KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Energy Ogre Reviews

Updated Jul 13, 2021

Found 8 of over 8 reviews

2.6
Energy Ogre CEO Jesson Bradshaw (no image)
Jesson Bradshaw

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great, small company!

Jul 13, 2021 - Software Engineer(Internship) in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Startup feel, kind team members

Cons

No cons at the moment

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    KEY NOT FOUND: jobLine.temporary-former, less than 1 year

Racist

Jun 25, 2021 - Customer Service Representative (CSR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Snacks and dress code was kool

Cons

Company only had 2 black people working throughout whole building and we were the 2 in training and got released for something everyone else was allowed to do and was told it was ok

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good Place

Feb 11, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to learn about the industry

Cons

Poor management/micro management. You will always get nagged at for taking an extra minute for making notes

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Stay away from this company

Jun 18, 2020 - Customer Service Analyst in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is growing and it does make the employees feel like they are appreciated by the owner.

Cons

Unfortunately, the managers they have have favoritism to certain people. Another employee has been out of the office for two weeks and they still work there. I didn’t know my daughter would get sick in time to request the day off and I was fired ! They expect a 24 hour notice to call in, how are we supposed to know our kids are going to get sick? I had a doctors note ( always have provided them notes) and still they fire me because I’m not compatible with the company! But when they needed me to work weekends or stay late I was there!!! They attempted to cover up the bonus they gave to certain people by saying it was for people who worked over time and was always there to help clear out tickets ( I was there busting my butt) but they only gave it to their favorite people. When asked, they say two different things. They give first and final write ups without giving you the first write up and giving you a chance to make it up to them. They have a personal vendetta on the people they get rid of and who they keep. It is really messed up to fire someone during a pandemic specially when they are the sole source of income.

5 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great idea, sketchy management

Feb 17, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

When things are good, they are really good. CEO wants to genuinely help people grow, and it he takes chances on inexperienced people. Awesome office space with a great view. Decent pay and good benefits. Mostly positive environment, lots of fun events. Most days you feel good about helping people.

Cons

When things are bad, they are ridiculous. So much fear of getting in trouble for saying something bad about the company that alot of people are afraid to say anything. Every time someone dares to do it the bullies start going around trying to figure out who did it so they can find ways to make them pay. If you are need things around you to make sense you are going to have a bad time here. Ops is always changing message on what is important. One day we are a "technology company". The next, we have a high school mascot holding handwritten signs on the street like a homeless man. The social media person will share shaky videos of people eating in the kitchen, but not about when we built 100 kids bikes in a day for charity. The review process is basically your manager telling you everything they think you did wrong over the past many months, with nothing helpful in improvement or career growth. The top management person for operations doesn't understand our business, or know most of the people in it. They are always posting videos of her saying things that are just wrong. Only way "up" is to move to IT, but they take like one or two people per year.

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Current Employee

The nepotism is strong with this one. Extremely toxic. I’m glad I left on my own terms..

Jul 24, 2020 - Member Care Specialist in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely none other than their suite is located in a state of the art building.

Cons

At first it seems like everyone is friendly, but they are far from it. If anyone new is starting at this please, I strongly encourage you to CYA for everything, no matter how small it may seem. They bully you too much and makes you feel like you’re not part of the team if you don’t kiss up to them. They belittle you and complain when you ask them to help. They will get at you even if you are 30 seconds past your break time. They don’t pay you overtime because you’re on salary. They always have an attitude for everything and will yell at you if you ask them a simple question. They constantly power trip, which is extreme unprofessional. This company has a high turnover rate because people leave or get fired for no reason because you’re an at-will employee. Almost all of the people who work here are related, in a relationship or have a very close friendship. They don’t want it to be suspicious and is probably the reason why they are constantly hiring new people and letting them go as quick as they hire them. They even hired someone they are romantically involved with after they fired someone they didn’t like. Once you’re hired, they will give you write ups for no reason because you’re an at-will employee. They will create a paper trail to fire you and make it seem like you’re a bad employee. They don’t do anything about it either and there isn’t anyone to report this to because like I said before, everyone here is related, in a relationship or has a close friendship. And as I’ve said before, the only way to get ahead in this company is if you are friends with management or have seniority within the company. Please stay away from this company. You will 100% regret it if you work here.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

You're experience will vary by department

Jan 23, 2020 - Member Care Representative in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Energy Ogre has a great idea, and it is lead by a good man. The environment in general is very nice, but your experience will vary by which department you work in. Free food, coffee and fun events. Flexible hours and remote work (if your manager likes you). The "professional" side of the business has their stuff together, and they all seem to really get along. They are always joking around and having a good time, and they often set up trainings that are helpful.

Cons

The "ops" side, where I worked, always petty drama. 5 different people would do the same thing 5 different ways. If you made a mistake they did these thing called a "postmortem" to figure out what went wrong and how they could prevent it in the future, but behind closed doors they just yelled at you for it and there was no "learning" The lower managers were often unprofessional, but you can tell some of them were at least trying. It didn't help that the person they report to (the COO) had no interest in helping them get better. She was often working on some kind of publicity event, or not there at all. We sat in an open concept office and she didn't realize that we could hear her talk inside her office. I once heard her complain that there were too many people with unpronounceable names in IT. That kind of casual racism was not uncommon in some of the groups, even though the place is pretty diverse. They keep pestering employees to write good reviews to get on best place to work listed. Someone wrote a bad review on a public site once, and all of us got taken into the conference room and yelled at for being ungrateful, and it was taken down.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

OMG Where Do I Start?

May 6, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Ceo is a very nice person and SEEMS as if he cares. His words are positive but there is no action behind it. The cake and ice cream are just incentives to cover up the real issues at this place.

Cons

To start the training is horrible and inadequate. It does not even come close to preparing you to sufficiently do your job. They lie and tell you that your are going to be paid hourly during your interview then wait until you are almost paid your first check to let you know you are actually being paid salary then they do nothing to honor what you were informed originally. They are too cheap to hire more people although they can clearly see the business is growing and the employees are over worked, stressed, and underpaid for all the work they have to complete. (IDK if that is a reflection of the CEO or the people he has working for him) Instead they add more numbers to the amount of enrollments that need to be processed in a day and the amount of auto pay enrollments that have to be done in a day. They reduce the amount of time you have for a lunch and informs you that you have to do mandatory over time an hour before you are scheduled to clock out and when asked why such short notice they state its because of demand and do not take into consideration if you had prior obligations. If you stay over the time you were suppose to clock out on a call assisting a member, they tell you they "will see what they can do" about paying you for the time. The CS department has to take calls and answer emails at the same time during the whole day even while being swamped and if you do not complete the emails by the time you need to clock out, you have to stay until they are finished and not get paid for it. They do not pay time and a half for over time. The CS team has to do every departments job (which is why the job description above says "ALL" and if they do not do it they get written up and their jobs are threatened. (If auto pay needs something to do their job they should be able to get the information and no one should have to be written up for something they are able to do or need to do in order to do their jobs. That is just one example of MANY). They love to say how everyone is working as a team but the team never has your back if you make a simple mistake, instead they RAT you out as if they couldn't just fix the simple mistake. There are so many managers and supervisors yet people who have been working there over a year still have no clue of what they are doing and you never know who is your lead. When you CYA it still doesn't matter because they go by what they feel and never admit fault. You are made to feel like an outsider because everyone who works there is related in some type of way and if you are not related to any of them you are SOL. Once they see this review they will have a team meeting and ask all employees how they feel and everyone will lie for fear of termination. All facts no assumptions.

9 people found this review helpful