Enlivant Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Enlivant Chief Executive Officer Jack Callison
Jack Callison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "It's mission vision and values really gave meaning to what it's employees did" (in 20 reviews)

• "This company truly lives by its CORE values everyday and gives much encouragement for us to do the same with our teams" (in 28 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Regional Director of Operations"

Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mission, Vision and Values still remain front and center in our daily operations even with our continued growth as a Company. The company continues to reward strong performance and support the teams in the field, which needs to be a focus that remains consistent for the long term success of any organization.

Cons

Ensure that the Support Center remains a support to the Community Leadership Teams. Happy to see the company investing in more effective daily processes to make the lives simpler of the leadership teams.

Advice to Management

Continue to push the Support Center members out to the field and into the Communities. Always great to remind everyone in Senior Living what we actually do on a daily basis. It’s People serving People!

Jun 21, 2018 – HR Coordinator

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It's great to see our Mission, Vision and Values show through our daily actions. Thanks for continuously helping us strive to reach our vision of being the nation's... More

"Great company through and through."

Current Employee - Med Tech in Garden City, ID
    Current Employee - Med Tech in Garden City, ID

I have been working at Enlivant part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Friendly environment, outstanding Management who really cares for employees and residents. Great pay and wonderful residents.

Cons

Can be physically demanding at times, but usually not an issue as staff are all team players.

Advice to Management

Doing great!

Jun 21, 2018 – Sr HR Coordinator

Thanks for your positive feedback. We are so glad to hear you enjoy working for Enlivant with great team players and supportive management. We value employees like you who are making a difference in... More

"Mediocre teetering on Disappointing experiences"

Former Employee - Many Hats
    Former Employee - Many Hats

I worked at Enlivant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited PTO (which is then used against you), decent corporate support staff (if you can build the rapport with them). Ultimately working with the seniors and their families made this job rewarding!

Cons

Lack of communication from the top down, once there is communication it is cryptic and no reasoning is provided. Resources are available willy nilly. Support for nursing management is non-existent as the nurse has to practically kill someone before there is anything found “wrong” with the nurse’s performance. Can’t get rid of a bad nurse because there aren’t any better ones in the company. Care staff aren’t stupid and can see this lack of performance but know hands are tied. Mission, Vision, Values are a game and if anyone has any decency left in their ethical standards, avoid Enlivant.

Advice to Management

Less talk, more action. Less fluff and more substance to the residents well-being. Less drinking at corporate functions (or at least have employees pay for their own alcohol). Streamline processes, automate more financial reports to aid in productivity.

"Solid company and leadership with the right Mission, Vision and Values"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President of Operations in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President of Operations in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enlivant continues to hold true to its Mission, Vision and Values which allows the company to attract and retain top talent in the senior living industry as well as gain solid team members from outside of the industry looking for a meaningful career where they can make a difference in the lives of others. Senior management is exceptionally supportive of field operations and teams have great flexibility to drive their business forward. Career advancement opportunities are available for every employee wanting to grow with the company. Serving our nation's seniors is an honor as is working with so many dedicated people who believe in what we do. A true sense of family exists among community, regional and divisional teams that allow employees to feel a part of something very special. Great place to work to be recognized, valued and appreciated while contributing to the continued positive evolution of a mission driven company.

Cons

Challenges are easy to overcome with a committed team working with you. Though it may be tough, at times, to find the right talent, committing to individual personal development helps retain employees as well as attract new employees.

Advice to Management

Stay consistent, continually develop and upgrade talent and invest in your teams as you always have.

Jun 21, 2018 – Sr HR Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We're so happy you enjoy working for Enlivant. We appreciate your feedback and advice as we are always looking for ways to improve.

"An absolute joke of a company"

Current Employee - Resident Care Partner in Houma, LA
    Current Employee - Resident Care Partner in Houma, LA

I have been working at Enlivant part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Caring for the residents and all of their needs.

Cons

Money hungry, selfish, and incompetent management staff.

Advice to Management

Stop overpaying and hiring incompetent, selfish, rude, lazy and childish management staff. It’s clear to see the only goal of the management staff is to fill seats and collect their bonuses. After a resident has moved in, their existence will rarely be acknowledged by management staff.

"Care service manager"

Current Employee - Care Service Manager in Surprise, AZ
    Current Employee - Care Service Manager in Surprise, AZ

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Residents are wonderful. I loved getting to know them and their families.

Cons

No training, thrown in to sink or swim. No one in Mgt knew what they should be doing. Dangerous for residents. Management Gossip, cliques, lies from staff through to upper management. Very Disorganized, overworked, underpaid- averaged 100+ hours a week on salary. No recognition, no raises. Cut staff to save $1. ; A LOT of bullying, hostile work environment.

Advice to Management

Be professionals. Get some ethics and treat people like people. Not like money.

"Nurse"

I have been working at Enlivant full-time

Pros

Value work life balance and quality resident care

Cons

Must be able to wear multiple hats

Advice to Management

Appreciate the encouragement and support please keep it up

Jun 11, 2018 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for the feedback. We're glad to hear you are getting the encouragement and support you need. We'll keep it up!

"Good company in a growing industry"

Current Employee - Senior Contracts Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Contracts Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Our "uniform" is bluejeans and whatever shirt you want. No gym shoes. That makes the morning easy. If one wants to wear a dress, its the customary inch below the knee rule. Modest dress. Office is open and clean. The people are great!

If you do not like helping people, dont bother to work here. This is a service industry that caters to the elderly. Their motto Compassion Humility Integrity Excellence Fun (CHIEF) is a way of life.

Cons

Turnover. But remember, their turnover is less than others in the industry.

Jun 11, 2018 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for your review and thank you for representing our CHIEF core values. We truly value employees like you who continue to make a difference in the lives of those we serve each and every day... More

"Executive director"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love this company. The core values are amazing and the company actually stands for them. This is truly an organization that cares for ALL of their employees. They are constantly trying to be more efficient and effective. My regional team is absolutely phenomenal and so is the higher level support. I love this company.

Cons

If I could say anything it would be the lack of labor hours through out some departments and software programming and reports could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Jun 11, 2018 – HR Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. It's great to hear your love for Enlivant’s core values and the company. Thank you again for making a positive difference in the lives of seniors... More

"Enlivant Rating"

Current Employee - Regional
    Current Employee - Regional

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company displays positive culture for all employees at all levels. Enlivant also provides much needed support for their team members to be able to succeed in a role. This support is from all levels from Regional on up to the corporate office

Cons

A fairly new company still working to implement changes in regards to the cosmetics of their communities which takes time, dedication, and financial backing. However, this company has proven their positive culture in ensuring employees, communities are getting their needs met.

May 24, 2018 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for your thoughts and feedback and for supporting Enlivant's mission to enrich lives through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities. Our employees are what drive our positive... More