Enghouse Interactive Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Stephen Sadler

1. "Great place to gain experience"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Enghouse Interactive full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pretty relaxed environment. Casual attire/jeans acceptable. Previous experience not really required. Close to major highway & covered parking offered.

Cons

Training is minimal. You're pretty much thrown to the wolves and on your own right away. There are other people doing the same thing but workload is very high so you probably won't get immediate help if stuck on something. You'll never get more than a 2% pay increase if you get one at all, there are no bonuses including Christmas, 401k is offered but no company match. Health insurance is offered but a lot to be desired about plans to pick from. All in all hopefully you're not coming here for benefits or competitive pay. Enghouse is great at developing talent but horrible at retaining it.

2. "Great remote opportunities but that's about it"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Enghouse Interactive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities to work remotely with a flexible schedule. Time off is great;10 paid holidays, 6 sick days, 10 vacation days a year. Vacation is bumped up to 15 days after two years.

Cons

Enghouse Interactive grows through acquisitions, therefore there's no cohesiveness throughout the different groups. No training in sales or account management regarding EI products and receiving support from other departments is difficult at times. Managers expect sales and increased revenue, but don't provide clear initiatives, goals, or the tools needed for that to happen.

Advice to Management

Focus on your people first. Ensure that every employee has an understanding of the company's values and mission. Educate different LOBs on the entire EI product suite. Give us the tools and knowledge needed to help us succeed.

"Technical Support"

Former Employee - Support Engineer in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Support Engineer in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Enghouse Interactive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really none, maybe the people you work directly with. Most holidays off unless you work in support. Free coffee and cheap pop that's about it.

Cons

To many to list all but a few top ones are the benefits are a complete rip off, medical is like $750 a month for family with high deductible and copay for a 70/30 plan. 401k has no company match and has high fee's. No bonus and very small raises if offered at all. No incentive or plan for promotion so if negotiating a salary try to get on the high end of pay scale. Sales department can't sell and customer base is declining fast.

Advice to Management

None, they wouldn't listen anyway

"Good for stockholders not for employees"

Current Employee - Product & Marketing in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Product & Marketing in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Enghouse Interactive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A paycheck twice a month
    If you are moderately good you shouldn't have to worry about being let go
    if you're a company about to go out of business they will probably buy you

Cons

Below market pay
    Bad and expensive benefits
    Don't match 401k at all - excuse seems to be we're a Canadian company and don't get 401k funding
    Not enough resources in any group, especially R&D, product management and marketing

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing to make a lot of money for yourself and your board while watching your customer base slowly but surely go elsewhere

"Stuck in the past"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

I worked at Enghouse Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good, friendly people overall, always willing to help.

Cons

Upper management out of touch, questionable decisions made, stuck in the past not willing to make changes

Advice to Management

Be willing to make changes and not be so cheap

"A good job if your willing to put in the work"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Enghouse Interactive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They treated me well the hours where great and they had all the main holidays off which was always an add bonus. I was able to work with every all levels of people in the company from a new hire to the CEO. The pay wasn't bad and better then some companies. All in all I enjoyed my time at Enghouse and I would work for them again.

Cons

The office life wasn't always amazing but they where in the process of getting that change whenI left.

Advice to Management

Work on building a better team atmosphere. More BBQ and parties

8. "Good in acquisitions, bad in business development"

Current Employee - Regional Manager, Russia & CIS in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Regional Manager, Russia & CIS in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Enghouse Interactive (More than a year)

Pros

Good in new business acquisitions, probably right place to work for financial advisers

Cons

Small company trying to be global - bot good in international technical and operational support worldwide

"Happy Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Enghouse Interactive full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have read some of these reviews lately and I have to wonder if these people work for the same company I do. I have always felt empowered to make a difference. Environment is flexible and friendly. My opinions and contributions have always been valued. There has consistently been merit increases every year since I have worked here, even during the recession years when other companies were cutting back salaries.

Cons

Over the last 5 years, the office culture has diminished. I still value my work but the "air" in the office is not as electric as it once was. There is not as much teamwork and sense of overall purpose in the company. Strong leadership would easily turn this around.

"Great Contact Center Software Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Enghouse Interactive full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Financially rock solid, dynamic, competitive, global software company. Competitive salaries, reasonable benefits. I've worked for Enghouse for many years in different capacities and am very excited for the future of the organization. Enghouse regularly acquires companies around the global in desirable markets in its industry. The technical challenges are great and I feel like I produce valued output.

Cons

Enghouse is a distributed organization with employees in various offices and remote locations, which make it difficult to have face to face conversations and team gatherings. Some elements of the organization are not yet as integrated as they could be.

11. "Lead Accounts Receivable Specialist"

Current Employee - Lead Accounts Receivable Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Lead Accounts Receivable Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Casual atmosphere, flexible hours. Great co-workers. There is no micro-management. The A/R team is actually team oriented and the office is a fun environment. The work is interesting and never boring.

Cons

Benefits could be a little better