Enlivant Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Enlivant Chief Executive Officer Jack Callison
Jack Callison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Amazing company that truly lives by their mission statement, vision and values (in 18 reviews)

• This company truly lives by its CORE values everyday and gives much encouragement for us to do the same with our teams (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management was just as bad (in 22 reviews)

• As in all Healthcare roles - work life balance is often a challenge (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Monroe Place - Bloomington, Indiana"

Current Employee - Community Relations Manager in Bloomington, IN
    Current Employee - Community Relations Manager in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is such a great company that truly cares for our Senior population. After almost a year working at Monroe Place in Bloomington, Indiana.. I still feel so lucky to work here! My Regional leadership team supports me and constantly pushes me to grow. My goals and the goals of my teammates are clear, and we are encouraged to help each other and teach each other along the way. My teammates are WONDERFUL! But most of all, I really enjoy working for our residents, as we ALL feel like a great BIG family. It is such a good and rewarding feeling to help seniors. My role at Monroe Place keeps me busy all day long with always something FUN to do.

Cons

None that are notable at this time

Advice to Management

Keep thinking of our Seniors first, Keep providing development and training opportunities for us employees to shine and grow, Keep build trust in our Nation!

Nov 15, 2017 – Recruiting Systems Coordinator

Thank you for your positive feedback and for supporting Enlivant’s mission to enrich lives through building meaningful relationships and vibrant communities. We’re happy to hear you find the work... More

"Still Amazing!!"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Shelbyville, IN
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Shelbyville, IN

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work with the BEST team ever. Everyone is willing to work together for the right reasons...the residents! They suit up and show up with joy every day because they know that what they do matters!! Walker Place has embraced the core values of COMPASSION, HUMILITY, INTEGRITY, EXCELLENCE and FUN. SO proud to be a part of this amazing company!

Cons

None...it's all good! Walker strong! Enlivant Proud!!

Advice to Management

Remember to tell people what they do matters! It changes their world!

Feb 12, 2018 – Recruiting Systems Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy that you enjoy working for Enlivant. We truly value employees like you who are making a difference in the lives of seniors each and... More

3. "Communities vary by culture"

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Getting to interact with various professionals, residents and families while working to maximize their health status and comfort.

Cons

Communities tend to be micro-managed from upper management. There is little regard for individual market differences.

Advice to Management

Perhaps to listen more closely to those in each market,

Feb 12, 2018 – Recruiting Systems Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your concern and hope you will discuss this issues with local management. If you are willing to provide additional information, we encourage you to... More

4. "Just till something better came"

Former Employee - Resident Care Associate in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Resident Care Associate in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Enlivant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Started with good hours and building good relationships with patients

Cons

Management is rude they cut hours and destroy pay

Advice to Management

Hire new management

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Shelbyville, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Shelbyville, IN

I have been working at Enlivant part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

During a Dr appt I was asked where I work. The Dr replied I have several of your staff as patients. She continued to say, it must be a great place to work because I have heard good comments and they love their jobs and hate missing work. I told her that I agree and we have a very caring staff.

Cons

I have no negative comments

Feb 12, 2018 – Recruiting Systems Coordinator

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are happy that you enjoy working for Enlivant. We truly value employees like you who are making a difference in the lives of seniors each and every day.

"Is a good job if you’re looking for a little extra money"

Current Employee - Dietary Aide in Dover, DE
    Current Employee - Dietary Aide in Dover, DE

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work environment isn’t to bad. Our managers are good, and the old staff is good. Not so much the new staff.

Cons

For an “assisted living” the residents need as much care as a nursing home. The company is very money hungry and doesn’t care about their workers

Advice to Management

Each manager should work with their staff so they can see what really goes on and how work is so they understand how we feel

Feb 12, 2018 – Recruiting Systems Coordinator

Thank you for your candid feedback. We take your concerns seriously and would like to discuss with you in more detail. Please call the Human Resources Helpline at (844)365-4826 to help us address... More

"2018 and onward"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working in a people business is one of the most rewarding experiences in my career. Being able to help select and develop leaders in this growing industry has been remarkable given the growth and progress in just 3.5 years. It has been extremely rewarding to watch both field support and community leaders grow into regional and divisional roles. It is a true testament to how dedicated this organization has invested in its people. The organization has been focused on finding high caliber talent. If you are looking for a career change and want to find an organization that will give you the courage to be the leader you were meant to be, this is definitely the place!

Cons

We need to upgrade our systems to help our teams do their jobs easier. Focusing on how we can incorporate technology to assist in providing the best care and employment experience will be essential to meet the future needs of the employment market.

Advice to Management

Keep it simple. With growth, processes or issues become more complex but we should strive to keep it very simple in what we ask of the field including resources/tools to be able to do their job. I think this is what makes Enlivant special, our lack of layers and bureaucracy and we should do our best to avoid that as we continue to grow in this industry.

Jan 12, 2018 – Recruiting Systems Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy that you enjoy working for Enlivant. We appreciate your suggestions and are always looking for ways to improve.

"Area Executive Director"

Current Employee - Area Eecutiv Director in Chisholm, TX
    Current Employee - Area Eecutiv Director in Chisholm, TX

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AMAZING company to work for! I have been BEYOND impressed with this company that practices what it preaches! The Mission Values and Vision are REAL...... not just something on a wall somewhere at "Corporate". They live them every day. This is by far the best company I have ever worked for! I can't say enough good.

Cons

Hard to find a "Con"! The support staff is amazing. The CEO is Amazing. Always treated with dignity and respect.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do...... don't meander away from your passion as we grow. We have a GREAT thing going here.

Jan 12, 2018 – Recruiting Systems Coordinator

Thank you for your positive feedback and for supporting Enlivant’s mission to enrich lives through building meaningful relationships and vibrant communities. Keep up the great work!

"Good place to work in general"

Pros

Great regional director of operations

Cons

Can be tough to find employees and retain

Jan 12, 2018 – Recruiting Systems Coordinator

Thank you for the time you’ve taken to share your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear of your concern and hope you will discuss this issue with local management. If you are willing to provide... More

10. "Don’t work work here, don’t make yourself miserable and earn bad pay."

Former Employee - Accountant
    Former Employee - Accountant

I worked at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You learn how to work under pressure, especially because there’s a fire alarm every other day. There is not much else I can say here.

Cons

Management is awful, terrible leadership, and no concern for the employees. The CEO may be the fakest one there is.

Advice to Management

Learn to empathize. Take ownership of the awful systems that are in place,

Feb 12, 2018 – Recruiting Systems Coordinator

Thank you for your candid feedback. We take your concerns seriously and would like to discuss with you in more detail. Please call the Human Resources Helpline at (844)365-4826 and your issue will be... More