Endurance International Group Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Endurance International Group CEO Hari Ravichandran
Hari Ravichandran

Pros
  • Such as free bagel breakfasts every Thursday and free lunch the first day of the month (in 24 reviews)

• Free food at the end of the month (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Add better work-life balance, even for people working shifts (in 5 reviews)

• Middle and upper management has no real direction or strategy (in 8 reviews)

"Run far far away"

Former Employee - Web Advisor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Web Advisor in Austin, TX

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-My coworkers were great. I made some awesome friends while working at EIG.
    -Free lunch every day was nice.

Cons

-Almost no communication between management levels and lower level employees.
    -Very little communication when it came to actual updates or problems with our hardware.

Advice to Management

It very rarely feels like anyone is actually listening to the concerns of the employees who are on the front lines of customer support. Very few actual complaints get listened to. Stop trying to penny-pinch and look out for your customers. They're noticing that you don't care.

"Level 3 support"

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time

Pros

Free drink. Good Heath care.

Cons

Company keeps changing directions every other month. Pay lower than average. Bad leaders at head office. Boys club type atmosphere in executive levels.

Advice to Management

Just stop.

"Good example of why web hosting should be regulated as a public utility!"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Orem, UT

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really can't think of any. In a few short weeks, corporate raider Endurance will have completed it's gutting of Bluehost, and moved the branding to Tempe AZ, into the hands of hundreds of little to no-experience employees.

Cons

After hiring 600+ brand new employees off the street in Tempe, customers calling for tech support are asking if they're talking to Tempe AZ or Orem UT, because they don't want to talk to tech support in Tempe. The lack of experience is obvious and customer DO know whats transpiring at Endurance. I can't count how many times customers have told me they spent a wasted hour on the phone with Tempe, only to have their problem resolved in five minutes when they were fortunate enough to call back and get a tech in Orem UT. Not hard to see why the Vice-President of technical support, known as "Su", seems to be keeping a low profile during all of this.

Advice to Management

Seems upper management has finally figured out it needs a new CEO at Endurance, which was publicly announced recently as a "transition" to find a new CEO. A little late in the game to fix that problem! Another thing that reeks of low-class management is constantly promoting how great Tempe is in order to boost morale, but telling Orem employees they're excluded from consideration because they'll all be out on the street soon.

"Worked as technical support staff/L2"

Current Employee - Tech Support Engineer in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Tech Support Engineer in Mumbai (India)

Pros

Good work environment, friendly colleagues, and seniors.
    People at any level - higher or lower, would actually listen to what you have to say about work.

Cons

* Add better work-life balance, even for people working shifts
    * Management needs to work towards better growth of the employees and employee retention

Advice to Management

work on retaining employees instead of letting them go by saying "they are moving to better roles, nothing we can do"

"Low growth opportunity for mid-level management"

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Terrific benefits, high compensation, smart colleagues, free food, snacks, coffee, beer

Cons

Culture is lacking. It's a challenge to figure out who is doing what and where to find the best resources, often resulting in inefficiency. Additionally, The Director of Communications is not located in the HQ office (or in any office) and works remotely. This presents obvious challenges for internal communications and cultural development -- it's an odd setup for a company working so hard to scale its culture to match its tremendous growth.

Advice to Management

EIG headquarters is made up of employees who have been there for either 10+ years or a constant rotation of three to five-year folks who are in and out the door. It's an amazing place to learn and grow for anyone who has an entrepreneurial-minded spirit and enjoys the opportunity to dig into various projects across multiple departments and who can roll with change. For me, this was an awesome fit. But providing success paths for good employees to reach higher-level positions and be appropriately rewarded and promoted for quality work ethic would make for a far better culture with higher retention. I had great managers -- this wasn't their fault, the company culture simply isn't set up for employee growth. Myself and many of my colleagues between the three and five-year mark would still be there if it was. Benefits and salary are great, but you've set up a company where a smart employee will be hired, learn everything they can, and then get out. Great for employees who move on to broader opportunities with other companies, but not so great, I imagine, for EIG.

"Amazing Culture"

Former Employee - Senior HPS in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Senior HPS in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice Perks
    Awesome working culture
    amazing environment
    No Work Pressure

Cons

No Career Growth
    Need to push yourself for self-learning
    Internal movement after 15 months.

Advice to Management

Must listen to the employee for his capabilities and interest for the work.

"Very disappointed in EIG"

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The perks here are great. 401k matching, great health insurance, "unlimited" PTO, etc. It has also been a place where I have grown and learn a lot, although none of my growth has come as a direct result of Endurance. It has been thanks to my managers and co-workers. This is a great place if you're looking for good co-workers and benefits. Unfortunately, I don't think the good co-workers part will last long as a lot of people are looking elsewhere for work (for reasons described below).

Cons

It is really hard to trust management when they are willing to straight up lie to employees and try to dismiss it with phrases like "strategy changes" or "shifting priorities". There is very little transparency from the top. Some middle management has tried to be transparent, but they seem to be just as in the dark as the rest of us. Some middle management has tried to stand up for the peons, but they are either systematically let go or end up losing their willpower after beating their head against the wall that is upper management.

It's also disheartening that EIG has never reported a profit and subscriber numbers are dropping, but the CEO is among the highest compensated (at least in 2015, I haven't seen a 2016 SEC filing yet). EIG also makes terribly poor business partnerships that stonewall innovation because of exclusivity clauses.

What it really comes down to is this: EIG executives only care about money, despite anything they say. Actions speak much louder than words at this company.

Advice to Management

Care about more than how much money you make. In the years after EIG went public, upper management showed their true colors, but those colors weren't with your people or your customers. You constantly email your employees about your "values", but really haven't lived up to them. Have some backbone when talking to your employees. Don't skirt questions because they are uncomfortable to answer. If you make a decision you should be able to defend why you made that decision clearly and directly, with data to back it up. There is a reason that you had to bribe your employees to take the "anonymous" employee survey. They don't trust you!

Endurance International Group Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Community Manager

We work hard to ensure we hire the right individuals that embody our values so the ‘good co-workers’ aspect of your review is something all employees can experience. The same applies to our desire to ... More

9. "Perfect Place"

Former Employee - HPS in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - HPS in Mumbai (India)

Pros

Nice place to work, nice perks

Cons

no career growth, better to learn self.

Endurance International Group Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Community Manager

Very glad that you are enjoying being part of the Endurance team! Thanks for the feedback.

"Sinking ship"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orem, UT

I worked at Endurance International Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There was decent pay, but that went away too.

Cons

Bad management, cheap products, massive layoffs, poor stock performance, will not be around long term.

11. "Review"

I have been working at Endurance International Group full-time

Pros

The culture is awesome, I enjoy coming to work everyday to see my peers. I love seeing advisors grow within the company and I like that everyone is positive.

Cons

The upper management can be biased. I feel like people get promoted for the wrong reasons. I would like to see more people get promoted for making a difference, driving culture and working hard to better the business.

Advice to Management

Be true to your values.