Enlivant Reviews | Glassdoor

Enlivant Reviews

Updated July 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You will find that everyone in this organization truly follows the clear mission, vision and values (in 16 reviews)

• Enlivant is a company that is true to their core values, vision and mission (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Constant change in personnel including upper management (in 18 reviews)

• As in all Healthcare roles - work life balance is often a challenge (in 8 reviews)

"Keeping it Real!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The top 3 reasons I love working for Enlivant are, their culture, their leadership and their work/life balance.

Enlivant offers an unlimited PTO plan that allows employees to take the time they need when they need and not have to worry about running out of sick days etc.

Leadership allows their managers to take action, they encourage new ideas and they're supportive of their people. At Enlivant you actually feel like your manager has your back and you don't have to worry about standing alone on an issue. We all carry a solution based approach instead of the ever so common finger pointing approach.

Enlivant's culture is what really sets them apart from the rest, not just in the industry but from various employers I've had non-industry related. For me, it started from a personal phone call from our CEO, Jack Callison before I even started with Enlivant. That personal touch goes a long way! It truly feels like we're all part of a team and in it together. Our work is praised, our opinions are valued and we actually like each other.

Cons

If there was a downside I would not be working here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job! Management and Executive leadership are what drives a company's mission. I'm happy to finally be in a place where the leadership team actually believes and practices their company values!

May 19, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy that you enjoy working for Enlivant. We truly value employees like you who embrace our mission, vision, and values. Keep up the great... More

"LRCP"

Current Employee - LRCP in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - LRCP in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The residents are wonderful. Most of the workers are good team members.

Cons

No balance between work and personal life.

Advice to Management

A better and fairer pay scale. New hires are coming in and getting more than the loyal employees that have been there before them. This causes problems between staff members. Not a happy environment.

"Fake Reviews by Corporate and Marketing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some nice buildings... And some great employees who are about to quit.

Cons

Everything; Lowest pay in the Industry- Exploitative work practices; Sales & Marketing is a Joke- Abusive work environment, Training is non existent- so you get called out about everything- and scolded like a child for their incompetent way of "training" or supporting staff.- which is non existent. A bad joke to the residents and families who depend on your. Worst drama and high school clique environment I have seen. By day 2 of employment you will see this as it is - a nightmare. You will NOT get a head by playing their games- You see, you don't matter. Worst profit over people ever. Forget HR and their replies here. They will just post BS on here then cover this and all real reviews with FAKE corporate written postings. Buildings are all window dressing with under paid employees . Just a matter of time before they fold.

Advice to Management

Stop listening to outside sales flunkies- they only hire those who kiss their backside- you are NOT getting quality people this way. LEARN THAT YOUR PRODUCT IS QUALITY NURSING- Start paying them a decent wage if you value what you say you are.

Jun 23, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your employment experience at Enlivant. In order for us to strengthen our environment we would like the opportunity to further investigate the concerns... More

"Community Relations Manager"

Current Employee - Community Relations Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Community Relations Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, residents, management is supportive and caring, wonderful Executive Director.

Cons

None that I have seen.

Advice to Management

Great job! Best company I've worked for in my 18 years in this industry.

May 9, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy that you enjoy working for Enlivant. We truly value employees like you who are making a difference in the lives of seniors each and... More

"Best company I have EVER work for!"

Current Employee - Community Relations Manager in Muncie, IN
    Current Employee - Community Relations Manager in Muncie, IN

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enlivant has the best core values. I live my life wanting to be the most trusted person with everyone that knows me and that is the belief with Enlivant as well! Enlivant offers many incentives and has a great bonus structure. With Enlivant growing, it makes more opportunities for advancement.

Cons

It is a growing company and sometimes communication could be better and more timely. But with that being said, it is much better than any place else I have ever worked.

Advice to Management

I look forward to advancement in the Enlivant family and hope they would consider me for a regional position. Keep current staff in mind when openings arise to advance within.

May 4, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your positive feedback and for supporting Enlivant’s mission to enrich lives through building meaningful relationships and vibrant communities. Keep up the great work!

6. "Care Service Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kendallville, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kendallville, IN

I have been working at Enlivant full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Management and line staff are hard working and want the best for their residents.

Cons

On call, always thinking about work.

Jun 23, 2017 – HR Generalist

"Lynd Place of Muncie, IN -A great place to live and work"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Muncie, IN
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Muncie, IN

I have been working at Enlivant full-time

Pros

Great team work, devoted staff all working together to make the residents days vibrant and satisfying.
    Residents who are delightful, wonderful people, enriching the lives of the employees.
    One big happy family.

Cons

Enlivant is overcoming some very negative effects from the former company and making a great difference in the work place culture

Advice to Management

The new management company, Enlivant is doing a great job of making sure their culture and values are actually upheld from the top down.

"Standing out in the Crowd!!"

Current Employee - Divisional Vice President of Facilities in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Divisional Vice President of Facilities in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with this company almost 3 years now and I have never worked for and with such passionate and caring company and its employees. In the sea of senior living communities Enlivant stands out in the crowd. They do things right to make sure we have outstanding homes to live in for our communities residents. I see passion in every visit i complete each week. I know that our Executive Team is very forward thinking and they still keep in touch with the day to day of the business. This is a TEAM atmosphere and I see it getting better every day.

Cons

Teams still coming together with growth, but that is the pains of growth

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing and supporting our Mission, Vision and Values and treat people like family and growing our family.

Apr 27, 2017 – HR Generalist

"Professional & Fun Place to work!!!!!"

Current Employee - Divisional Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Divisional Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time

Pros

Enlivant is a company that is true to their core values, vision and mission. It’s a friendly environment, were we work hard but at the same time we never stop having fun. The leadership team is extremely supportive from the CEO, COO, CFO to the SVP, they truly have a welcoming open door policy. Enlivant honestly care for their residents as much as for their associate. The possibilities of developing your career are endless.

Cons

Come on board and let me know if you can find a con…. I couldn’t

Advice to Management

Thank you for this fantastic opportunity, I feel blessed to be able to bring my knowledge and experience to the table.

May 3, 2017 – HR Generalist

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great office atmosphere, fun/lively, leadership listens to what employees have to say, unlimited vacation days is a huge positive

Cons

work/home life balance is difficult if you have a lot responsibilities