Enlivant 273 Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Enlivant Chief Executive Officer Jack Callison
Jack Callison

Pros
  • Enlivant is passionate about its employees, residents and families (in 15 reviews)

• Enlivant is a company that is true to their core values, vision and mission (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Were do We Begin the respones from HR continue to be the same, and upper management continues to ignore (in 18 reviews)

• Both regional management at this time are all about heads in beds and are not genuine good people at heart (in 8 reviews)

"Med aide"

Current Employee - MEd Aide in Abilene, TX
    Current Employee - MEd Aide in Abilene, TX

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work here to help others and to make a difference in someones life. If im off the next day residents ask me where were you we missed you. That me feel good and i love my job im dedicated and always willing to help if we're short handed. We work as a team and get our residents the best care they need.

Cons

Its hectic at times and stressful

Advice to Management

I think we have improvement and its getting better for our residents. Teamwork has improved also i love working for enlivant

Mar 24, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy that you enjoy working for Enlivant. We truly value employees like you who are making a difference in the lives of seniors each and ... More

2. "Love this company!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work/life balance is great. I have heard some people complain about how there's a lack of it, but the company is very generous with time off. I also love the people - such a great group!

Cons

Nothing that I can think of at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep it up - absolutely love working here.

Mar 24, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy that you enjoy working for Enlivant. We truly value your feedback!

"Executive Director"

Former Employee - Executive Director
    Former Employee - Executive Director

I worked at Enlivant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enlivant has amazing Values. I enjoyed my time while working with such an amazing Regional and Divisional team. I was very sad to leave but was offered a job closer to my home.

Cons

I really can't think of anything

Advice to Management

Continue the listening tours.

Mar 22, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy that you enjoyed working for Enlivant. We truly value your feedback.

"Senior Living Game Changer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enlivant is going to be a game changer in senior living. With the change in ownership and leadership, this is a company and brand you can be proud of. We have made a lot of changes at a very fast pace which can cause a lot of growing pains. However, we are focused not just on getting great business results but also building and developing great leaders and serving our residents. The regional and divisional teams are hands on - supportive, empowering and not afraid to try new things. It is refreshing to work for a company that isn't bound by the old barriers of an industry and doing what's best for its employees and residents.

Cons

With so much change and work to do, there are a lot of growing pains. During tough times, we have to stick together and focus on the basics. As is most things in life, the best approach is the simplest.

Advice to Management

Continue to instill trust and empower your community, regional and divisional leaders.

Mar 15, 2017 – HR Generalist

6. "You're gona need a 2nd job"

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Getting to know the residents, and their families. Not continuously fast paced, can catch your breath once in a while.

Cons

Lowest pay in the industry. 150% employee turnover in 10 months, management responds by doubling down on their tactics, rather than try a new approach.

Advice to Management

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Enlivant full-time

Pros

Couldnt find a more caring group from the Resident Care Providers and nurses to our current management and regional team that we now have been blessed with!

Cons

Can't find any downside to the direction we are going

Advice to Management

Keep listening to staff ideas together we are turning Monroe Place into the best place to live and work

Mar 10, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your positive feedback and for supporting Enlivant’s mission to enrich lives through building meaningful relationships and vibrant communities. Keep up the great work!

"Better than all rest!"

Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mission and Company Values driven Leadership. The culture is open and secure enough to create an environment where fresh ideas and views can be shared at all levels of the organization.

Cons

None really, we continue to focus on our areas that need more attention. Enlivant isn't afraid to admit and discuss where the areas of opportunity are. Like every Company, Enlivant isn't perfect, but we have a great time serving our Residents and it's HARD WORK!

Advice to Management

Continue to remain focused on the Mission, and always strive to provide support to the field and refrain from adding more reports to the daily routine.

Mar 3, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your positive feedback and for supporting Enlivant’s mission to enrich lives through building meaningful relationships and vibrant communities. We are happy that you enjoy working for ... More

"Was Recruited Over Two Years Ago and So Happy I Decided to Join this Company"

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are the best part. I love who I get to work with every day. The company is growing intelligently and in line with their mission, vision and values. The culture is very supportive, and we take our core value of FUN very seriously. My career offers me opportunities to stay challenged, be passionate and make a difference.

Cons

As a growing company, there are, naturally, growing pains. But I've never worked for a company that not only asks for feedback but implements change accordingly. For those who like to contribute their experience and creativity towards innovation rather than follow a prescribed path, this is a good fit. For those who want everything laid out perfectly and a tool or policy for every eventuality, we're not there yet and you may find that frustrating.

Advice to Management

Keep listening and always pay attention to industry compensation standards so that we continue to attract top talent, from our all-important front line team to management.

Mar 1, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy that you enjoy working for Enlivant. We appreciate your advice to management and we are always looking for ways to improve. We truly ... More

"Love Enlivant"

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined Enlivant because I wanted to be part of a turn around. I wanted to be part of a company from the beginning. Jack and Dan's leadership is so motivating. Love supporting and developing the community teams.

Cons

Is it hard work? Yes of course, you can't be part of a turn around without a lot of change and hard work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the culture drive.... Visit communities often...Simplify...

Mar 1, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are happy that you enjoy working for Enlivant. We appreciate your suggestions and are always looking for ways to improve.

"Residents and employees thrive with Enlivant"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Director

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enlivant has helped me grow professionally in an accelerated rate. The executive leadership has shown a vested interest in my success while offering me new challenges. At Enlivant you become family! Expect to be greeted with a hug in a community and at our support center!

Cons

Work/Life blend can be a challenge at times, however, with the generous vacation policy, you are able to recharge when needed.

Mar 1, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We’re happy to hear you find the work rewarding. We truly value employees like you who are making a difference in the lives of seniors each and ... More