England Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Jason Beardall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The culture is one of hard work and accountability (in 17 reviews)

• Great people work there and great management team (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • That being said, many account managers frequently work after hours and holidays from home (in 21 reviews)

• Excessive upper management focus vs (in 11 reviews)

"They care"

I have been working at England Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great work family, understanding, advancement

Cons

outdated policies, some bad reviews and I don't really know why

Advice to Management

Employees need more freedom and trust. Give them freedom and success always follows.

"A++ Culture"

I have been working at England Logistics full-time

Pros

This is the first company I have worked for that "walks" and "talks" their culture and core values. The company promotes from within the majority of the time.

England Logistics is great at teambuilding, employee career and personal development.

This company celebrates successes for the company, team or individuals!

Cons

Salaries are not in line with the area; however, coming to work and going home happy makes it worth it for me.

Advice to Management

Raise salaries to be more in line with the area standards for each particular position.

"Trial By Fire...Sometimes"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at England Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Expertise around you
    Step-by-step process for training and ramp attainment
    Expectations are made with Supervisor on each team

Cons

Growing expectations on ramp attainment is too steep
    If I put the work in, but do not see volume or MPL, I am met with scrutiny

Advice to Management

Allow a less steep ramp attainment at the AM1 level

"Enjoy my job and team. If you have a desire to work hard and be rewarded this is the place for you."

Current Employee - Management in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Management in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at England Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team to work with. Open communication from Sr Leadership. Have a great leadership development program. They incorporate fun at the workplace and are great at applauding good work.

Cons

7am-4 if you don't like early but you get used to it. Fast paced and intense sometimes do you must be a hard worker and not expect to skate thru a career.

"Great opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at England Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- I had little job prospects a little over a year ago. They gave me a chance at EL, and it has been amazing. If you are willing to put in the work to learn and progress, you'll be successful here.
    - Great atmosphere that drives you to succeed
    - You can really feel appreciated for the efforts you put in day in and day out, even when the results aren't quite what were desired. Management, though very numbers driven, does recognize the hard work employees put in.
    - Sales kickers and prizes can be great
    - Management knows who you are. The President knows you and when he sees you, he can call you by name. You have a meeting with him within the first month of being hired, which is great to see his vision and understand where he is trying to take the company. That is rather uncommon for many companies.
    - Open communication with senior management is available (some struggle with this, but overall it is good)
    - The environment and building is comfortable and makes for a nice place to work
    - If you show you have a desire to improve and grow, management is willing to listen. There is always an upside to EL.
    - There are always activities going on, free food days (my favorite), and celebrations for successes. These act as a great pick-me-up during tough weeks
    - Family oriented and the work/life balance is very well respected
    - I've already brought a few people to EL. I'd recommend it to anyone!

Cons

- High turnover. It can wear on you as you see people come and go quickly.
    - It really can be the luck of the draw as far as getting a good manager and on a good team (that is with any company, but is relevant for sure to EL).
    - Limited growth opportunity if you want to get into management. Unless someone from management quits or a new team is started (which isn't often), you could wait a good bit of time to move up, if at all. That is standard with most companies, but there is a definite ceiling for growth.
    - A lot of talking goes on within the company. Its best to keep your thoughts in your head. If they are shared, there is no telling where your thoughts will reach.
    - Benefits are below average. Say bye to your paycheck if you want any type of decent coverage.
    - Many issues that arise are brushed under the table instead of actually being resolved.
    - Training at the beginning can be rough. Most of your learning (product knowledge, industry tactics, etc) will come on the fly when you actually start and are with your team/coach.

Advice to Management

- Reward the "top dogs." Sales is more than just numbers. AMs push for the reward. So make the reward great, and the best AMs will produce even more. Unfortunately, you can't always expect someone in a sales position to do something because "its their job." If you do, people will coast and relax. If you want constant production, reward those that put in the extra work to produce
    - Most times, you get what you pay for. Better compensation on the managerial level or leadership roles brings better talent/experience (growth from within as well as attracting outside talent). Can't always have the "get as much as possible for as little as possible" attitude
    - Senior management - When rolling out new policies/ideas, make sure to announce it all at once to those that are involved/affected. Many changes are given to direct manager to announce to their teams. This causes the policies to be presented in different ways, creating conflict and disruption within teams. That can be avoided by directors announcing changes once, and clearing up questions from the beginning.

"Evolving & Growing Company"

Current Employee - Manager in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Manager in Livonia, MI

I have been working at England Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

England Logistics has a family culture with great work life balance. They are very focused on helping each employee develop themselves into a better, more effective employee by providing strategic one on one planning sessions with supervisors.

Cons

Technology needs some work for the next level of growth leadership is driving and anticipates.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay true and unified in the direction for the organization to allow the culture to continue to grow.

"Excellent Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at England Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

England Logistics is a great place to work, there's a great culture, the people you work with are helpful/friendly/funny, and I honestly enjoy coming to work each day. Management sets lofty goals for the company, but also helps their employees achieve both personal and professional goals. It's a very supportive work environment and management welcomes feedback. The pay is competitive, and people with a good work ethic will thrive and promote quickly. I've been working here since December 2016 and have already hit my first promotion (first of May 2017). The company takes time for fun too, we had our annual kick-off with George Hill (the Jazz player) and just finished up our company dodgeball tournament. Apply/interview/come work here!

Cons

Onboarding could use a little work, my manager did an excellent job training me, but the company overall could use a little more streamlined onboarding.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

I have been here for 7 months now and I love coming to work every day.
    This is a great place to work management is great and everyone we work with.
    It is like a family here and we have so much fun.
    I plan to stay here.
    Great place to work.

Cons

I don't have any cons

9. "Adele and Bruno Mars ALL DAY!"

Current Employee - Capacity/Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Capacity/Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at England Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

England Logistics has been a good company to work for the last two years. Benefits are decent, pay for sales jobs is on par after commission, but about six months ago some genius in upper management thought it would be a good idea to install speakers throughout the building and play music all day in a work environment that requires talking on the phone or deep concentration on other tasks. Customers have even asked me what the heck I'm listening to!

Cons

I'm in the biggest department in the company and most employees in my dept hate the music, especially the same 5-7 songs that play everyday, all-day. It turned this place into a poor work environment overnight. If they have to play music, they should at least play music without words. The execs don't care because the music doesn't play in their offices, or in the boardrooms.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees and stop the music. Telling employees who can't focus to put ear plugs in, or to move desks is unprofessional.

"World Class Culture"

Current Employee - Learning and Development Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Learning and Development Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at England Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

England Logistics has a world class culture. Though this is a very competitive environment, everyone is genuinely willing to jump in and help out anyone. Our new employees are always pleasantly surprised when that actually happens. Management at England Logistics sees themselves as a talent development company. They are very focused on helping each employee develop themselves into a better, more effective employee by providing continuous training and strategic one on one planning sessions with supervisors. They are constantly looking to promote their employees and seek to fill positions internally first.

Cons

Transportation never stops, not even for holidays. That being said, many account managers frequently work after hours and holidays from home. Not that they're required to, but it provides their customers with excellent customer service. For an unfocused and under-motivated person, it can feel like England Logistics chews you up and spits you out. However, if you're properly motivated this can be a very rewarding job.

Advice to Management

Stay unified in the direction you want middle and front line managers to coach their teams.