EngagementHealth Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Health Coach"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Wonderful atmosphere, flexibility working from home, and a culture that cultivated positive relationships between employees and departments.

Cons

There was limited room for growth.

2. "Good place to work"

Pros

Everyone is friendly and willing to help. Free personal trainer

Cons

I feel the company is understaffed

3. "Very Biased Company..."

Former Employee - Wellness Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Wellness Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at EngagementHealth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good starting salary
    Work from home option

Cons

This company let me go on no solidified proof, claiming that one of the employees at the company we were working with to give assessments, said that "i told him what to do lifestyle wise"
    Also, being in the office the day before during a meeting and they were not professional enough to let me go at this point, instead had to call me the next day while working from home and told me to get my things from the office...

I obtained the performance evaluations for that quarter and I was among the top in the group. I speculate because I was the youngest, still being in school and the manager at the time was hostile from the beginning, they were unprofressional enough to let me go on a basis that to this day is not valid.

The account managers were very clingy to eachother and treated the place like a sorority house.

Not diverse whatsoever

Advice to Management

Be more professional; if you have to let someone go, at least follow proper HR protocol and conduct exit interviews. Also, keeping up with the times and ensuring a more diverse workplace with an even more equal and vibrant culture would help.

4. "Health Coach"

Pros

Great coworkers, flexible work hours

Cons

Not the best communication between departments

5. "Good Culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

I worked at EngagementHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment at EngagementHealth was great! Everyone was willing to help especially when it started as such a small company. You basically got to invent better ways to do things.

Cons

Salary and Benefits are not as competitive as other jobs. A good place to be a building block for future careers.

6. "It's always great when you love your job"

Current Employee - Health Coach
    Current Employee - Health Coach

Pros

Helping our clients achieve their personal health/ wellness goals. It's so rewarding when a client who smoked for 20+ years call in celebrating 1 week tobacco free or to have a client with 3+ health condition on 5 different medications lose 30+lbs and drop dosage on almost all their medications.

I love how EH includes everyone, Everyone maters, no matter what you position is, your input or suggestions are always heard

continuing education. We always get time placed in our schedule to research the most common techniques or current fads that clients may ask about.
    Learning from our Co-workers

Working from home.

EH keep our health in mind as well. annual work outings and work parties, healthy snacks always stocked in office, and a generous amount PTO

Cons

Working from home. unfortunately it does get a little lonely when working from home, but we do keep in contact during shift with instant messaging. we also meet in office once per month for work updates and educational lessons.

7. "Great workplace with amazing co-workers"

I have been working at EngagementHealth full-time

Pros

The pros about working with a small company is that you are able to grow along with the company. The work environment is great! Everyone who works here is very helpful and very knowledgeable. I feel very comfortable working with the team we have. The most important thing that differentiates us from other wellness companies is that everyone is very passionate about what they do! EH Headquarters is also located near various restaurants and stores so that's always a nice perk.

Cons

I really enjoy working for this company. At this time I can not think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Management is great! They are always willing to work with you. Do not have any advice.

8. "Wonderful Company!"

Current Employee - Health Coach in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Health Coach in Chicago, IL

I have been working at EngagementHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management makes you feel very appreciate and always praises you. Additionally, management goes above and beyond to accommodate employee needs. The culture is very health focused, positive and supportive. Management is always concerned about your comfort and happiness. You are able to have work-life balance and as a Health Coach you work from home!

Cons

Health Coaches work shift hours either 6am-2pm or 2pm-10pm. Management is very accommodating when needed but still not as ideal as working regular business hours. Salary and Benefits are not as competitive as with larger corporations.

9. "Walk not Talk"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

Culture is anything but boring. Surrounded by people who love what they do and it's catching. Friday comes really fast.

Cons

There is always more to do...if you're looking for a job watching paint dry, this ain't it. Demands are high, but then is that really a bad thing?

Advice to Management

Keep paying attention. It means a lot to us that you're listening.

10. "Exciting and Collaborative Work Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at EngagementHealth full-time

Pros

The team dynamic at EngagementHealth is awesome! Everyone works together, across all departments, and someone is always willing to help. Also, the work environment is very welcoming, which is important in a small company. All employees care about the work they do and work hard day in and day out.

Cons

Not exactly a con, but there is no formal training process so you will jump into job responsibilities quickly!