Engility "tasc" Reviews | Glassdoor

Engility Employee Reviews about "tasc"

Updated Jan 5, 2019

3.3
Engility Chief Executive Officer Lynn Dugle
Lynn Dugle
Pros
Cons
  • "Took much longer than necessary to provide raises; the merger with TASC is only an excuse for so long(in 21 reviews)

• "401k match compares poorly to competition(in 20 reviews)

Reviews about "tasc"

Return to all Reviews

"Feel Appreciated"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Engility full-time

Pros

People say Thank You. I have worked similar places, but this is the most appreciative culture. I thought they might be snobbier here (Former TASC) but it is very nice.

Cons

Most of the work I see is in classified areas where you don't have contact with the outside world all day. I do think it makes us more productive while we are here, but it leaves us all wound up.

Advice to Management

Require people to take vacation. Not just the usual "use it or lose it" PTO policy, but get the people out of the office and disconnected. It is a best practice for reducing Insider Threat as well.

Engility2018-10-02

"SAIC acquisition of Engility"

Current Employee - Director in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Engility full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Att this point, unless you have no other job opportunities, Engility is not the place. Legacy TASC was the basis for Engility’s success. SAIC is not taking the TASC business unit leadership forward into the new company.

Cons

SAIC is buying Engility for its IC contracts and SAIC leadership doesn’t care about the people at all. They made no effort to get to know any Engility employees below the VP level. CEO Dugle only cares about her pay out.

Advice to Management

Beyond advice. The board should look hard at how Engility and SAIC are handling the transition.

Engility2019-01-06

"Engility"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Engility full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

common benefits nothing special

Cons

was TASC, when bought by Engility, things went down hill

Advice to Management

better monitor third party benefit providers. They make things as difficult as they can to explain an unnecessarily cost

Engility2018-03-15

"Good people and work, but depressing outlook"

Current Employee - Lead Software Development Engineer

I have been working at Engility full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good direct management, very interesting work. Pay excellent. People are supportive, team-oriented and generally quite passionate about the technical aspects of their work.

Cons

Upper management constantly reshuffling. Our group has had so many upper managers in the last four years we lost count. Admin staff is underpaid and has high turnover. Very focused on only bidding huge contracts rather growing work from smaller ones. There has been some improvement after the TASC merge and the hiring of a new CEO, but the company is bleeding talented people they inherited from legacy companies. Benefits package is good if you plan to work here less than 5 years, but after that it is static.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to streamline operations and banding disparate groups together in huge contracts. Let these small groups bid on small projects that could build to something bigger.

Engility2017-10-14
  5. "Improving employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Huachuca, AZ

I have been working at Engility full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

After acquisition of TASC, Engility listened to employees and improved benefits.

Cons

Not a large footprint in the Southern Arizona area.

Advice to Management

More aggressively seek contracts in the Southern Arizona area to enable employees local growth options.

Engility2017-09-25

"Same as all the other govt contractors"

I have been working at Engility full-time

Pros

Engility has been winning a lot of contracts based on low-bid and buying up a lot of the smaller competing companies. They've also been trying to establish themselves within the competitive govt contractor space by buying smaller longstanding companies like TASC.

Cons

Depends on which program you are on, however I feel like they're like every other government contractor - you're just a number and sit at the customer site to fill a billet. Middle management is stretched too thin. I sit at a customer site and can never track down my direct supervisor and never receive any sort of feedback.

Advice to Management

Mgmt should ensure that you are a valued employee and not just another warm body filling a seat to make money from your govt customer. Show the employee that there is growth potential and stay connected with them.

Engility2017-07-26

"Operations Research Analyst"

I worked at Engility full-time for more than a year

Pros

Almost everyone is really nice!

Cons

Management made poor hiring and firing decisions. Took much longer than necessary to provide raises; the merger with TASC is only an excuse for so long. Unequal pay for women. PM was a lazy, sexist, functioning alcoholic whom the company kept on for way too long.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people because you desperately need to fill a role last week. Always be looking; figure out a way to hire people even if a contract hasn't opened up for them yet. Treat women better.

Engility2017-06-23

"BD/Capture Manager"

I worked at Engility full-time

Pros

Met some nice people before lay off after lay off

Cons

Hostile environment where 4 acquisitions at once created a snake pit. TASC was excellent, Engility wanted low margins, overhead etc. huge clash with TASC.

Advice to Management

They have ALL turned over so it might be better now.

Engility2017-06-06

"Great for the semi-retired"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Engility full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

SETA work is fairly low stress. You are working with the government and the government works very slowly

Cons

It doesn't seem like there is much opportunity to advance. TASC/Engility seems to have won several SETA contracts, in part, because the were the lowest bidder. The downside to that is that TASC makes the same amount of money off you during the entire length of the contract. And so they say that they don't have any money to give for raises. Frustrating.

Advice to Management

Not sure.

Engility2017-06-09

"The Bizzaro World"

I have been working at Engility full-time

Pros

Some great people still remain, but they've been beaten down by the culture of negativity that is pervasive throughout the company. They have free coffee...and that's where the good aspects of the company end.

Cons

When I was hired, the company had more than 5200 employees...when I left, it was about 1500...what does that tell you about their success as a company? what does that tell you about their ability to win and keep contracts? To attract and retain talented employees? It's a 'butts in seats' company that is bottom feeding on talent/salary at a time when the industry is booming and paying competitive salaries for talent. TASC worked hard to merge with Engility because nobody else wanted to buy them in 2014- even ManTech took one look and passed on it. And since the merger, the problems have gotten worse. The company is a joke. In a word, pass on this company, too many problems at a time when there are too many other good companies out there. These guys are ALWAYS 3 or 4 years behind the business curve.

Advice to Management

If your goal is to lose people, lose contracts and lose money...you're doing a GREAT job! You're the hockey players who shoot the puck into their own net; the football team that runs the ball into their own end zone. At this point, your best hope is to wait to see if someone will buy you and merge...otherwise, change the name to BearingPoint-you're the same hot mess they were before Deloitte bought them on the cheap.

Engility2017-03-28