Enterprise Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

2.0
Enterprise President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great training program, supportive upper management, All of management started at the bottom (in 386 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 583 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance can be a struggle at first if you've never worked a consistent 50 hour work week (in 1382 reviews)

• No work/life balance whatsoever (in 499 reviews)

"Don't Drink the Kool-Aid"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people I work with are really the only thing that occasionally make me smile while at work nowadays. Enterprise attracts some really great individuals, for some reason, despite the crap they're forced to go through on a daily basis.

Cons

Unless you graduated college with the intentions of running around in professional business attire in literally every kind of weather (I cannot count how many times I've spent twelve hours straight in soaking wet clothes from rain because of this place) and getting screamed at by irate customers at least three times a day, don't accept an offer from Enterprise. I've spent the last year and a half watching incompetent people get promoted again and again because they can sell, despite having ZERO management abilities whatsoever. I literally am teaching my managers how to do things on a daily basis because of this. Don't buy into it. It is not a good opportunity, the only thing you learn is how to tolerate getting screamed at regularly. There is zero work/life balance and the hours are outrageous. You have zero control over your schedule and are essentially deemed worthless unless you are a top seller in your region.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting solely based on sales numbers. You get ridiculously inexperienced and clueless people in management while the others who actually know how things run get stuck behind doing all the work. Also, pay your entry level employees better. Somehow you've managed to convince them that they're compensated well (roughly $39,000-$41,000/year), but no one seems to realize it's because it's hourly. I work FIFTY-FIVE HOURS PER WEEK. That's ridiculous.

Enterprise Response

Aug 11, 2017 – Manager: Employer Brand

Thank you for leaving a review. I'm sorry you're having a negative experience, but am hoping that you'll share more with me directly, so that we can reach out to the local team with your concerns. If... More

2. "Management Trainee. Great if you have no other options or if you L.O.V.E sales (not like, LOVE)."

Former Employee - Manager in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm going to keep this very high level for you.
    -Hired me straight out of college.
    -Great if you L-O-V-E sales.
    -People I worked with were great! Still very good friends with some.
    -You get to drive around a bunch.
    -You get fed a lot.
    -Overall, it is a lot of hard work but you CAN BENEFIT from it.

Cons

-This is really just a picky retail job. (Picky in the sense that they only hire you if you have a college degree)
    -Customers belittle you (not EHI's fault but still not cool)
    -You are moved up based solely on sales.
    -You will be exhausted and overworked. 49+ hours doesn't seem like much until you are dealing with angry customers or a short staffed branch.

Advice to Management

The systems used are super outdated. Invest in new computer systems, it takes money to make money.

"Good as long as you're not at the airport"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Good pay right out of college.
    -Very nice and cool colleagues
    -Opportunity to learn sales and defeat no's.
    -Easy success if you're at the right branch.

Would I stay at Enterprise my entire life? No. But that's just me, I'm a person with life goals and business ventures that Enterprise kept me back from achieving. I would even mention going back to school to get my Masters degree, and every manager or upper level executive I told that to would frown upon it and try to convince me that I did not need a degree higher than a Bachelor's.

However, I do realize that some people ride the wave with life and if you're a person that rides the wave then this may be a good jackpot for you. As with YEARS of hard work, and I mean YEARS! It'll pay off somehow and you'll probably be a branch manager or if you play your cards right, or an area manager. GOOD branch managers make about $60,000-$70,000.

Cons

-Catty & Petty nature
    -No Commission!!!!
    -Long hours (10+ hour days at home city and 12+ at the airport)
    -Treated like slaves, at times I hit 70 hours a week.
    -No care for employees, you'd work through snow storms, hurricanes, etc.
    -Hourly pay so you may not even hit the estimated $40,000 they claim your salary to be.
    -Growth & Promotion, in order to get promoted you must past two set of a tests (not a problem for me) BUT on top of that it's politics, if you're not buddy buddy or more (wink, wink) with someone then kiss your fast promotion goodbye. I knew someone who tried for two years to be promoted to an Assistant Manager.
    -Not a lot of opportunity, if you look at the amount of spots available for promotion vs. the amount of MT's you'll see how hard you must play the politics game.

Like I said in the title, this job is very doable, a headache but doable as long as you're at home city. Once you get sent to ATL airport, the people become 1000% petty and act like slave masters. You're on your feet for the entire 12+ hour shift and are outside despite the whether 9 out of those 12 hours (no exaggeration). All you do is walk customers back and forth to cars. At the airport there is no backend work or management training involved, which defeats the management trainee title but oh well.

If you are good at sales, go to a company that pays base and commission, you'll make a lot more! At Enterprise, there are out of the world sales goals that bring the branch and company millions of dollars and you personally never get your chunk of the cake!

Advice to Management

Start offering commission so that top sales people feel as if they are reaping what they sew because not everyone is lucky to get promoted. Even then it's a living hell.

"Fulltime"

Current Employee - Managemet Trainee in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Managemet Trainee in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discounted Rentals, Abel to network with customers which may lead to better opportunity

Cons

extremely long hours, micro managed, feel like a number and not a valued employee, politics, having to wash cars in a suit

Advice to Management

Promote people that have strong leadership skills and not people who can sell products well but are very socially awkward or immature.

5. "Resume builder......"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Give you an opportunity out of college
    Really teaches you how to sell
    be with co-workers so much you become family

Cons

Most weeks hit 60+ hours
    Trainees make ALL the money for the company and get over worked and under paid
    A lot of politics
    Everything comes down to the bottom dollar, even if it compromises your health or companies integrity

Advice to Management

Turn over rate is going to remain high if y'all do not figure out work life balance

"for the desperate"

Current Employee - Reservation Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Reservation Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

Pros

You get to work from home and save gas

Cons

I realized it was a mistake, once training began. It's so strict! You get paid a decent hourly wage but they let you know it is a sales based job. The commission is a joke!

Advice to Management

Chill out!

7. "Driver"

Current Employee - Bus Driver in College Park, GA
    Current Employee - Bus Driver in College Park, GA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family own nice people to work with

Cons

No Insurance or Retirement

Advice to Management

Pay raises and get health insurance

8. "Job review"

Former Employee - Rental Agent in Decatur, GA
    Former Employee - Rental Agent in Decatur, GA

Pros

Great people to work with and fun environment.

Cons

No work life balance. On your feet the whole day. You make the company thousands a day and they don't pay you enough. Unethical practices.

Advice to Management

Re think salary and hours.

9. "Please don't"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good place to learn the basics of management and a good stepping stone to a better job

Cons

Terrible terrible terrible work life balance. No matter what they tell you, you will not have any sort of life until you hit area manager which usually takes about 6-8 years. Oh yea, the pay can be beat at any other company.

Advice to Management

Either raise the pay or cut the hours.

"This job..."

Current Employee - Car Technician in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Car Technician in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you enjoy talking to people, one-third of your time could be spent doing that, although such is not always the case. If you actually like to clean, that's typically the most frequent part of the job.

Cons

Being surrounded by dismissive co-workers in suits, (while you're likely in polo shirt and jeans) and the occasional/more than occasional dismissive customer can often times make you feel like a second class citizen.

Advice to Management

Don't treat you're car techs like it's the help and maybe the'll stick around longer.

Showing 16 of 8,209 reviews