Enovity Reviews | Glassdoor

Enovity Reviews

Found 17 reviews

3.2
Greg Cunningham and Jonathan Soper
  1. "New Model for Facilities Engineering Industry"

I have been working at Enovity for more than 4 years

Pros

Employees & owners are passionate about the work, company is setting a new (& higher quality) standard for the industry, work is interesting & fulfilling, good company culture & community, management listens & responds well to feedback

Cons

With some employees working on-site full-time, you don't get as much interaction with all employees in your region

Advice to Management

Consider having more all-company events and offering benefits like flex work schedules

Enovity2016-03-31
    • "Poor Change Management"

Former Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Enovity full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Enjoyed several coworkers. Some smart people that were fun to work with.

Cons

Company changes due to acquisition where chaotic. Certainly not an employee focused organization. Suits don't really care.

Advice to Management

If it's not all about company profit then re-prioritize and care for your employees.

Enovity2019-05-20

"A bit out of control"

Former Employee - Commissioning Engineer in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Enovity full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

A group of smart people working to make an impact in the energy industry. I learned quite a bit from my peers and was exposed to some good engineering concepts. I enjoyed the variety of projects and industry partners that I worked with. Office location was a plus for me.

Cons

Amazing to me how companies can stay in business when they don't have proven purposes, roles and processes. I found the lack of structure very disconcerting when they had high expectations of my performance and yet there was not structure to support my position. Impacts from the recent acquisition are just starting to impact the employees with unreasonable bureaucracy and business policy that does not fit California.

Advice to Management

Understand the business that you are running and don't crush the employees with unnecessary and unreasonably bureaucracy. Develop and systems and procedures to help employees succeed, rather than control us.

Enovity2018-09-03

"Enovity"

Current Employee - Commissioning Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Enovity full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Good mentors, friendly coworkers, interesting work.

Cons

Benefits worse since aquisition by Veolia; went from free health insurance to paying for healther insurance. Unclear whether there will be further changes to benefits due to aquisition. Only cost of living increases, no merit-based salary increase since aquisition. Frequent HR-related mistakes such as mistakes in PTO accounting, 401K deductions, etc.

Advice to Management

Do not allow employees to lose benefits that were listed in the job offer.

Enovity2018-07-16
    • "mobile stationary enginneer"

Current Employee - Mobile Stationary Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Enovity full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

union affiliated, good office support, professional management system

Cons

uncertain of personal direction, some independence but minimal orientation with paperwork not sure of personal value i bring to company is noticed

Advice to Management

all good happy with overall condition,

Enovity2018-03-28
    • "Interesting business with typical growing pains"

I have been working at Enovity full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

The work is diverse and interesting as company is active in several markets that are rapidly evolving. Several high-profile projects and clients. Leadership is passionate about the company's mission and driven to meet goals.

Cons

Company grew rapidly for several years, then went through two acquisitions. Neither were well managed from employee perspective. Internal communication has been weak but is improving.

Advice to Management

Invest more in culture and professional development (for ALL employees). Recognize teams and individuals who succeed.

Enovity2018-03-02

"Theme of the company: Growing Pains"

I have been working at Enovity full-time

Pros

Plenty of projects with clients ranging from government to tech firms. Small office, so you'll be able to interact with most of the office employees. Ideal location for those commuting into the City. Brilliant minds at work here.

Cons

Company has been acquired twice, and the current company wants to instill changes to mirror their business model, some of which don't necessarily work well. The benefits transition has been rough at best, and payroll system is messed up, with some people not getting paid at all. The usual office/company politics are definitely in play more often these days than before. Upper management is disengaged with the rest of the...

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees' needs. Actually hire people and train them to back up others and help lessen the work load. Invest in culture and professional development. To the company who acquired Enovity: Get your act together and take responsibility and accountability for the numerous errors you have caused with the benefits registration and payroll. An apology would be a good start instead of blaming others for supplying...

Enovity2018-03-08
    • "Great company to work with"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Enovity full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Collaborative, smart people, supporting staff, good location and work life balance

Cons

Needs more team building and less micromanagement

Enovity2017-06-14

"Not Your Happy Place"

I worked at Enovity full-time

Pros

Perhaps things will improve now that they have recently been acquired by Veolia?

Cons

Top management is disengaged and disrespectful. Employees are kept in the dark. Loyalty is not recognized or rewarded. Company has been bought and sold twice in last 4 years--creating uncertainty and disarray. Even in profitable years, wealth is shared only at the top ( raises/bonuses.)

Advice to Management

Your biggest assets are the talented and loyal people who work for you. A respectful and generous corporate culture starts at the top.

Enovity2017-02-21
    • "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Enovity full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

It is the type of open door policy company with great people to work with. Good work environment.

Cons

It gets noisy from time to time but never unbearable.

Enovity2016-08-03