Enlivant Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Enlivant Chief Executive Officer Jack Callison
Jack Callison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You will find that everyone in this organization truly follows the clear mission, vision and values (in 17 reviews)

• Enlivant is a company that is true to their core values, vision and mission (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management was just as bad (in 20 reviews)

• As in all Healthcare roles - work life balance is often a challenge (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Executive Director"

Former Employee - Executive Director in Reading, PA
    Former Employee - Executive Director in Reading, PA

I worked at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful corporate and regional support. Working for 3 former large chains enlivant doesn't just talk the talk, they walk the walk. Very good benefit package and compassion is the name of their game.

Cons

As typical with a growing company they are aware of their shortcomings which are few. Nothing out of the ordinary with a growing company that focuses on resident and staff values.

Advice to Management

Stay your course and you will exceed you're already high expectations.

May 4, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your review. We’re happy to hear you found working at Enlivant rewarding. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

2. "Great company with an awesome mission, vision and values"

Current Employee - Community Relations Manager in Newburgh, IN
    Current Employee - Community Relations Manager in Newburgh, IN

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enriching the lives of our residents on a daily basis. Making an impact in someone's life. Rewarding profession.

Cons

The downside to any job in healthcare is that it is 24/7.

Advice to Management

Keep offering special incentives to staff.

3. "CNA"

Current Employee - CNA in Newburgh, IN
    Current Employee - CNA in Newburgh, IN

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We are a great team

Cons

We don't have any we have a great team

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

4. "Still the best place I've worked..."

I have been working at Enlivant full-time

Pros

It's mission, vision, and values are the northstar of this company. They haven't been baked everywhere yet... but it's steady progress. I encourage those who aren't on board with progress and positive change to move on. And those who are fired up to work for a great company and also serve wonderful residents...Let's go!

Cons

There are still a lot of nay-sayers hanging on. They make positive change tough on everyone else. Also, the company continues to slowly and thoughtfully find ways to better create a win-win for residents and employees. I'm impatient and wish it were perfect, but realize change is hard and constant, purposeful progress is best.

Advice to Management

Don't get down from the reviews. Everyone has an opinion. You're doing a great job... just keep focusing on MVV, constant communications, and finding/retaining the right kind of people. You're compassion and leadership come through.

"Executive Director"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Newburgh, IN
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Newburgh, IN

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mission, Vision Values! Best Company I've ever worked with!

Cons

None that I can find

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Muncie, IN
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Muncie, IN

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working for Enlivant Senior Living in Muncie, Ind. The residents are so wonderful and welcoming. They can turn youe worst day into a great day, by their smiling at you, giving you a hug or just letting you vent.
    I love my co-workers without them my job would be two-three times harder. We all get along and help each other out.
    My CSM (DON) and administrator have open door policy, and this is one thing that I love about them. They will let me vent, let me know if I have messed up and when needed will give the staff a "good job" on the back when warranted.
    When we have a tour, I will introduced myself, let the tour know what I do, and ask who they are thinking about having joining our residents.
    When I speak with the tour group, I always try to ask if there i an animal (dog, cat) and tell them that if I was looking for an assisted living Lynd Place would be my first choice, due to the fact that as Iong as I am able to take care of my animal, they allow pets to remain with their owners.
    I love to joke with the residents and they will turn around and joke with me. They are the sunshine in my life and the smile on my face.

Cons

Having to do those stupid in-services. Some are so time consuming. Communication with other shifts. Day shift have a "morning meeting" but not everything gets passed on to the next shift that might important to the next 2 shifts.

Advice to Management

To keep supporting their staff. Listening to their staff. To take action when warranted and to enforce the policy, as outlined in the handbook.
    To take our the suggestions recommendations seriously.

"Love My Work Family"

Current Employee - Certfied Nursing Assistant in Madison, IN
    Current Employee - Certfied Nursing Assistant in Madison, IN

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Today marks one year working at Jewel Place Assisted Living. I never thought I would love my job so much, but I do! I love my Jewel Place family!

Cons

Appreciate the recent facility renovations.

8. "CNA"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaufort, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaufort, SC

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great residents, ratio of residents to caregivers is awesome, direct deposit. Good benefits. Some pretty great people to work with.

Cons

Just like any other place, there are some good & some not so good workers. The communication between workers and management could be better. Quite a bit of workplace drama.

"Regional Care Service Director"

I have been working at Enlivant full-time

Pros

Teamwork between all communities is excetional.

Cons

really enjoys everything about Enlivant.

Sep 20, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy that you enjoy working for Enlivant. We truly value employees like you who are making a difference in the lives of seniors each and... More

"RN-CARE SERVICES MANAGER"

Former Employee - RN in Oak Creek, WI
    Former Employee - RN in Oak Creek, WI

I worked at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Executive Director I worked with was a breathe of fresh air. ED was always willing to jump in feet first whenever the community was short. The other RN's in other communities were supportive . The residents were all delightful and I could not have been more blessed to care for them. A lot of the Resident Care Partners, although less experienced, showed that there number one priority was to the residents. I believe there is room for growth to everyone who enters into the communities as a team member but the Corporation needs to do more to recognize talent at the lower levels.

Cons

Although Enlivants mission, vision and values encompass who I am as an individual, there were not enough Regional members who did everything they could to make the mission and values come alive. In the communities, the nurses are expected to manage all resident care, become the chef, Resident Director and Resident Care Partner at a moments notice. I am a nurse above any of these other expectations and would never want the compassion and care I am able to provide to lack because of the need to fill an empty position just to get the community through the day. I do believe that if families knew the the Regional Team was okay with leaving 2 team members to run a community on any given shift, I am most certain your apartments would be empty. The most difficult challenge for me was agreeing to allow residents who needed more care than the community could provide, to move into the apartments. The Regional Team places great emphasis on OCCUPANY, OCCUPANCY, OCCUPANCY, than they do on quality care for the Occupants.

Advice to Management

I am aware that several of the communities now have no nurse. Perhaps the Regional Team would do well to meet with the remaining nurses to find out how to hire and retain good nurses like the ones you have already lost. My advice, better monetary compensation, actual allotted personal time off, stop having 1 nurse On-call for 24 hours a day and finally, ensure that the Health Services Department has more than 1 nurse for 2 shifts. Heed the review and see your corporation excel.

Oct 6, 2017 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your employment experience at Enlivant. We are truly sorry that you didn’t have a great experience working here and we would like the opportunity to speak... More