Enercon Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

Enercon Industries Reviews

Updated Aug 5, 2019

Found 8 reviews

3.3
Enercon Industries CEO Donald Nimmer  (no image)
Donald Nimmer

"Fantastic People and Workload"

I worked at Enercon Industries

Pros

All staff was very kind, helpful, and knowledgeable. The engineering manager worked with me, so I could work on projects tailored to my interests and ensured I had a wide variety of experiences/tasks/projects. The position works closely with electrical engineers, which helps in learning to read WD. I was able to work on real jobs and parts, which was so exciting to see the shop bring my drawings to life! The company... looks as interns as potential full-time employees, which means they will invest time teaching and instructing you, so you're capable of working on more complex projects. I couldn't recommend a better internship.

Cons

I have absolutely nothing to comment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the tremendous work.

Enercon Industries2016-12-03
  2. "Neither Good nor Bad"

Current Employee - Assembler

I have been working at Enercon Industries full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you put effort into your work it will get noticed. Raises will reflect that. Very lenient and layed back work environment. Company outings are nice. Employees are good to work with.

Cons

Poor bonuses, company/ management slow to change and finish projects. Company divided into 2 locations causes poor communication/ comradery among employees. Company doesn't want to spend money on tools/ equipment. Management doesn't really repremand for sloppy/slow work. Engineering is always making mistakes on drawings, leaving it up to assembly to fix.

Enercon Industries2019-08-05
  3. "Regional Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Menomonee Falls, WI

I worked at Enercon Industries full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Great people to work with and for -Always felt as though I was valued within the organization -Solid and secure position in the marketplace which takes the stress off -Clearly defined path for growth -Work environment was great. It was really a fun place to work. -Manager pushed me for professional development and took the time to teach me -Not afraid to reward hard work and results

Cons

-Health insurance and vacation weren't the greatest but serviceable. Being a small company, if something terrible were to happen, they would take care of you.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward and don't be afraid to adapt.

Enercon Industries2016-10-06

"Archaic Growth - NOT for a millennial."

Sales

I worked at Enercon Industries for more than a year

Pros

Nice people. Family type atmosphere.

Cons

Very slow to implement change. Upper management is not concerned with the long term growth of the company. They are basically just trying to maintain their revenues. The owners three sons are the executives and they try to do the least amount of work possible. They're never in the office.

Advice to Management

Stop letting your sons run the company into the ground. Hire people who have real business management experience who care about the growth of the company.

Enercon Industries2016-09-28

"Quality family run company that takes care of their employees"

Product Specialist in Menomonee Falls, WI

I worked at Enercon Industries

Pros

-Great company that is very well known globally for their equipment quality, as well as the importance of service. -They are very good at creating a culture that is work hard, play hard. -Outlook for the company is great, as they devote a good amount of resources to both marketing and R&D. -Being a family run company, they are very flexible when family things come up.

Cons

-Health Insurance, just like everywhere right now, is just alright. -Historically they have been very conservative, which has a lot to do with their success. However, there are times where this causes decisions to take longer.

Advice to Management

Continue to care about your employees as you do!

Enercon Industries2016-06-27

"Don't believe the hype, all show no go"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Menomonee Falls, WI

I have been working at Enercon Industries full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the people were great, enjoy most of my coworkers. See cool things on customer visits, but not much else.

Cons

Micro management, if you are a sales manager you aren't "approved" to even see sales reports. Kinda tough to be a sales manager without having access to live sales numbers. They pride themselves on "exceptional customer care and service" but they'll make customers pay to get parts that are covered under warranty for shipping. Certain accounts you're paid on, others are simply "house accounts" -no commission. I would... seriously reconsider your thoughts about working here. Was also told that I would have this great support group and resources at my disposal but when push came to shove, there's no support. Was also told that I'd make double what the pay actually is. Don't do it! Stay clear! There's much better out there!

Advice to Management

Don't over promise and under deliver, don't hope to hire people who are followers,don't be afraid of new ideas, be honest! A tightly controlled environment, with management who is there solely due to nepotism. Have a strategy for growth and share those visions with your reps. Stop keeping secrets. Stop the whispering, stop the lies.

Enercon Industries2016-06-08
  7. "Enercon is a great place to work."

Former Employee - Assembly Worker in Menomonee Falls, WI

I worked at Enercon Industries part-time for less than a year

Pros

The management allows you to get your work done without hassling you about it. The pay is also very good for the type of work I was doing. All of my coworkers were very nice and easy to talk to.

Cons

I would sometimes get bored from the tediousness of the work. The work I was doing didn't have a lot of thinking involved.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The relationship between management and the workers is very good.

Enercon Industries2014-07-17
  8. "Acceptable"

I have been working at Enercon Industries full-time

Pros

Small company with a lot of opportunities to learn, grow and test different actions

Cons

Management don't see where the real problems are.

Enercon Industries2019-02-08