Energy One (Texas) Reviews | Glassdoor

Energy One (Texas) Reviews

Updated Jan 4, 2019

Found 48 reviews

4.2
Pros
  • "I took this job as a temporary part time gig to have more time to work on my own business and it was a great experience(in 5 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's door-to-door sales, bottom line(in 11 reviews)

• "Door to door sales can be stressful, and it isn't for everyone(in 6 reviews)

"review - work in the office"

I have been working at Energy One (Texas) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexible/easy going good team reasonable pay good environment

Cons

not everyone gets bonus opportunities

Energy One (Texas)2019-01-04
    • "Great Company"

Current Employee - Marketing in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Energy One (Texas) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun environment. Work your own schedule. Great pay for the hours, (25 hours/wk). No territories. Incentives on a regular basis, on top of bonus commissions. I have been promoted within from experience and love the job! No sales for the Marketing Coordinator position, just setting appointments for Marketing Directors. The company approach to prospective clients is well scripted!

Cons

Must drive your own vehicle.

Advice to Management

Always helpful and great to work with.

Energy One (Texas)2018-11-14
    • "Entrepreneurial"

I worked at Energy One (Texas) full-time

Pros

Ability to run like your own small business. Solid product line.

Cons

Sales areas can already be worked over.

Energy One (Texas)2018-10-17

"Great money and hours"

Former Employee - Marketer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Energy One (Texas) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great hours, only 20-25 a week and you can make bank! I was getting on average a grand to 1500 most weeks and the approach at the door is great.

Cons

Company is too afraid to lose their directors and start to baby them with "well qualified" leads that they blame the lead generator for if it doesn't sell or the people flake on them once in a while.

Advice to Management

Let the lead generator have a little more value and appreciation for being out in the heat finding all the good leads for the sales guys who sit at home waiting on us. You'll keep the good marketers longer.

Energy One (Texas)2018-08-20
      • "A GREAT ENVIRONMENT TO FOSTER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT"

Current Employee - Financial Controller in Austin, TX

I have been working at Energy One (Texas) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working for Energy One afforded me the opportunity to develop and strengthen skills I already had but wasn't using to the best of my potential. I was also given the chance to develop professionally in areas I hadn't previously worked in. As a small to medium size business, Energy One allows you to work daily with big decision makers in the company and encourages an open and interactive dialogue between lower lever...

Cons

Certain positions within the company may be challenging to individuals who are hesitant or apprehensive about direct marketing. These positions are not for the timid or shy.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster the development of your employees. You're making a tremendous impact on the lives of those who have crossed your path.

Energy One (Texas)2018-02-11

"Friendly staff but they pay you just enough to get around..."

I worked at Energy One (Texas) full-time

Pros

No Micromanagement. VERY FRIENDLY STAFF--They really do make an effort to see you win!

Cons

Very long hours + you're working 6 days a week. They pay you just enough to get around. You're traveling A LOT around THE STATE in your car. Getting chased by dogs. It's door-to-door sales, bottom line.

Advice to Management

No real advice. You guys were great, it just wasn't the best situation for me at the time.

Energy One (Texas)2018-01-26

"Lies"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Austin, TX

I worked at Energy One (Texas) part-time for less than a year

Pros

If a commission only, door to door sales is your thing then this is the job for you to have.

Cons

The company states that you will receive a weekly base of $500 in addition to bonuses. During the interview, they state that the position is strictly commission and that you will make $500 per sale. There is also a chargeback clause in the 1099 employment contract that holds the employee liable should the customer default on financing.

Advice to Management

Be honest with what the position offers in your online job postings

Energy One (Texas)2018-01-27

"Pretty good experience"

Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Energy One (Texas) part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very Flexible Good Program Excellent Training Program

Cons

Door to Door Sales Very High Pressure Enviroment

Advice to Management

Set more realistic goals and find better ways to keep track of houses

Energy One (Texas)2017-11-22

"Great opportunity, but not for everyone"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Austin, TX

I worked at Energy One (Texas) part-time

Pros

- The training is fantastic - Management is great at communication - The employees are all very friendly and good workers - They compensate well - They do everything in their power to help you succeed

Cons

- It is a part time job, but should be treated like a full time job - It is very demanding work, and you need to be on top of your game - Your job is to generate leads, but you only get credit if they are sales. - Door to door sales can be stressful, and it isn't for everyone

Advice to Management

I think there should be a better way of evaluating an employees success with the company. Our position as a marketing coordinator is to get homeowners excited about our program and to sit them down with our directors. We constantly insist we aren't part of the sales team, but management evaluates the amount of sales we generate from our appointments we set. Why not set an appointment quota instead of sales quota?

Energy One (Texas)2017-08-06
      • "Marketing Manager"

I worked at Energy One (Texas) full-time

Pros

You are able to educate and help people enhance their home and save money. I was able to learn valuable skills that I don't know what I would do without now. You also work for production. The harder you push the more you make. No glass ceiling. They take you to school for sure, but you get a lot out of it in the end. Great team feeling.

Cons

Work hours depend on when you can contact homeowners; which means you are working the opposite schedule of a 9am-5pm.

Energy One (Texas)2017-06-13