Ensighten Reviews | Glassdoor

Marty Greenlow
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "No work life balance, no company direction, it really seems like the space is dying and they are looking for an exit" (in 3 reviews)

"Current employee (less than a year)"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Ensighten full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Work life balance is great here. They understand that everyone has their own way of working and as long as you work efficiently, working from home or the office is your choice.
    - Reasonable goals, commission, and bonus structures.
    - Top management really cares about your personal growth as much the company's growth
    - Everyone in this company is willing and able to help. There hasn't been a time where someone said no when I reached out.
    - Work environment and practices are very transparent; a lot more than the companies I've worked for

Cons

No substantial cons so far. The tag management sector is becoming more diluted over time so it brings challenges

Advice to Management

While you update your UI and products, update the informational videos that go along with it.

2. "Sales Development Rep"

I worked at Ensighten full-time

Pros

The people and the space are exciting

Cons

The direction of the company took a turn, but was high flying for a few early years

Advice to Management

Make a good product and try to find value for the buyers

"Liars"

I worked at Ensighten full-time

Pros

Remote work/life balance and decent pay

Cons

Recently let me go saying it was due to a lack of work. I called my manager shortly after to see if there's anything I could have done differently, and he assured me that it wasn't due to anything I had done or could have done. They just didn't have budget to keep me employed. I later heard they told my old co-workers that I had just decided to leave on my own. Unfortunately, I just got a call from Unemployment Insurance today and apparently Ensighten HR decided to tell them that I was fired for not doing my job. No indicators on the job of that being the case, no complaints, and they told me it was a layoff... In my mind, that's pretty low. Are they lying to me? Why wasn't there any warning? Are the lying to UE to save a few bucks at my expense when I need it the most? Just sad.

Advice to Management

Get some balls and be honest with people.

"Great Work Life Balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Ensighten full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Clearly values employee's personal life and balances challenges with increased flexibility, ability to work from home and take the time you need.
    - It's a very smart and strategic team focused on long-term success
    - Management has shifted focus in the past year to make customers and their needs the priority, it's refreshing to be a part of a company that can change so quickly

Cons

- Might be a different experience depending on what office you are in, HQ is great but quiet some days
    - Being global but small at this stage has some understandable challenges with streamlining process internationally

Advice to Management

The new leadership (COO, CRO and CFO) are driving the vision of the company and it's great were we are going. There are still some things that are uncertain, so sharing internally more about how we are laying the foundation of the product and whats the strategy to get there could help.

"Stay Away"

I have been working at Ensighten full-time

Pros

None really, though some of the people there are nicer than the other reviews make them seem.

Cons

No work life balance, no company direction, it really seems like the space is dying and they are looking for an exit. This is not a high growth company, but one that once was and will never be again. No opportunity for advancement either.

"Poor leadership"

Former Employee - Channel Sales in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Channel Sales in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Ensighten full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good technology; good work life balance.

Cons

Poor leadership; place very little value in employees

"Engineer"

I worked at Ensighten full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not what it used to be. Everything is a race to making the balance sheets look better so the company can be sold. Except, no one wants to buy the company.

Cons

EVERYTHING! YOU SHOULD RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Advice to Management

STOP TRYING TO SELL THE COMPANY. Probably better off liquidating everything before the bank comes to take it.

"Falling Ship"

I worked at Ensighten full-time

Pros

Industry experience gained.
    Connections made (the good ones).
    Technology is still good, better than the competition even. But its capabilities are overshadowed by its lack of productization.

Cons

Bad management, especially the executives starting from the top.
    No more funding. It's a shell of its former self.
    No more hiring. Current employees are expected to perform their tasks and others tasks, without additional compensation.
    Layoffs. Demoralizing.

Advice to Management

Transparency and communication are key.
    Sometimes employees spend all day trying to figure out what our management is going to do. Who is next on the chopping block? Who is still working for the company (since departures aren't announced)? Will anyone ever buy us? What is the current Go To Market plan? What are we doing in general??

"Utterly Toxic"

I worked at Ensighten full-time

Pros

None. Seriously none. At one point Ensighten was at the forefront of an emerging space, but not anymore.

Cons

It's hard to fully encapsulate what life was like at Ensighten. First, the company strategy is absolutely incoherent. Second, lying to customers about the capabilities of the product was not only routine, but an ingrained and innate characteristic of the culture. But worst of all, in my 25-year career I have never witnessed a management team with such a blend of incompetence, brutality and mean-spirited spitefulness. Given a choice between working at Ensighten and unemployment, I would choose unemployment.

Advice to Management

The management team is beyond advice. My advice is to the shareholders to eliminate the entire management team and sell the company for whatever you can get.

"Many challenges, but a good team foundation"

I have been working at Ensighten full-time

Pros

There are a lot of smart, motivated people who will go above and beyond without batting an eye. The core products are very compelling and there are many loyal customers.

Cons

The company is facing some tough challenges, but they don't seem insurmountable.