Ensighten Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Ensighten CEO Josh Manion
Josh Manion

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people, very down to earth and executives very approachable (in 5 reviews)

• Great benefits and promote work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management should care about their employees (in 7 reviews)

• Often people let go are some of the best we have (in 4 reviews)

1. "Many challenges, but a good team foundation"

I have been working at Ensighten full-time

Pros

There are a lot of smart, motivated people who will go above and beyond without batting an eye. The core products are very compelling and there are many loyal customers.

Cons

The company is facing some tough challenges, but they don't seem insurmountable.

"Engineer"

I worked at Ensighten full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not what it used to be. Everything is a race to making the balance sheets look better so the company can be sold. Except, no one wants to buy the company.

Cons

EVERYTHING! YOU SHOULD RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Advice to Management

STOP TRYING TO SELL THE COMPANY. Probably better off liquidating everything before the bank comes to take it.

"Falling Ship"

I worked at Ensighten full-time

Pros

Industry experience gained.
    Connections made (the good ones).
    Technology is still good, better than the competition even. But its capabilities are overshadowed by its lack of productization.

Cons

Bad management, especially the executives starting from the top.
    No more funding. It's a shell of its former self.
    No more hiring. Current employees are expected to perform their tasks and others tasks, without additional compensation.
    Layoffs. Demoralizing.

Advice to Management

Transparency and communication are key.
    Sometimes employees spend all day trying to figure out what our management is going to do. Who is next on the chopping block? Who is still working for the company (since departures aren't announced)? Will anyone ever buy us? What is the current Go To Market plan? What are we doing in general??

"Utterly Toxic"

I worked at Ensighten full-time

Pros

None. Seriously none. At one point Ensighten was at the forefront of an emerging space, but not anymore.

Cons

It's hard to fully encapsulate what life was like at Ensighten. First, the company strategy is absolutely incoherent. Second, lying to customers about the capabilities of the product was not only routine, but an ingrained and innate characteristic of the culture. But worst of all, in my 25-year career I have never witnessed a management team with such a blend of incompetence, brutality and mean-spirited spitefulness. Given a choice between working at Ensighten and unemployment, I would choose unemployment.

Advice to Management

The management team is beyond advice. My advice is to the shareholders to eliminate the entire management team and sell the company for whatever you can get.

"Management is way over their ski-tips!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Ensighten full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Office space had a nice parking garage.

Cons

Where do I start? CEO is so full of himself, that he lied to employees about the success of the company, made several unnecessary acquisitions that wasted what little money we had left from VCs. His main sidekick is called CTO, but he is far from capable for the job. Luckily, the President (DDD) that these two hired, finally left the company! He was the ultimate egomaniac, and his plans to "grow big as fast as possible" and hire an army of people, only further accelerated the company's demise. Everything about this company is bad news! Stay away!

Advice to Management

Sell as soon as possible and stay out of the business world!

6. "New found direction"

Current Employee - Engineering in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Ensighten full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Earlier this year was very turbulent but it feels like the company is finally hitting it's stride again. Management has a strong vision for where we fit in the marketplace for the foreseeable future, the new product leadership has put together a solid plan to achieve that vision, and the engineering teams are regularly launching new systems and services on track with our goals. Overall really exciting to see things falling into place to meet some pretty lofty goals.

Cons

There's still a lot of long hours and hard work to be done to meet those goals and some employees don't seem to be excited about the latest progress.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward and take note of which teams aren't delivering for customers.

7. "Director"

I worked at Ensighten full-time

Pros

Great People, excellent technology and overall a fun place to work while I was there. Clients found a lot of value in the products and the sales and services teams were all aligned on the needs of the customers.

Cons

I didn't have a lot of negatives from my time at Ensighten. It was not always perfect but overall it was a great place to work. Josh (CEO) had very good intentions for how to treat employees.

Advice to Management

Get things turned around on the financial side and continue to deliver value to customers in the market.

"Management is a joke"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Ensighten full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment at times
    Mostly good people to work with, although they've laid off the majority of those good people

Cons

Management is joke - They have laid off a few of the bad ones, specifically in Marketing (Pelin), which makes it much better
    The way they go about laying people off is so unprofessional. They aren't above slandering peoples names once they are let go either.
    The company was growing at a very good pace, then hit some speed bumps. We're at about half of the employees from about a year ago.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. Listen when they have concerns. Build trust again with your employees and teams.

"Short sighted management"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Ensighten full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people work here. The work itself is fun when there is enough to go around.

Cons

Often not enough work to stay busy and the work we get to stay busy is often boring right now. Multiple layoffs of large amounts of people with no warning. Often people let go are some of the best we have.

Advice to Management

Make the company feel stable. Internally it does not at all feel stable and because you have laid so many people off without any hint or notice we feel that there is no loyalty and that we should always be looking for the next opportunity.

10. "Account Management"

Pros

Great people, very down to earth and executives very approachable

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities for advancement in career

Advice to Management

Need to reset the direction of the company and deliver on products that are not in beta