Enlivant Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Enlivant Chief Executive Officer Jack Callison
Jack Callison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You will find that everyone in this organization truly follows the clear mission, vision and values (in 16 reviews)

• Enlivant is a company that is true to their core values, vision and mission (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Constant change in personnel including upper management (in 18 reviews)

• As in all Healthcare roles - work life balance is often a challenge (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Executive Director"

Former Employee - Executive Director in Reading, PA
    Former Employee - Executive Director in Reading, PA

I worked at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful corporate and regional support. Working for 3 former large chains enlivant doesn't just talk the talk, they walk the walk. Very good benefit package and compassion is the name of their game.

Cons

As typical with a growing company they are aware of their shortcomings which are few. Nothing out of the ordinary with a growing company that focuses on resident and staff values.

Advice to Management

Stay your course and you will exceed you're already high expectations.

May 4, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your review. We’re happy to hear you found working at Enlivant rewarding. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

"RCP (Resident Care Partner)"

Former Employee - Rcp in Bucyrus, OH
    Former Employee - Rcp in Bucyrus, OH

I worked at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment, great boss, amazing residents

Cons

get your running shoes on and back brace on

Advice to Management

needs a back bone, needs to stop accpeting 2 assist people, not enough staff

Jul 18, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy that you enjoy working for Enlivant. We truly value employees like you who are making a difference in the lives of seniors each and... More

"Developer"

Current Employee - Developer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Work life balance and compensation

Cons

Poor benefit and no training

"Good"

Former Employee - Rcp in Pampa, TX
    Former Employee - Rcp in Pampa, TX

I worked at Enlivant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Feel like your a part of something bigger than yourself, interact with people whom are much older and wiser

Cons

Poorly staffed causing periods of one person to 30 residents on the floor

5. "Maintenance Director"

Former Employee - Facilities Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Facilities Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Enlivant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There was none and company going backwards instead of forward

Cons

Management was horrible. Only want the rent

Advice to Management

Hire professional managers

"Regional Director of Care Services"

Current Employee - Regional Director of Care Services in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Care Services in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for Enlivant for 3+ years in a Regional role. The Company has never disappointed me. Focusing on the clear Mission Vision and Values Enlivant has proven to be the best Career choice I have ever made. The positive reinforcement and "do the right thing" attitude has held firm. This is a Senior Living Organization who is making a difference in the lives of our Elders and in the Employees who take care of them. Potential for Advancement has never been better! I look forward to continuing to grow with this Company!

Cons

Really - none. There are Challenges for each of us, but we work through them as a team. As in all Healthcare roles - work life balance is often a challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Jun 30, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy that you enjoy working for Enlivant. We truly value employees like you who embrace our mission, vision, and values. Let's keep going... More

"SALES MANAGER"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Residents were the whole reason I applied and worked for this company as long as I did. The staff that surrounded me were like family, and they cared deeply for the level of care that the Residents and their families received.

Cons

At the time I was employed, Enlivant was just taking over Assisted Living Concepts. It was unorganized, decisions were based on fear, and nobody seemed to remember the whole reason we were there in the first place-THE RESIDENTS.

Jul 6, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for the time you’ve taken to share your feedback with us. We value your concerns and would like to explore them further. If you are willing to provide additional information, we encourage... More

"Great Place to Live and Work!"

Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time

Pros

When I first interviewed for this position, I was awed by all I heard. I felt some of it had to be fluff. When I was offered the position and welcomed like family to the company by all, I kept thinking when will the honeymoon be over?
    I was wrong on both accounts. The support and values are the same 7 months later. This company truly lives by its CORE values everyday and gives much encouragement for us to do the same with our teams. I am afforded the opportunity to work autonomously but have the support I need when I have questions. I am so inspired by our management team both in my Division and at the Support Center. I could not be more satisfied professionally!

Cons

This company makes it hard to find cons. If there is one, it would be growing pains. We continue to strive daily to streamline policies, procedures and reporting and are on the fast track to the most trusted senior living provider in the nation!

Advice to Management

As someone who is driven and excited by forming great teams, I ask that you keep believing as you do in your employees. The support and trust felt is second to none.

May 12, 2017 – HR Generalist

"New to the industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was new to the assisted living industry when I joined Enlivant. It was the best decision I've made! I'm able to us my skills and knowledge to truly make a difference in peoples live. Very rewarding work and easy to stay motivated.

Cons

I feel that Enlivant is experiencing growing-pains of a new company. I wouldn't consider this a "con", but it might not be the right fit for everyone.

10. "Dreaded everyday I went to work as an ED"

Former Employee - Executive Director in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have nothing to say except the lessons I learned from a less than mediocre company that taught me life is too short. Dreaded every day I went to work

Cons

Everything. From staffing, lack of staffing, lack of pay, lack of support. Dallas area horrible experience. Got out and said I'm better than this. This company is a joke.

Advice to Management

Quit giving FAKE reviews. 5 star reviews = FAKE. 2 to 5 stars = TRUTH. Remember that and you'll go far in life.

Jul 5, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your employment experience at Enlivant. In order for us to strengthen our environment we would like the opportunity to further investigate the concerns... More