Ensighten Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ensighten CEO Josh Manion
Josh Manion

Pros
  • Great people, very down to earth and executives very approachable (in 5 reviews)

• Great benefits and promote work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management should care about their employees (in 6 reviews)

• There's still a lot of long hours and hard work to be done to meet those goals and some employees don't seem to be excited about the latest progress (in 5 reviews)

1. "Many challenges, but a good team foundation"

I have been working at Ensighten full-time

Pros

There are a lot of smart, motivated people who will go above and beyond without batting an eye. The core products are very compelling and there are many loyal customers.

Cons

The company is facing some tough challenges, but they don't seem insurmountable.

2. "New found direction"

Current Employee - Engineering in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Ensighten full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Earlier this year was very turbulent but it feels like the company is finally hitting it's stride again. Management has a strong vision for where we fit in the marketplace for the foreseeable future, the new product leadership has put together a solid plan to achieve that vision, and the engineering teams are regularly launching new systems and services on track with our goals. Overall really exciting to see things falling into place to meet some pretty lofty goals.

Cons

There's still a lot of long hours and hard work to be done to meet those goals and some employees don't seem to be excited about the latest progress.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward and take note of which teams aren't delivering for customers.

3. "Director"

I worked at Ensighten full-time

Pros

Great People, excellent technology and overall a fun place to work while I was there. Clients found a lot of value in the products and the sales and services teams were all aligned on the needs of the customers.

Cons

I didn't have a lot of negatives from my time at Ensighten. It was not always perfect but overall it was a great place to work. Josh (CEO) had very good intentions for how to treat employees.

Advice to Management

Get things turned around on the financial side and continue to deliver value to customers in the market.

"Management is a joke"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Ensighten full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment at times
    Mostly good people to work with, although they've laid off the majority of those good people

Cons

Management is joke - They have laid off a few of the bad ones, specifically in Marketing (Pelin), which makes it much better
    The way they go about laying people off is so unprofessional. They aren't above slandering peoples names once they are let go either.
    The company was growing at a very good pace, then hit some speed bumps. We're at about half of the employees from about a year ago.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. Listen when they have concerns. Build trust again with your employees and teams.

"Short sighted management"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Ensighten full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people work here. The work itself is fun when there is enough to go around.

Cons

Often not enough work to stay busy and the work we get to stay busy is often boring right now. Multiple layoffs of large amounts of people with no warning. Often people let go are some of the best we have.

Advice to Management

Make the company feel stable. Internally it does not at all feel stable and because you have laid so many people off without any hint or notice we feel that there is no loyalty and that we should always be looking for the next opportunity.

7. "Account Management"

Pros

Great people, very down to earth and executives very approachable

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities for advancement in career

Advice to Management

Need to reset the direction of the company and deliver on products that are not in beta

"Vaporware for sale"

I worked at Ensighten full-time

Pros

At one point in time a lot of talented and smart people came through Ensighten's doors. There was a 1-2 year period that was very good for networking.

Cons

Complete lack of accountability. Absolute vaporware. Indecisive and absent leadership.

The product and engineering teams were the worst I've ever seen - every 3 to 6 months new leadership would take over and declare the previous product leadership at fault for the vaporware the company was selling for the last couple of years. They would vow to fix it, but then upon seeing what a cluster our codebase was, they would quit. Rinse and repeat.

The culture was created top-down. The CEO himself would perpetually lie to customers and employees alike about product capabilities and roadmap. When situations caused by these lies escalated, the leadership was nowhere to be found.

It's no wonder the company has decreased in value and has fewer than half the employees they had at their peak.

Advice to Management

Firesale!

"Bad management."

Former Employee - Data Scientist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Data Scientist in San Diego, CA

Pros

Some great people and a product that is leading the market

Cons

Big lack of vision. Bought out 2 companies last year to drop most of their former employees now without notice.

"It is unfortunate"

I have been working at Ensighten full-time

Pros

Good pay
    Good enterprise customer list
    Some of the people are cool

Cons

Leadership, VP and above (with the exception of 1 person in product) are inexperienced and yet the CEO continues to go to them as trusted advisors
    Culture is non existent
    Works you to the ground and there is no reward or recognition
    There is no product to get excited about, innovation has ceased

Advice to Management

Let someone else run this company, overhaul those people who truly do not have experience running a business or running a team they are a VP of.

"good while it lasted"

I worked at Ensighten full-time

Pros

not afraid to use new tools/technologies

Cons

CEO lost focus and micromanage

Advice to Management

CEO needs to delegate