Enterprise Reviews in Arizona | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Enterprise President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Great training program, supportive upper management, All of management started at the bottom (in 372 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 550 reviews)

Cons

1. "Good Benefits & Pay. ..Long Hours"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Goodyear, AZ
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Goodyear, AZ

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enterprise takes great care of their customers and employees. We provide excellent benefits and the pay is also good.

Cons

Work hours are long with a minimum of 49 hours per week worked. This is a sales based position and promotion only comes if you do well selling their protection products.

Advice to Management

Start off strong and keep the momentum going. If you are decent you should promote within one year to an assistant management position. From then the sky is the limit if you stick with the company.

2. "Great possibilities"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Near unlimited growth potential
    Possibility to promote quickly
    Fast paced
    Meet a lot of good people, coworkers and customers
    Good sales training

Cons

Significantly geared towards fresh out of college kids with no family
    If you want to make the most out of the opportunities you have to be willing to move often
    Rural areas treated the same as cities when they operate entirely different
    A LOT of hours. Expect 12 hour days, and then to be yelled at for your hours
    Consistent staffing issues

Advice to Management

Don't gear all your programs to singles, people with families who aren't willing to move often or never see their families can be just as valuable to the company. If you want more focus on sales, offer commission. Rural areas operate different then cities, impossible to run as tight while still still keeping our commitments to customer service, operations and bonuses should match the different environment.

"Good experience right out of college"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the best people you'll ever meet, amazing co-workers, fun events outside of work, great training program, great resume builder, awesome experience, good communication, awesome teamwork and you'll learn a ton.

Cons

Work life balance- I really wish I paid attention to this common con when I looked up reviews prior to taking the job, I rarely saw my family and rarely enjoyed days off with my significant other who works a M-F/8-5 job, I don't know how employees with kids and a family do this job and make everything work. Sales are the only thing that will get you promoted and the only thing upper management cares about, it doesn't matter how good of an employee you are or how great at customer service you are, sales is what gets you promoted bottom line. You work long hours & long days on your feet outside all day. Dealing with difficult customers is part of the everyday job, but that's customer service for you. I had some really lazy managers and I understood why they were lazy because this job exhausts you over time and beats you down. I constantly had managers complain to me about their paycheck...that's really not motivating me to want to move up with the company. Not a lot of opportunity for growth in some cities.

Advice to Management

Help those employees who are genuinely trying and want to move up, listen to their goals. If a store is struggling, speak to employees and see where the root of the problem is. Figure out how to help struggling sales people rather than treating them like they're nothing and embarrassing them in front of others, I saw a lot of co workers get ripped apart for sales by managers and management needs to help build these people up not beat them down.

"Manager Trainee"

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great. They also have a good training program.

Cons

long Hours, Managment micromanages you. They pay is not enough for all the sales we made

Advice to Management

They work you to a wall at enterprise. I was working 50 hour weeks. Getting micromanaged they almost try to brainwash you to think it's normal. I was working 2 pm to 1 shifts. Then getting ripped for showing up 5 minutes late.

6. "ABRM"

Former Employee - ABRM in Prescott, AZ
    Former Employee - ABRM in Prescott, AZ

I worked at Enterprise (More than a year)

Pros

great learning experience if you are fresh out of college

Cons

they work you like dogs! worth it though for the experience

7. "Worth the experience, but would not seek a career there"

Former Intern - Intern in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Intern - Intern in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Enterprise as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a huge company and very successful, and it seems to be a pretty good resume builder.

Cons

Pay is terrible, hours and schedules are terrible because I had to work 7 days a week just about every other week. There is some upside there and money to be made, but only if you plan for sticking around and pinching pennies for 10+ years

8. "Enterprise"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Benefits
    401K employer match 3%
    PTO
    If you work with positive people it can make the job less stressful and more fun

Cons

No work-life balance
    Stressful
    Always washing cars
    Sales is the only way you can move up in the company

Advice to Management

Area managers should manage each of their branches without the manager at least once a month to see how each branch is ran.

"Great benefits, lots of work"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training, fun work environment, great benefits (matching 401k), fast paced, lots of growth opportunities, good pay, tons of trust and control of the company from day 1

Cons

graded daily on TONS of metrics, 50-60 hour weeks on average, huge emphasis and a lot of pressure on sales

Advice to Management

I was let go along with a couple dozen other employees at the same time. After explaining to my peers why I was let go they were all in shock and replied "that's the way I was taught too" "everyone does that, that's not fair" etc. The decision was made straight from corporate with no heads up or explanation. If people are getting let go for doing the same thing as 99% of other employees there needs to be changes made higher up.

10. "Great place to launch a career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You will learn how to effectively run a business and make lifelong connections.

Cons

You will put in long hours

Advice to Management

Grade managers on their ability to develop, train and motivate their teams. Too many people are promoted based on their ability to sell. The best salespeople rarely make the best managers.

11. "Fast paced, and great opportunity for growth if you're competitive and looking to climb the corporate ladder fast."

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everybody starts from the bottom no matter the position in the company. You learn a lot, and develop a strong work ethic. The job is easy once you know it.

Cons

Hours are long, but shape a good work ethic that companies love. Can be stressful at times. 55 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Work hard and don't get complacent because it does not go unnoticed

Showing 114 of 7,636 reviews