Energy One (Texas) Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Persistence is rewarded"

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Energy One (Texas) part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture is one of the best in which I've ever had the pleasure of working. The camaraderie that comes from working in the field is secind to none, and it's hard to picture better managerial staff or coworkers. Working at E1 is in part driven by the employee's adaptability and gregariousness but most importantly by the employee's refusal to be beaten in the face of adversity. If one goes into the position with the expectation to work hard and repeat habitually successful actions, they will be rewarded.

Cons

The work, admittedly, is difficult at times. There are moments wherein one finds it difficult to maintain a professional work ethic or demeanor. And one must also be prepared for certain pressures from management or policy metrics that for the wrong person may result in a decreased proficiency.

Advice to Management

Continue being upbeat and fostering the sense of community that kept me at EnergyOne for as long as I was. I have nothing further to add and I am very proud to have worked for this company.

2. "Marketing Coordinator"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Austin, TX

I worked at Energy One (Texas) part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I took this job as a temporary part time gig to have more time to work on my own business and it was a great experience. I wish I had discovered it earlier in my career when I was focused on sales/marketing etc. The management, environment, training and job itself will help you immensely in your career here, in future jobs and in life in general. Highly recommend it for anyone who is starting out or interested in sales and/or marketing. After previous sales jobs through the years I figured this was scam and there would be a catch to get the advertised hourly rate but was pleasantly surprised by their honesty.

Cons

I looked at some other reviews and yes you will be asked to drive, memorize a script, and give the owners a return on their investment of $20/hour to you. Put on your big boy pants, this is a real job haha.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin it real

3. "Marketing Coordinator"

I worked at Energy One (Texas) part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a great compamy to work for, the only job I've ever had where the owners of the company are willing to invest their personal time to meet you and are very involved. Management goes above and beyond when it comes to your schedule and or anything else you may need from them as far as helping you suceed. They are great at motivating you and there really is no limit to the amount of money, success, and oportunity you want to make for yourself.

Cons

If you are not self motivated you will not do very well in this field. In sales it is what you make of it, you will only received what effort you put in, nothing more nothing less.

Advice to Management

Keep motivating everyone and leading by example.

4. "Great Opportunities & Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Energy One (Texas) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Started out as a Marketing Coordinator, then moved up in the company multiple times after that. Plenty of opportunities to improve and move up in the company. Dedication has led to success for sure. They recognize and reward you for going above their expectations. Management is always there to teach and is patient with you. Great Experiences!

Cons

No job is ever simple or easy. Understanding that no matter what job you have, you are going to have to give it your all, is all you need to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding employees, it really makes us feel great. Keep being amazing and patient with us. Thanks for all you have done and continue to do.

5. "Best Company Ever!"

I have been working at Energy One (Texas) full-time

Pros

Energy One is a national home improvement company specializing in high performance energy efficient products. Key words High Performance!! This is a great company with great people who work hard and take pride of who they are and what we represent. We are given the knowledge to set the bar high, but not too high to let it go to our head. It's like working with family. Love it!!

Cons

Energy One gives everyone a fair opportunity to be the best. There is no con!

Advice to Management

Continue to keep it real.

6. "Marketing Coordinator"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Energy One (Texas) part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedules, a team (to include the owners of the company) who is invested in helping you get better so you can succeed, upbeat weekly training meetings and an atmosphere of friendliness and warmth.

Cons

Any sales job has ups and downs which can be frustrating if you're not experienced or used to a job where you never know what will happen.

Advice to Management

Everybody get on the same page. Other than that y'all are great.

7. "Unfair company- to customers and employees."

I worked at Energy One (Texas) part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good money until you realize how hard you are working. You have a great schedule, but you have to deal with the uncertainty of outdoor weather.

Cons

company gives consumers promises of energy savings which is illegal to guarantee and they tell everyone they are getting 50% off. Also, it is a pyramid scheme in paying their employees, worked my butt off and got 1% of the money I made for them in an entire month. I felt highly unappreciated as an employee, management was extremely intense and "sales training" needs to tone a lot down before scaring people away from the job. Door to door sales is already emotionally destructive enough. Not the best health insurance either

Advice to Management

Show you value your employees via team get togethers, prizes other than money, or just higher pay and vacation! Or full time benefits because the people who do the hardest work for the company are part time....

8. "marketing coordinator"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Energy One (Texas) part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none company is a total scam

Cons

poor training, goes thru pitch about how great of a part time job it is then puts full time expectations on you. training is total nonsense, says paid training but then wants you to go home to train yourself in marketing pitch and recite verbatim without pay, then critiques and threatens to fire you as if you cant handle it. they say paid training but they take no effort to actually train you in anything. no benefits

Advice to Management

train your employees if you take the time and effort to actually work with them you will get better results. if you are some old school kick them to the field fly or die company you are getting nowhere and are wasting everyone's time.your company will not last long and you will eventually run into someone who is a master at marketing and will expose you on every social media source. stop your scam!

9. "Unique business model"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Energy One (Texas) (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team, fun training, motivated managers

Cons

The eligible target market of working homeowners who want to stay in their homes for decades is very small and already flooded with replacement windows from dozens of less expensive providers. Reps. have to pay for their own fuel, smartphones with enough power to replace a physical office, and work up to 8 hours a week of uncompensated drive time to work sites. Crappy website gives little information value to potential consumers doing online research.

Advice to Management

Reps are taught to sell the "program" and taught very little about the actual product. It is hard to sell a product that you have never seen a demo of or haven't been sold on yourself.

10. "Marketing Rep & Radius Manager"

Former Employee - Radius Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Radius Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

I worked at Energy One for around 3 years and had a great experience. I started out part-time as a Marketing Rep while I was finishing school and eventually moved up to the Radius Manager position. I got to work with a lot of really upbeat and hilarious people that made my time there awesome. I learned a ton about how to run a business and how to stay motivated to achieve my own personal goals. Once you get to know everyone and get a feel for Energy One, it's more of a family than a company. I would definitely recommend them to anyone interested.

Cons

I don't really have anything bad to say about the company. Anyone in management must have pretty flexible hours, but that is with almost any management position. Everything else was really good.

Advice to Management

Acquire a larger collection of bow-ties & Chucks.