Enhancv Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 11, 2018

4.9
Dimitar Vouldjeff

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A company that excels at fostering personal growth, company culture, and communication"

Current Employee - Content Creator and Strategist in Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Current Employee - Content Creator and Strategist in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I have been working at Enhancv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enhancv took me on as someone with talent and potential, but without a very clear idea how to apply my skills to have an impact. In my first year at the company, they created an environment where I've felt supported to develop my skills, identify opportunities, and generally become impact-driven and self reliant. All the while, the company culture of open communication and support has helped both in my professional development and personal satisfaction. I genuinely feel the company cares about me and have become extremely motivated to help it succeed in turn. All in all, I can say this is the best job I've had in my 13 years of working.

Cons

The company leadership has been in transition for around 9 months, which has resulted in some difficulties communicating a vision and leading towards it. The excellent quality of the employees has thus far balanced this, but there's still a need for the company leadership to develop more in its role.

Advice to Management

As written above, I feel there's a greater need to communicate a vision, goals, etc. and to keep everyone in the company up to date on how we're achieving those goals. The gap between leadership and everyone else needs to be more effectively bridged.

2. "This is the place I want to be"

Current Employee - Developer in Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Current Employee - Developer in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I have been working at Enhancv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

An amazing team! This is the sentence that explains what Enhancv is. A company with a great mission and opportunities. Everyone would always help you when you need something and it's a company where the leadership team really cares about your personal and professional development.

Cons

Sometimes we don't know what to do and of course, there is no one that will sit and tell you "do this, this and this". It's your job to look and think what to do next helping the company grow in a positive direction.

3. "Amazing product, amazing people"

Current Employee - Media Relations in Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Current Employee - Media Relations in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I have been working at Enhancv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I used Enhancv to create my resume, I knew I'd love to work for a company with a product like this. In almost 2 years, I've talked to a bunch of our customers whose life and career changed for the better thanks to it - it's really energizing!
    What I love the most is the team I work with. Everyone is so different but similar at the same time. You get support, opportunity to grow, mentorship, and friendships. I am always encouraged to find balance in work and life, as well as do what I love in my free time.

Cons

The company goes through a lot of changes. We test different strategies, tools, and working methods, which can sometimes feel overwhelming. On the other hand, everyone became a real expert in dealing with and accepting change as a way to grow.

4. "The growth power of the change"

Current Employee - Culture and Operations Specialist in Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Current Employee - Culture and Operations Specialist in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I have been working at Enhancv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast developing company with millions of opportunities for growth both for the company and the people in it.
    Amazing and meaningful product that actually changes people's lives.
    Challenging, caring environment, friendly and people oriented managers. Every one has the equal opportunity to develop their core skills and to obtain new.

Cons

You have to do your work with your whole heart which sometimes might be draining and quite demanding.
    Working in a small and young team - a bit blurry boundaries between fun and professional.

Advice to Management

Keep patiently and persistently grow this amazing team :)

5. "I feel proud when I'm around my colleagues"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I have been working at Enhancv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel I belong to a carefully selected team of young and bright people, all really motivated to do something meaningful. We're not really into hierarchies. Instead, everyone acts as the CEO of their project. This is a very empowering feeling, which helped me grow a lot, professionally and personally.

Cons

Working in a startup is very different from a corporate job, and since I tend to enjoy a rather clear structure, I needed a bit of adjustment in the beginning. I had to make myself comfortable with building processes, instead of using them. I feel like I'm making a bigger difference for the company this way, though.

6. "Great team with fun and dedicated people!"

Current Employee - Digital Strategist in Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Current Employee - Digital Strategist in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I have been working at Enhancv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with the company for 2 years now and this is the first time when I haven't spent even a second contemplating new position offers. The team is great and the company makes sure employees are happy and are growing in personal and professional terms. The most important thing to me is that there is no blame game being played - everyone has a high sense of ownership and is ready to help others. Finally, the founders are really great at managing people, making sure you feel appreciated, valued, and motivated.

As for the product - having 500,000 users is a sure proof that there's a lot of potential for growth. As a marketer, it's a very challenging project to work on, but also a great place to test new ideas, as having this level of adoption makes experimenting easier.

Cons

It is a growing company, so if you're expecting a place with set roles and where you get all the answers from your lead, that won't happen. Get ready to figure stuff out on the go, deal with ambiguity and take on challenges.

7. "Great atmosphere incredible people"

Former Employee - Developer in Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Former Employee - Developer in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I worked at Enhancv (Less than a year)

Pros

Very talented, passionate and friendly people. I've seen this said for many a company, but in this one I actually felt it. Through culture, branding and luck they have managed to attract incredible specialists in their fields and had team-building practices that I haven't seen anywhere else - company week-long retreats (Power Weeks), along with the general events and parties, and feeling of friendship among the people working there.

Cons

I found the developers' task prioritisation and general growth mindset lacking there and the company straying further and further away from "The Joel Test". Inability to prioritise clearing technical debt and investment in cleaner solutions. It is still workable with CI, comprehensive test suite and using terraform for deployment, but that was built mostly despite leadership priorities, not because of them.

Advice to Management

Spend some of the company's resources on team members growth, both as money and time, and consider it an investment, not a cost.