KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Innovative

Apr 28, 2021 - Customer Success
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ahead of the market, trend setting technology

Cons

Ahead of the market, takes time to educate and advise problems that customers don't know they have

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fine place

Jan 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cool companies to work with

Cons

stagnation is rough, would not suggest.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Solid company, great leadership, outstanding experience

Oct 30, 2020 - Product Marketing in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best work/life balance I have ever experienced - certainly demanding of excellence but complete expectation that people's life is more important. One of the most generous benefits packages I have seen - full family health and dental, vision, insurance etc for a very small amount of employee contribution. Outstanding executive team - every single one of them will call you up, regularly, just to ask how you are doing, but more than that - they simply know their jobs and how to get them done - no silly expectations like doing 150% of revenue during the worst downturn in global history - instead "let's use the time to skill-up". If you want to work hard but still see your family, have a visible career progression path, be able to voice ideas and actually see them become reality and go to sleep knowing the company is solid then this company is for you.

Cons

Every company has cons but I really struggle to think of any when it comes to Ensighten. Maybe with them being small then your role is much more than your role - you are expected to be involved in other things too - but honestly, this is probably a positive to many people - it is to me.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Very happy in my time here

Apr 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for Ensighten for over 3 years and have greatly enjoyed my time here. The work life balance is fantastic and there are a lot of wonderful people who work here. Many of the old regime from some of the previous comments have moved on and there is a lot of excitement for the COO/New CRO initiatives. There are also a lot of excitement for new features on the product roadmap. Overall, I would recommend Ensighten.

Cons

I wouldn't necessarily express this as an outward con but Ensighten is a small organization so if quick career growth is your desired outcome, they take a bit of time but they do happen to well deserved employees!

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

I would give this company negative stars if I could.

Jul 22, 2020 - Sales in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working from home, since there was never a real office to go to.

Cons

The CEO, CRO, and CTO are in their own world hoping Ensighten will be purchased even thought they have developed a weak platform around "marketing security". The on-boarding experience is terrible, I had to reach out to people within the company and ask them to train me. I had zero support from my direct support, the CRO of Ensighten and he was dismissive, rude, demeaning toward me every single time I spoke to him. Even though I was hired on as a sales person I was asked to perform marketing functions such as writing competitive analysis on our biggest competitors, even though we had a director of marketing who could not for the life of her write a single thing. Her frequent response was, "I am not technical and can not write about such things." This was after she had been at Ensighten for a year. My response was, "I thought I was hired here to bring in revenue not do your job." The CTO was extremely unprofessional, only stayed at hostels when he went on business trips to save the company money, and talked down to anyone he didn't like.

7 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Overall great company, with one caveat

Jul 24, 2020 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I genuinely loved working at Ensighten. They have the best work/life balance of any company I've ever been at. If you have appointments or a schedule that requires you to be away at times during the day Ensighten can usually accommodate that. As long as your work gets done they're very flexible. The engineers you'll work with there are top notch. They have very smart people doing complex work. Ensighten's products all have a high degree of customization and as a result of that you have to learn a lot to build out the structure and features to accommodate that. They're friendly, fun people to work with too. I still keep in touch with several friends from the company. It might seem like a small detail but Ensighten's internal systems and equipment are really good as well. Your email and work chat are always going to work, and you'll have sufficiently powered hardware to work with that you can use as you see fit to get the job done. Not a lot of over-the-shoulder monitoring. The top management of the company is really good too. That wasn't always the case but the current c-level execs have all been in their positions several years now and they've got the company on a good course. The CTO is very busy but will gladly have a meeting with you if you request one, and will take any feedback you give seriously. The CEO I haven't interacted with a lot but each time he remembered my name and made sure to greet me. Really I feel like Ensighten is a good place to work and I'd recommend it to pretty much anyone. There is one slight caveat to that, which I'll spell out in the cons section.

Cons

Most of the cons with Ensighten are pretty minor, but I do have one big con that I'll put at the end. The Tech Ops team that makes software choices for the rest of the company sometimes need to be pushed on to get the full answers or help with their projects. They never turn people away, but unless you set up meetings with them you're likely to get partial answers. It gives the impression that they don't feel other teams concerns are worth their time. That said they're a busy group and and they still try to help so I consider it pretty minor. Ensighten tries to say it's a startup, but in my opinion the company isn't really a startup anymore. They have the enthusiasm of a startup, but the projects and products there have been around for some time and there really isn't the opportunity to make major changes or pivot the way a startup would. Ensighten has established themselves, and that's not a bad thing. Unfortunately, I do have to list one major con. One of Ensighten's products is called "Manage" and I have to advise anyone reading this to avoid that team unless they can confirm a change in management sometime after this review. My coworkers on that team were some of the best people I ever worked with. However a new manager was brought on to the team and he is very toxic. Playing favorites with employees, lying about performance, and airing personal criticisms during standup were just a few ways he would cause trouble on the team. It got so bad that I filed an HR complaint and asked to switch teams. The HR complaint included incidents covering a 5 month time span and included chat links to show what was actually said. Even though it was just 5 months, the complaint was 16 pages long. After filing it, if this manager caused another incident he'd then go through chat and delete messages in the hope of avoiding future HR reports. He was a real piece of work. Ensighten was very responsive about the issues and moved me to another team. But the damage had been done and I felt I had to leave the company because of that manager. I was not the only employee that had a hard time with him so my expectation would be if he continues to treat others so poorly that he'd be moved into a different role in the company. To be plain, if you're looking to work at Ensighten I must advise avoiding the Manage team. The rest of the company really is great to work for though and I'd have no issue recommending any other position there.

7. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Believe the negative reviews on here, I should of.

Nov 9, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

That I wasn't there for long.

Cons

There is a word limit, so I will make it short. They truly do not care about their employees, lack vision, lack understanding of basics of managing others on a personal level, purposefully requested my friends not to apply to work here.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 2.0
    Former Employee

Engineering at Ensighten

Jun 21, 2015 -  in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I got to work some very friendly people at Ensighten.

Cons

Engineering at Ensighten is a complete joke. There is very little knowledge and support for actually creating good product using industry best practices. Productivity is totally stymied by a lack of infrastructure knowledge and roadblocks are always put up which become a barrier to success. They don't trust anything and thus have to hand-roll or build everything which is even worse due to the fact that the there is such a lack of knowledge on how to do it. For example, it sometimes takes weeks to get a couple of simple cloud servers put up. Under normal circumstances that should be able to be done in a couple of hours or less. A culture of favoritism has allowed for inept employees to be put into positions of leadership which further erodes the environment and the ability to get anything done. The CTO is a complete joke who knows nothing about engineering principles and is not even a visionary. What's the point of having one then. The most sound engineers have all left to truly greener pastures and any backfills that were made were with people with little to know professional engineering experience. How do you drive an engineering organization that simple lacks talent. If you are an engineer worth your grain in salt, just stay away!

20 people found this review helpful

Ensighten Response

Staffing Manager

Thank you for your feedback. At Ensighten, we make every attempt to hire, promote and reward the most qualified candidates. Everyone is encouraged to present new ideas not just on products, but also on Engineering best practices and processes. While we wish you had a better experience working here at Ensighten, we hope for our current employees to speak to management or HR with any and all concerns they might have.

9. 5.0

Nice Balance of Challenging and Rewarding

Jul 14, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ensighten still has some of the start of mentality so there is no job too small or too big. There are many options for constant personal growth; if you don't know how to do something, you research and learn how to do it and teach others in the process. If you are willing to push yourself beyond your limits, you will be rewarded. To those who have commented that there is not a lot of growth opportunity, I would counter that there is plenty of opportunity but you have to be willing to step outside your comfort zone and cease the opportunities (it won't just fall in your lap). The environment is fast paced and challenging. The company is still small enough in size that you are not just a number; you can still feel the direct impact of your actions.

Cons

As mentioned in the pro's, it is a challenging but rewarding place to work. If you are not ready to work hard and occasionally step outside of your comfort zone, you won't enjoy it.

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Change is good!

Nov 7, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Our CEO and leadership team had to make some staff eliminations in order to help our company grow and eliminate jobs that were no longer adding value. Yes, that was a difficult decision to make and to see our colleagues leave, however change is good and I only see great things coming ahead. We have great products and people dedicated to the growth of Ensighten.

Cons

To the person who posted on Glassdoor a laundry list of employees who left along with their titles, you have a weak character. Be respectful of those who left and who are now looking for work. Its easy to bash our CEO or make devastating claims about harassment in the office. Grow a pair and speak up to our CEO. Our CEO is approachable.

6 people found this review helpful

Ensighten Response

Staffing Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We’re excited to see that you are posting your positive views not only of Ensighten, but also of the recent tough decisions that management had to make over the past quarter. With your advice to management, we will definitely be bringing those items to the table for discussion. We appreciate your honesty and desire for even more information from our company’s leaders. We realize there’s a long way to go to get to the very top, but we’re happy to do whatever we need to encourage our current and future employees to make that journey with us. We are also doing everything we can to make that journey as fun, impactful and as positive as possible!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 99 Reviews

Ensighten Reviews FAQs

Ensighten has an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5, based on over 100 reviews left anonymously by employees. 42% of employees would recommend working at Ensighten to a friend and 41% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Ensighten employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Ensighten. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

42% of Ensighten employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Ensighten 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.8 for culture and values and 2.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Ensighten to be compensation, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be management, career development, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Ensighten Job Seekers