Energy Future Holdings Intern Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 4 reviews

3.1
Energy Future Holdings CEO John F. Young
John F. Young
  1. "Great internship! The company really cares about teaching, but also expects to get real work out of you."

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineering Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Energy Future Holdings

Pros

The people are amazing to work with. The work challenges you and there is so much to learn. Luminant really wants to build up young engineers. And, the relationship between young and senior engineers is outstanding. Even in meetings with executives as an intern you are encouraged to ask questions and learn. The absolute best internship I have had!

Cons

After graduation I was excited to see about working with Energy Future Holdings, and felt at home with them. It seemed like the perfect fit, but there were no job openings. Interns were getting hired left and right on the mine side, but they offered no oppurtunities for the plant side interns. Why waste so much time making young engineers fall in love with your company if you arent going to hire then??? Such a wasted...

Advice to Management

You guys are great. Just keep treating everyone with respect, and always acknowledge new ideas.

Energy Future Holdings2011-01-18
  2. "Decent Company, No Job Security"

Former Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Energy Future Holdings for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed the people I worked with.

Cons

The company has too much debt to survive. This limits advancement opportunities.

Energy Future Holdings2014-06-26
  3. "Great company, but needs work in managing finances"

Former Employee - MIS Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Energy Future Holdings for more than a year

Pros

The company is located in downtown dallas, and all of the employees great people. I loved the drive everyone had as well the want see the company excel.

Cons

There's a lot of drama among the employees as well. Every unprofessional at times. The internship program was not planned out well, so often many of the interns were left out from emails.

Energy Future Holdings2013-10-22
  4. "Rewarding"

Former Employee - Intern in

I worked at Energy Future Holdings

Pros

It was an interesting internship, in the IT department, you will get many opportunities to expand your knowledge

Cons

Transitory management team, since the company was recently taken private. Poor IT infrastructure from years of outsourcing, only to finally try to bring it back in house.

Advice to Management

Pay Interns more

Energy Future Holdings2011-02-02