Endurance International Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Endurance International Group CEO Jeffrey Fox
Jeffrey Fox

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance is very smooth (in 17 reviews)

• s also free food and snacks all day (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Add better work-life balance, even for people working shifts (in 7 reviews)

• The upper management can be biased (in 10 reviews)

"Great company"

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very friendly, supportive, and positive environment. Good pay and room to move up

Cons

Lots of changes since going under new management. Just changed pay structure and removed commmision and bonus.

Advice to Management

Give more notice about changes. A lot of changes are implemented before or on the day we are notified.

2. "Great Company Overall"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

This is a large company with many locations and moving pieces. With that comes the good and the bad. The benefits with this company are outstanding (not just medical, but added benefits like lunches, employee activities, etc). The Austin office in particular has been through some MAJOR change over the past 1.5 years transitioning from a call-center to more of a marketing hub. Obviously there is a lot of bad feelings from the departments and people who unfortunately lost their jobs, but the current environment of the office is incredibly upbeat. People communicate well, eat lunch together and overall enjoy each other's company.
    The company has a new CEO who I believe will bring some positive and much-needed change to the organization. No company is perfect, but EIG is continually striving to better itself. Not everyone will be happy with changes being made, but change isn't always a bad thing.
    As a parent, the work-life balance in the Austin office is greatly appreciated. People understand if you have to stay home with your kid, they're caring and supportive of the role of being a working parent. This is really hard to find at a company and it's greatly appreciated.

Cons

With all of the large changes that have taken place over the past few years with various offices/departments closing and consolidating there are still many people with negative feelings. Hopefully people can either accept change is taking place and try to understand why, or move on and find a place where they will be happy.

Advice to Management

Keep working on transparency. With how often change happens we don't want to catch employees off-guard. I believe this is where many of the negative feelings come from.

"BE WARNED"

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time

Pros

Compensation & Benefits are good
    Free lunch once a week in Burlington
    Bar with Beer on Tap in Burlington
    PTO Time
    Snacks and Free Breakfast in Burlington

Cons

Some departments are good while others have too much drama and office politics going on, it's not even worth the stress
    Hard work is not acknowledged
    Work life Balance
    No work from home days
    Corrupt leadership
    Unethical managers
    Prepare to start of well and then crash and burn

Advice to Management

You need to genuinely care about your employees. The turnover at this company is outrageous and HR does NOT CARE. This company was once a good company to work for and the change in senior leadership has really taken a toll on employee morale.

4. "Customer Support"

Former Employee - Arizona in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Arizona in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice environment.
    Lots of windows.

No other pros because I hate them.

Cons

Gossip

Rude Management

Gave me a strike for being 10 minutes late because I couldn't find the building after parking in my assigned parking structure which I had never used before.

They fired me because "someone was offended" by something I said. But, of course, they couldn't tell me what I had said or who was offended. I was 5 months pregnant. They told me they would speak with some higher ups to decide if I would stay on or not and I was escorted out of the building by a giant security guard without being told what I did wrong. Called me on Monday to tell me I was fired. Yeah, duh.

Advice to Management

Stop being immature.
    Tell people what they are doing wrong and give them a chance to fix it.
    Give new employees some leeway when they are 10 minutes late because of logistical issues. Especially if all we are going to do is play games.

Endurance International Group Response

Apr 18, 2018 – Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback. I'd be happy to speak with you about your experience in more detail. We are a company that supports the rights of all employees growing their families and can assure you... More

"Stay away!"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free breakfast! Free breakfast!
    Free breakfast! Ok !
    Free breakfast! Free breakfast Free breakfast!
    Free breakfast!

Cons

-No professionalism
    -No collaboration
    -No process
    -Zero work life balance
    -expect to work on weekends
    -management plays favorites
    -profit and growth first! customers last
    -zero recognition of talent
    -master slave management structure

Advice to Management

None

"Would not recommend"

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good location, talented design team

Cons

Lack of trustworthy communication, divisive politics, and no engineering capabilities left. Too big a push for MVP delivery and poor measurement of success. No heart or vision left and very little value to be offered to customers. Too many dependencies and constraints working with outdated technology stacks.

Advice to Management

The only way I can see Endurance improving is if it becomes a less stressful, more capable product org, doing more to incentivize talent to stay.

"Move Up and Move On"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time

Pros

* Decent work-life balance for a contact center. Generous PTO, lots of good shifts available for most positions.

* Easy to move up, get quick resume filler and learn a few new skills. Good for those early in career or looking for an experience boost.

Cons

* Hard to have a career here. After moving up, most don't last. Lots of mysterious burn-out and churn-out of seemingly good employees. I still don't really know the reason for me being laid off. "We're moving in a different direction. Here is your severance."

* I don't personally approve of leadership tactics.

Advice to Management

* Front-line call center managers have too many useless meetings and fires to put out for the senior managers on-site. Free them up to work on being available for their team more often during working hours.

* Don't keep employees guessing where they stand. Give more feedback.

* Listen to what employees have to say. Whether they are 100% right or wrong, respect the opinion and don't make people regret being honest. Don't hold grudges against them for being wrong once in awhile.

* When you do give feedback, structure your feedback better. Tell someone what they did wrong, why it was wrong, and how to improve. Be direct, and bring examples. Stay away from using broad anecdotes and unvetted rumors as ammunition.

* Stop gossip among management about employees, other managers, corporate employees, company direction, etc.

* Stop managing through policy and make expectations immediately clear, in the moment. Example: Employees were streaming Netflix, but instead of telling employees how inappropriate the behavior is, they just had IT block it one day.

* Stop using and training managers to use shunning as a control tactic. The term the on-site director used was "send them to (insert profane word for derriere) island" and "manage the cultural outliers out." Some consider this to be hostile, and even discriminatory.

* Make an organizational chart and keep it updated and accessible to all. Too many people don't know who stakeholders are.

* Assign product managers to each product, keep them there for a duration, and have regular product meetings to hold accountable for progress.

* Quit starting over and "planning to plan." I understand it is a tech company, but After 10+ years, more things should be constant. With the constant in and out of new leadership, failed ideas are often re-cycled. Learn from mistakes better.

* Conduct yourself more professionally in your day-to-day. Put down the Nerf guns. Stop being the "cool" manager who drops f-bombs casually in business meetings. Get rid of the keg in the executive meeting room until people learn to handle them responsibly.

* Good attitudes are very important, but please make sure someone at least understands the products before promoting them to advanced roles.

* I know it is a hard job, but running around in fire-drill mode all the time just stresses people out unnecessarily.

* @Jeff Fox - Improve leadership and work on making the products better. Coming in talking about shareholder value and call center metrics within 5 minutes of introducing yourself is not the way to build up this company, IMHO.

"Full time"

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time

Pros

Great benefits, I have gotten to advance my knowledge, great employee perks (free food, employee discounts)

Cons

Management, sometimes your position changes based on what the company needs from you

"A sinking ship"

Former Employee - Unix/Linux Systems Administrator in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Unix/Linux Systems Administrator in Austin, TX

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At first things were great, you're learning new things and whatnot.

Cons

Then EIG started outsourcing to India. Mass layoffs and those who kept their jobs were not necessarily experienced but got to keep their job because of nepotism. Management is incompetent in every way shape and form.

"Incredible"

Current Employee - Web Coach in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Web Coach in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Amazing culture, face paced and friendly environment. Everyone from senior leadership to phone rep is able to suggest changes with an open door policy. Tons of free food and raffles! Lots of smiles and laughs

Cons

The company is expanding and experiences normal growing pains but mitigate them very well by keeping the teams positive and motivated.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!