Enlivant Reviews | Glassdoor

Enlivant Reviews

Updated April 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Enlivant is passionate about its employees, residents and families (in 14 reviews)

• The company is growing intelligently and in line with their mission, vision and values (in 12 reviews)

"Rcp"

Current Employee - CNA/PCT in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - CNA/PCT in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work friendly areas to learn new skills

Cons

There's always a problem with the schdule.

Nov 2, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

"Amazing Grace and Amazing Place!"

Current Employee - Community Relations Manager in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Community Relations Manager in Greenville, SC

Pros

Wow! I love my new position with Enlivant! I feel so blessed to be able to work with such compassionate caring people. I have just started my journey and I can already tell that the leadership in this company and in particular in the East Division, we have some of the most quality professional leaders that I have ever had the pleasure of interacting with.

Cons

The 2 week training period is a little much for a seasoned leader in the industry but I am sure that some benefit from this additional time to prepare for their new roles.

Advice to Management

Thank you for our leadership in the region and the division. We are blessed to have this type of devoted people guiding us each and every day.

Sep 19, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your positive feedback and for supporting Enlivant’s mission to enrich lives through building meaningful relationships and vibrant communities!

"Terrible management"

Former Employee - Life Enrichment Coordinator in Olympia, WA
    Former Employee - Life Enrichment Coordinator in Olympia, WA

I worked at Enlivant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work schedule for the most part. The residents were the best part of the job.

Cons

Management was by far the worst I have ever encountered. Management was very unsupportive and treated me with blatant disregard and disrespect. They do not provid you with the proper resources and tools to perform your job well. They set you up for failure by doing so. No communication whatsoever. I felt unwelcome and under appreciated. I was so unhappy and stressed out that I finally had enough. They pay very very low as well. The work load expectations is very unreasonable. The team work is non existent.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better!

"Lies, lies,lies"

Former Employee - Executive Director in Port Washington, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Director in Port Washington, NY

I worked at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, absolutely none. I know 7 former employees including myself. Who are so HAPPY they are no longer employed by this horrible company.

Cons

Goodness where to begin. 14 hour days, vacation denied or your called back to work if you manage to get a couple of days off. Staffing is impossible to keep because of ridiculously low wages. Most Care providers qualify for food stamps even if they work full time. Numerous long pointless conference calls. They should just put a recording on the call that says Heads in beds over, over and over again. It would be just as effective and informative. Regional Management in the Washington/Oregon areas are worthless at their jobs. Need guidance or help forget it they're to busy telling each other how awesome they are. Executive Directors and Nurses come and go on a regular basis. One
    in Washington has had four ED's since April. They weren't fired they quit. Every single employee in that has left have gone to other Assisted living company's and are very happy. These are good people. Who couldn't continue be lied to, harassed, and over worked.

Advice to Management

Quit writing phony reviews to bring up your score. It's very obvious and pathetic. People know the truth. STOP LYING and do your job.

"Terrible Business Model, Management. Former CRM"

Former Employee - CRM in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - CRM in Houston, TX

I worked at Enlivant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited PTO for managers- that's literally the only pro. Sorry, but the rest of this sentence is just filler to meet the 20 word requirement.

Cons

The North Texas region struggles because their business model doesn't fit the needs to North Texas residents. The regional sales managers are supposed to offer you "support" but instead offer you constant criticism and belittling, especially if you're a male. If you're an ED, then you're expected to work 60-70hrs a week for far below average salary for the position. You're also expected to be the business office manager, cook when needed, and medtech.

The biggest problem is that the building are small and old, but in order to earn enough revenue they try and charge a higher market rate than their competitors. This doesn't work, and most of their residents are cut "deals" in order to get them.

Advice to Management

I suggest you accept who you are, and that is a low rent assisted living geared towards people who can't afford nicer buildings. At least then you'll be honest and people will respect that.

Enlivant is the laughing stock of assisted living in North Texas, unfortunately.

Oct 21, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your candid feedback. We take your concerns seriously and would like to discuss with you in more detail. Please call 888-777-4780 and ask to speak with a Human Resources Manager. Your ... More

"LOVE this company!"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Battle Ground, WA
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Battle Ground, WA

Pros

Incredibly supportive Regional, Divisional and Support center team. Consistently given the freedom to make changes, support and advice as needed and opportunities to grow and advance my career. In 15 years in this industry this is hands down the best company I have ever worked with.

Cons

There are no downsides to working with Enlivant, however, the job itself is grueling sometimes, which can lead to burnout if you don't take care of yourself.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. This job is a dream come true.

Aug 29, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your positive feedback and for supporting Enlivant’s mission to enrich lives through building meaningful relationships and vibrant communities. Keep up the great work!

"Love company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR

I have been working at Enlivant full-time

Pros

Freindly Family like environment great training and job growth

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind.

Aug 22, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

"Good place to get your feet wet, but good people do not stay."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As others have posted it is the residents.

Cons

Large turnover in staffing. Three executive directors in less than 2 years.

Advice to Management

Invest in good people. Rather than throwing a warm body at the position increase your starting wages so as to attract qualified candidates.

Aug 22, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. We take your concerns seriously and would like to discuss with you in more detail. Please call 888-777-4780 and ask to speak with a Human Resources Manager. Your ... More

"Enlivant Proud"

Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations in Portland, OR

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Culture is a way of Life. Couldn't ask for anymore from my leaders, peers and employees that I have the opportunity to work with and for.

Cons

Still a young company and we are working diligently on some prior hurdles and processes.

Advice to Management

Continue to think outside the 9 dots.

Aug 2, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

"RDSM"

Current Employee - Rdsm in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Rdsm in Portland, OR

I have been working at Enlivant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Mission, Vision, and Values
    Strong leadership from the Top all the way down

Cons

Newer company, still asserting themselves into the industry, but are making a name.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Love it

Aug 2, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy that you enjoy working for Enlivant. We truly value employees like you who are making a difference in the lives of seniors each and ... More