Enservio Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Robert Chase

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Love being able to work from home (in 10 reviews)

• Work Life Balance; Technology; Culture (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • This is on the back end of upper management make a lot of money after a buy-out (in 8 reviews)

• There are very few minorities in the company and women have little voice beyond middle management (in 3 reviews)

1. "Sales"

I have been working at Enservio full-time

Pros

I started with Enservio fairly recently and have really enjoyed my time here so far. The team I work with is strong and the culture within the group is fun. My co-workers really helped me get up to speed quickly and I feel like I'm allowed to take risks, and rewarded for doing so.

Cons

There is a lot of flexibility around being able to work from home and, as a result, oftentimes the office feels very big.

Advice to Management

Make sure that you are spending time with people. Don't assume that people 'get it' and always feel connected to the mission.

2. "It was great until the merge!"

I worked at Enservio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company was great before the merge. It has gone downhill since and innovation has slowed down. Create realistic timelines for product and innovate! Push new products and you will be the leader!

Cons

False promises and not a lot of room to grow. Before the merge they were great and the culture was fantastic, after the merge things took a complete 180 and some of the top talent left the organization.

Advice to Management

Work on your culture and reward your employees. Retain the top talent!

"Good company for software"

I have been working at Enservio full-time

Pros

Greatest people you'll ever meet

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement

Advice to Management

Pay your field reps better and limit process changes to once a month rather then every week

Apr 11, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your experience working for Enservio. I am glad to see your positive comments about your fellow employees. I agree, we are lucky to have an... More

"Better management needed"

I have been working at Enservio full-time

Pros

Great team, with lots of energetic and smart people excited to grow. There was flexibility with working at home, but new ownership may have effected that.

Cons

Management is lacking, and doesn't provide tools for success. No true metrics for success, and often reactive and not proactive with customer support.

Advice to Management

Provide clearer goals. Get rid of useless meetings, and replace with meaningful one on ones or trainings. Create new employee training. I saw way to many people let go because of lack of support, rather then lack of skill.

Mar 2, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience working for Enservio. I'm glad to see your positive comments about the energy and enthusiasm of your fellow employees. I agree... More

"Not What It May Seem"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

I have been working at Enservio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is definitely a lot of untapped potential in the insurance contents claim industry and Enservio has done a great job attempting to build the bridge through technology, and the recent acquisition by Solera will position the company as a key player amongst competitors. Benefits are decent although now offered by CIGNA, high deductible plans, HSA available, and decent vacation.

Cons

The acquisition by Solera has completely changed the mission statements of the company to these wordy, numbery, silly too hard to remember ideals that get lost on you. The company as it was before has lost its culture and is no longer what attracted me to the company. The atmosphere is very divided with only individual departments interacting within themselves. There are fewer company gatherings than when I started. Very cliquey as well.

Feb 27, 2017 – Human Resources Generalist

We really appreciate your feedback, both positive and negative, about your experience working for Enservio. We do strive to be at the forefront of the competition within the insurance... More

"Frustrating transition but opportunity to do better"

I have been working at Enservio full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people within the teams are great. Everyone tries hard to get along. Remote opportunities to work from home help create a good work life balance.

Cons

Enservio was just purchased by a larger company. Managers, employees and even the head of HR have left. The replacement head of HR left shortly thereafter. The communication has been poor from the top down and job stability is a question mark. There are no bonuses (although there used to be) and when someone asked in a recent meeting whether we would get our annual raise the question was side-stepped. At Christmas, we did not receive anything from our employer. Neither our CEO nor anyone from the new home office sent us a note to thank us for our hard work. This is on the back end of upper management make a lot of money after a buy-out. Stock in the company was never an option for any other employees so we got nothing. Processes continue to change. The training for new processes continue to be read off of a spreadsheet. Most companies I've been involved with have professional trainers to help with new information. Employees have been fired for not following processes but no one knows how to keep up with the minutiae that changes weekly. There is very little room for anyone except the managerial team to move up. The top positions are traded between men. There are very few minorities in the company and women have little voice beyond middle management.

Advice to Management

The product is most important. Those that deliver the product are also important. Go out of your way to recognize and reward hard work and loyalty and open your eyes to the talents of the people on your teams both in the office and in other places throughout the country. There is a lot of talent but no one wants to feel unappreciated. Also, help your employees feel secure in their jobs if there is really nothing to worry about.

Jan 23, 2017 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for your feedback regarding your employment with Enservio. We always strive to make employees feel included and appreciated, and I’m sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling this way... More

"Micro management"

Former Employee - Field Representative
    Former Employee - Field Representative

I worked at Enservio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No office 9-5 job. On your own

Cons

Managers dont know what they are doing. Operations changes everyday

Advice to Management

Listen to the people out in the field

"Give credence to the Glassdoor reviews..."

I worked at Enservio full-time

Pros

The HR organization for onboarding was great (not product training - that was nonexistent, just the welcoming committee), the co-workers are brilliant and very hard working. There really isn't too much more to say.

Cons

There are a number of issues with this company - so many that I ended up discussing with an employment lawyer before I resigned. The management is deceitful and dishonest; the product has a number of flaws that are known but not addressed (even though they have a phenomenal engineering department); the C-level management actually discussed their employees skills and abilities behind closed doors in fairly demeaning ways; curse words are used during daily calls with the sales representatives; aggression is very clear from the highest level of management; some of the middle and upper management are severely unqualified and do not respond well (or sometimes not at all) to suggestions; the senior management does not allow for personal/professional growth; the senior management does not offer support for their employees; there is absolutely no guidance from senior management; and there is an enormous amount of lying to the employees happening. I cannot express enough that this company is poorly run and an abysmally negative place to be - be careful when considering employment with Enservio.

Additionally, I'd like to add that when considering the offer that Enservio gave me, I did read the Glassdoor reviews and was surprised by the number of negative reviews. The first few months I thought that it was just angry former employees looking for a way to vent. I realize now, however, that these reviews are indeed a fairly accurate (albeit some poorly written) representation of Enservio.

Advice to Management

Take bedside manner classes. Listen to your employees. Offer guidance. Offer reviews on performance. Go to a leadership class. Try. Resign.

Jan 23, 2017 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for your feedback regarding your employment with Enservio. We always welcome constructive criticism and I want to assure you that your feedback has not fallen on deaf ears. We do our best... More

"Going Places"

Pros

Work Life Balance; Technology; Culture

Cons

Business Vision;Competing strategies and roles

Advice to Management

Keep improving business processes and expand strategies

"Great Company"

Pros

Very Engaged Management, great use of technology.

Cons

None that I have experienced

Advice to Management

none

Nov 10, 2016 – Director, HR

We appreciate your feedback! Our team is passionate about the work we do and we feel it is a great use of technology as well :)