the decision to consolidate our Orem office was certainly not made lightly. We appreciate our ... More